[FM16] This Title Is Work In Progress

Benjoe

Determining the Style of our Future Football v2

Having seen how my previous formation worked in-game and looking once again at the material I have atm. I decided to revert back to a one-striker formation. This, either utilizing a DM or AM seems to be a far better look for us. Currently I'm working with 3 different looks but they function quite similarly. 

First we have a 4-1-4-1 with aggressive wingers as this is where we have our best weapon.

dbc093385b45882b431c548fa2394ad8.png

After trying with Inside Forwards I decided to see how they would perform if they were both Wingers on attack instead and so far it's been nothing short of amazing to see the work Rufino (LM) and Ignacio Gómez (RM) has put up. Quite opposite of how their stats would indicate, Rufino has been the primary scorer and Ignacio the assisting player. If this will continue we'll see a dint of form soon I don't know, but they show great promise and Ignacio is playing himself out on the RM spot now. Having been a position I didn't fancy too much due to an (maybe/clearly? unfairly) underestimation of the winger role to now being one of the most valuable and best performing positions and the place we field our two of our biggest stars. Rufino, who - and I can't stop pointing this out - was the second signing I ever made with Celta and for just 145k. Now he is an Icon and valued at 34.5M and wanted by Europes biggest. His decisions, his flair and technique, his quickness and his almost perfect first touch. What a player - an most importantly, winger. Ignacio is from our own academy and I've had trouble finding his perfect position. He was succesful in the centre of the midfield in his debut season but didn't follow that up and struggled to produce greatly as striker but now it would seem he found something he likes. Not exactly the same type as Rufino despite sharing some qualities. Good decision maker, quick feet, enduring, hard worker and able to get into dangerous positions when not in possesion of the ball. He is also technically very well rounded despite not being the best crosser if even much of a crosser. Of other things to note I use a Inverted Wing back at LB. Neither Planas or Prieto are born crossers or lightning quick so I see great benefit in having them join the midfield with the ball from time to time. They are both clever players and have physical and mental attributes that makes me believe it can help our midfield be harder to penetrate and perhaps also harder to counter through the middle as we'll sometimes have our LB in the DM or CM strata ready to win the ball back. The rest is quite standard but not necessarily looking this way every match. Our DM-CM-CM trident can easily change depending on opponent and players available. I can move the playmaker into DM strata and have a ball winner higher up the pitch or make both midfielders runners and have my DM be our playmaker. Lots of options. 

Second we have a 4-4-1-1 

bfa121d05d9e9e66dfbddae4e6666909.png

Nothing to different with this formation. We move our DM up to AM strata and can play with some of what I envisioned in my previous post, a striker and an attacking midfielder combining with each other. This, added to the two dangerous wingers can prove too much for weaker teams but might be too much of a risk against better teams. The roles can once again get tweaked and we can also have the playmaker at AMC and have a runner in midfield who doesn't have to build up play but instead be more aggressive in adventurous raids. A CM(D) - CM(A) - AP(S) could for example make such a result giving us balance as well as penetration from deep. 

Third and lastly we have a skewed 4-1-3-1-1

f201631084fccee33bc6c9b62b417f08.png

The, not so well-tested, 4-1-3-1-1 seems odd but could be devastating I feel. Having a guy building up play and roaming from deep, holding midfielder in midfield and a Trequatista to roam and find dangerous spots to combine with either of the 4 players who'll mostly be around him. Depending on the player playing the treq-role he could also go for a shot himself after a clever dribble. 

All in all I feel these looks good for the time being, despite having some trouble getting my striker to contribute in ways of goals or assists. Might change the CF(S) role, might not. Time will tell, but this looks promising to me. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get moving!

Having gotten all of this formalia with transfers and tactics out of the picture for a little while let's quickly get you guys up to speed, shall we?

8th November 2020

Injuries is great fun. 

As the date tells you I've played a little bit into the season despite not even deciding completely on a tactic until just now. It's been an up and down experience so far. As you can see on the tactics screen the previous post, we have injuries to 4 of our main 11. Vallejo took the "break a leg!" phrase a bit to serious and.. well yeah, broke a leg. He did that two games into the season and is out for probably another 3 months. Great. David Costas sprained his back trying to impress some lass and is slowly returning after 3 weeks of not impressing lasses. Planas did something odd and strained a muscle in his stomach.. Don't even want to know how or why. He is due to return in a couple of days and Iborra got a hip injury in something that might have been correlating with Planas' odd stomach injury.. He's been out for 4 weeks so far and is not back for at least another 4 weeks. 

