Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

I've changed laptop recently and trying to move my save across.

Changed the save from local to cloud.

But when I exit FM, steam says its syncing but makes zero progress - left it for hours.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is most likely your internet connection preventing syncing, whether it is connection timeouts or firewall settings or similar. 

The only thing to do is to wait while it says it is syncing, I'm afraid. 

There is a way to find out why this is happening but it may be easier to just copy the file across computers manually if you are having issues transferring via Steam Cloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

It is most likely your internet connection preventing syncing, whether it is connection timeouts or firewall settings or similar. 

The only thing to do is to wait while it says it is syncing, I'm afraid. 

There is a way to find out why this is happening but it may be easier to just copy the file across computers manually if you are having issues transferring via Steam Cloud

How do move the file across manually? To what folder etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you let me know what OS you are using I can provide you with exact instructions where to find the cloud save game files. 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucas Weatherby said:

If you let me know what OS you are using I can provide you with exact instructions where to find the cloud save game files. 

Thanks.

on a macbook air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Finder you will need to go to:

"~/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/cloud/"

If you are having issues getting there, as I said above I will need to know what OS you are using to provide you with exact instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucas Weatherby said:

In Finder you will need to go to:

"~/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/cloud/"

If you are having issues getting there, as I said above I will need to know what OS you are using to provide you with exact instructions.

sorry I'm clearly being dumb here but - OS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok one of the reasons the cloud save may not be working is you are not on the latest version of OS X Yosemite. 

Please update your Mac OS, and then try again (if you haven't already grabbed the save files from the location I gave you in the above post)

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Ok one of the reasons the cloud save may not be working is you are not on the latest version of OS X Yosemite. 

Please update your Mac OS, and then try again (if you haven't already grabbed the save files from the location I gave you in the above post)

Thanks

 

okay, so I got this message pop up whilst trying to copy over - The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “COl U (v02) (v02).fm” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try again but with Steam and FM completely closed and not running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...