New full backs are doing great.

d9e0adb1bc934f72afcb7decfc1d2468.png966f277973c73b7b0df362c518464fbb.png

Both Javi and Planas has done great for us since joining. Javi especially has been terrific and really taken over from Sergi Palencia, who couldn't be bothered to stay with us for another season and is now ripping up Ligue 1!

e81c7d0067fe6ca47551885bbf31c765.png

Orrr something.. 

Aleix is doing dutiful work in midfield.

c5eed7f82a000da4eb1eaed1f1d384da.png

Having been thrown a bit around Aleix haven't complained and just kept doing his thing. And his thing is good. Wait.. Not that thing, his football thi-never mind. 

These guys are winging it for us. Get it?

6e6dfe199d5714650ee40b41de118083.png3383e8c3b63cda80ef3bd0dcb9e6b8c2.png

They're wingers. You get it now?

Strikers are striking out.

ddbcbf38b54b1203e85532de58e8c57a.pnga3f76c4d432357d46bcfd556b49cd9e8.png

Both Xurxo and Pablo have actually had quite productive seasons, that was until I changed away from a two-man striker tactic. Since then Xurxo has been getting the nod to start but without his shorter friend, Pablo he's been a shadow of what he was just a month ago. He's been POM twice this season but both times before the change. Maybe I gotta change his role to backup to his friend Pablo. I do, however, understand their sadness to not link up in attack atm. When they hit the cylinders at the same time they were unstoppable. 

3dc5aaa9aa58b82ea3d133b5981c865c.png

Maybe Pablo could play the AM role in the future? 

Youngsters are stepping up when given some game-time. 

013c15a2f7a78fb2aa0c5fafaf049eeb.png
a6f167620c2d4f2f1a0d3ab7174e456a.png
bbe42fb9323a4510353ee14c24909349.png
4f481b7fcb60281d8eab118b8a9ca609.png

I'm really excited about these young ones. We have a (very) young squad overall, as you'll read in a couple of seconds below, but these are some of the youngest and doing really good. Actually Luis is the youngest in the entire league.

5239bc16825e094a89e7f41461b66436.png

And still he hasn't seem out of depths when he played. He evenly gets to play difficult and important roles as he has been either holding midfielder or a playmaker for us in what was a very demanding 4-2-4 basically. 

We got the youngest squad in the league.

2b0d4a46443bb782f7645357cd95ce36.png

This probably is also a strong factor in the fact that we are also the team with the least avg. int. caps per player. 

0f89fe37fd473f0c1d329cba6fb27110.png

Looks like we are doing good with the talents we have had at our club anyway. Just one player behind Barcelona. That's good.

Have a seat.

eb67065fe7c2c9182a224cf4e12fdb41.png

We got more seats and that was needed. Immediately after we made a new record for highest income to a game so we should be able to fill it out soon and hopefully get more seats.

We doing fine.

9533be17a9b3be0e9d93123dae414a59.png

Except for the embarrassing first loss to Brøndby we've actually done fine in general. 

6827ce80cd36b8e466349266607686f1.png

Would ya look at this though?

But we got our revenge a a couple weeks later.

641339faeb22097363be67c9f1d5a8fb.png

Europa.

02f88dd327599deba86886692f9306c5.png,

La Liga.

999289794a0d2179a4b691e5a1c1fa67.png

Closing in on the January transfer window we have already made quite a few deals. One of them is a player who'll be playing a big part of winning games for us, the otters (Lost anyone?) will be all about tutoring and getting good personalities and ppms for our young players.

5ecd733b74ed92ac822c8ffba2c6a67f.png

b5d6407b94981e745e9b5d3a8444c73f.png

I think Gómez will be even better when playing one-twos now and Dao will really benefit from his new ppm. He is rubbish at dribbling. 10 dribbling, 10 technique, 10 flair. But his acceleration at 18 and pace at 18 should be enough to get past most people. 

We just scored a goal against Atlético that perfectly illustrates the beauty of Rufino and Ignacio as wingers. 

7649b212817cce62e44801c67e890eb2.png

3 minutes into the game. Sergi Gomez is playing RB as Javi has gotten a 3-week injury. He brings the ball out of defence and plays a pass to an open teammate.

1637fbd5d5218befb2a3498736b34dca.png

Garcia uses his good vision (14) to spot Ignacio and passes it first time using his good technique (15), good first touch (15) and good passing (15). 

05f65c7ff1ec11f5808c50ae92ab7b82.jpg

Ignacio gets the ball and turns with it as he has time and space. As a matter of fact he has a lot of space. If he gets past the onrushing left back, Nabiullin, he'll get into very dangerous grounds. Notice Rufino Tomas in the other half of the pitch. Ready to sprint to the back post.

a0a0ff25f4f65993fed95a2081cbb38a.png

He knocks the ball between the legs of the fullback and is good to go. With an acceleration of 17 and 14 pace he is not easy to catch and his good technique 14 and good dribbling 14, he won't struggle to keep the ball under control. 

48b972ac2cd4cb30cdf86f38723744eb.png

He continues his massive sprint all the way to the byline and crosses it to the back post where he knows Tomás is running to. 

The game against Atlético ended with a convincing 2-0 victory. Bouza scored the definitive goal after some clumsy defending. 

0277c75b24409d29168cc6c42a1a2f97.png

19-year old Jonathan Sanchez also got another game from start and was a part of the defence that kept a clean sheet. Really liking what I'm seeing from him. 

620e4ff73ffc087d12cb6cd860db6d09.png

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

The tactics look a lot more sensible to me now.

Doing well, too. That league table is mental - what the hell happened to Barcelona and Real Madrid? :lol:

I agree! And it also feels like I have way more options to play around with. Much better control of how the team plays. Only issue now is the fact, that when Ignacio and Rufino aren't playing, we are utter ****. :D Need to find out the right combination when they need resting. 

It surprised me to see just how close we actually got to the top. Valencia still 8 points up, but they've shown signs of being stoppable so who knows. And beating last seasons champions 2-0 at home is a sign of our strength - even despite still missing Vallejo and Iborra (and Javi Manquillo)! Barca and Madrid are just messing up despite great squads. Laurent Blanc at Barca, André Villas-Boas at Madrid. 

I love Rufino and Ignacio.

We meet 5th placed Granada at home and after 6 minutes Pablo Silveira score after a good cross from Ignacio. In the 11th minute Fede, the stupid ****, decides to slide a two footed tackle unto the knees of an opponent right in front of the ref. He gets a ticket to an early shower and a 2 weeks wage fine (by me). So, now we are down one man and I'm afraid we'll struggle. After 25 minutes we have had 12 shots, Granada has had 1. Scoreboard says 1-1. 

But now starts the Rufi-Nacio show. Rufi sends a bullet of a cross to the far post and guess who shows up. Nacio. 2-1. We go to half time and the first minute of the second half the same things happen again. Nacio passes the ball from one side of the pitch, runs to the far post and gets a perfect cross from Rufi. 3-1. Granada scores after a corner in the 65th minute and now I feel the pressure. I take Pablo out and send Xurxo in and he quickly starts feeding off solid crosses from the Rufi-Nacio wings. 4-2, 6 minutes before the last whistle. Xurxo with a one-on-one with the GK after a good pass from Nacio. Money.

e1c4a1c0f5d30e057d56c3d0171d5467.png

ae813417f941377a74b0d29f383ec9b6.png

10 half chances and 7 CC-chances in a game we are one man down for 80 minutes. Against a top 5 team. Massive. I feel confident going forward. I don't think we can repeat the freak season just a year ago and win the league, but we can compete and I think we're gonna get a CHL spot!

14th of December 2020

As we edge closer to the winter window we have already made a lot, and I mean a lot of signings. Is this needed with our recent form in mind?

59f16fce793af38cb3011de6af4a22f9.png

Probably not. Nevertheless we have 7 players joining and so far 2 leaving. Tutors and talents joining mostly. 

5f3b8e634a7e9d981e65b5adf1db1cc7.pngFrancisco won't be joining us, but wow what a mohawk!

9ad3313199e6d01d113ea5a5faa6c9f9.png

I'm also considering taking the only player worth money from Deportivo as he is out of contract this summer and he looks really solid. Stealing him from a fierce rival would be fun and seeing it as Depor is on there way down this season he probably won't stay anyway and don't feel to comfortable about him joining another top 4 team in Spain. He does lack some better reflexes and needs to improve his one-on-one, but I believe that goalkeepers can improve even after turned 23 or that might just be how I find it irl. Anyway, I like him and some of his mental attributes are just really fitting for a keeper of a top club. Composure needs to be raised but his concentration and decisions, positioning and anticipation are just really f***ing good. I might pull the trigger on him. I like him a lot better than any of the goalkeepers in our squad that's for sure - and only one of them are from our own academy, and he is far from being half the keeper. 

c27aee958cc1df9b607353fa877735ca.png

Also we've been drawn up against Köln in Europa. We are getting their best player this winter for a good price, and they shouldn't be able to win over two games. I feel confident. 

0e6ad1fb3b3184edeb342b03c2a411d0.png

Don't remember the last time I ever saw a player without any weaknesses addressed. He's also been immense in his last 5. 8.44, 4 goals, 2 assists.

Comparing that to Rufino even a player like he has weaknesses despite being described as being world class -which he is! 8.32 in his last 5 games with 2 goals and 5 assists. 

6da1431a6c56d6b7611d2c05ba6352aa.png

I am really surprised I almost missed out on this duo of destruction. I mean, Rufino was a LB for us a season ago and Ignacio was used centrally and only just now getting time on the wing. I don't know if it'll last forever or pass soon but as long as they do what they're doing now I am hyped!

5dce32b9aceddf7da516ca1117b32683.png

Staff adjustments.

047563fb747f73a3c22f2509086fea1a.png

As you can see, we don't exactly follow the same policy when assigning staff as we do when we buy players. I want the best personnel as possible, and it just doesn't seem to be the Spaniards. I do feel it is somewhat ruining the concept, however. Therefore I will try to find the very best possible Spanish staff members and add them and remove some of the current staff, that I find are the least important. Some are untouchable though. Vladimir  Gudelj is both an icon, and a professional man. He is a good utility coach as well and an important member overall.

1270fcbd5f99b3daa90e401bceaaa107.png

He does an important task in reducing workload off of the coaches who have specialities and considering his professionalism I want him to stay no matter.

Sylvinho has just recently been assigned - the reason why he has no duty atm. But he can contribute with 4 star training in either of ball control, attacking and shooting aaand he is a model professional with a past of being a Celta player for 3 seasons. He won't be going anywhere either. 

A general rule; I won't be removing staff who have a good personality and are having plus 4 star training. They are simply to useful to the club as a whole.

I decided to say goodbye to 2 of our coaches: Fulvio Pea and Massi Catini. Neither were irreplaceable in terms of coaching, and neither had desirable personalities. 

df07c2e01928dc38ccbef7a3b51a69d3.png

I found 2 good candidates to take over from the departing italians.

2d47259cfd32fc1c8eb0062be9d596a6.png

David Albelda is really good at a lot of things and also good with young players and considering the young average age of our current squad that could be needed. He is also resolute with a decent determination as well.

d0cbf0a67d9ce91b6222be0da9e13c6a.png

Miguel was actually just promoted from our u19 department. He is a professional with a good determination, brilliant with youngsters and generally a good coach. I like that addition a lot to the first team. 

All in all the training ratings look good, and with good personalities as well I feel we are good to go. 

New HoyD

I've decided to mutually terminate the contrsct we had with Chuti Molina. I liked the players that were brought through in his 5-year period but I want a HoyD with a better personality as Chuti's Jovial personality just doesn't cut it. 

b98b35d3226451f4d9722322769af1ac.png

Being on the lookout for a resolute HoyD who was Spanish as well I searched far and wide but couldn't find the completely perfect person perhaps, but I found what I'd call the next best thing. 

f3623d4ec675e7ed0c319c728bd4e23f.png

This guy. Herrera comes in with a lot of ability about judging player talent and is good at motivating and managing players. This isn't the most important part, but I like to be able to trust the evaluations I get when we get our YI to be correct, so this was important. He is also a determined person, and this is really good. And I don't mean just his determination is high, but 'Determined' personality means he has Determination (18-19) and Ambition (10-20) so he would even in worst case have Ambition at least at 10 which wouldn't be the end of the world. His media handling style is level-headed which iirc means in this combination that his professionalism sadly could be below 10 but I am not sure and don't have time to check the Personality and Media Handling Guide Thread just now. Maybe I'lll do it another time with a lot of staff and players too. 

As you can see from the screens posted the date has also hit the 31st of December. This means that I can offer a contract to previously show Mateo González. Which has successfully been done! Now I must await his answer and hopefully acceptance. 

5dd826b4d8b38ed2d5dab4b866fe7f3c.png

e8b6b92876034eefa715db77080e67d2.png

Looking at Santamaria's goals tally and amount of assists it makes no sense to me that he won Golden Boy of the year. F*** Sake. 

85b79134511c84f52cd6097e73d863ac.png

The way my young guns here have performed and not only this first half season but also much of the end of last season I don't understand it. In this season alone both have outperformed Santamaria heavily. He has scored 9 in 36 games. Rufino 10 in 17. Santa has assisted 5 times in 36 and Ignacio has 8 in 18. And then theres the averages.

efce89b598ac3c3d959efaaf108f660f.png

I'm infuriated!

He is, however, a serious talent so there's that.

6aab72a61e46b80c83da2034262a6b52.png

Brutal player really, but not deserving of this award this year. 

EDIT: 

106b74752629ba65a5455cf3353ab23d.png

This offer just came in. That's not a bad price for a 21-year old with that talen. Sadly, I cannot buy him for multiple reasons but wouldn't I like to have him and his helmet of hair on our team.

In other news;

5c6ff366888c0400fe239ddd3c41305f.png

We got him! Next Galician derby will be fun. He has 6 months left in A Coruña before the change. He is by far their best player at they're fighting for survival and can't spare him. Looking forward to seeing how that goes. 

The Window is open!

34c2ef82df90b161510fcb73d4e79c45.png

"...as Emile Heskey radically re-shapes his squad."

I bought 1 player, who is to be a first team player instantly. Then I bought 2 youngsters, one of them is a returned son. And then there's 4 guys whose sole or primary purpose will be tutoring.

Álvaro Bustos was bought as he is a professional winger with some nice PPM's and got a good age as he can tutor for many years. He was and is cheap and can actually contribute in the league should we need the depth. Nice signing. 

115a56762217afe0909362f56e9cee28.png

Some of you guys might remember Nestor Salinas. I have no clue why I decided to sell him, and can't be bothered to read back in the thread. Maybe he was unhappy? Anyways, he is a Model Professional and got high determination too. Arrives Late in Opponents' Area is a PPM that has to be tutored iirc so that is nice to have on a player in a tutor-age. It is also a nice PPM for a supporting midfielder to have. 

97e7a7df4f3435b4eb335bfa33642283.png

Mikel Rico and Javi Paredes are the oldest players bought this window and are solely for tutoring purposes and potentially later on staff. 

fe59cf55ee84a30709809774fa3a5f0d.png

fac50861e01c9ec21e1d51e26816b626.png

Dani "Dani-Boi" Conde is returning to familiar grounds after an unsuccessful 2-year trip to Tottenham where he earned exactly 0 first team appearances. He really shouldn't have gone, but his rc got triggered as it was ridiculous (4.1M) but now he'll get the role he was about to have right before he left us. Backup RB. That's where I see him get the best results atm at least. Also, I'll never call him "Dani-Boi" so don't worry about that becoming a thing.

bfc802cacefb49879223c944ccf74d75.png

Andoni López is perfect for the supporting midfield role I feel. He could also easily turn into either a fierce wingback or a winger in general. He can do a lot and ambidextrous asf. I like him and have been eye-balling him forever and now he was at a discount since his contract was soon expiring. 

e96eda6fa74a94d25af940d5ac44d7c9.png

I am considering selling Canales. Marco Asensio was suddenly available - that means I realised his rc was at 11.75M. STEAL. He'll be a first team star and a valuable tutor. Resolute with Curls Ball. Yes pls. 

122278a53d2727e1d0d3cda3a28840b3.png

Brilliant deal on Asensio!

I personally find it a little unrealistic the whole tutoring system, specially these veteran players who are clearly nowhere near good enough to be starters for you, like Javi Paredes. I'm surprised you can actually use him for tutoring, I thought there was a system now where you get a message of the likes "this player doesn't have enough of a senior role to be a tutorer"?

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Brilliant deal on Asensio!

I personally find it a little unrealistic the whole tutoring system, specially these veteran players who are clearly nowhere near good enough to be starters for you, like Javi Paredes. I'm surprised you can actually use him for tutoring, I thought there was a system now where you get a message of the likes "this player doesn't have enough of a senior role to be a tutorer"?

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing him in action soon.

I agree that it can ruin the realism but in both of Javi Parede's and Mikel Rico's case they also function as u19 coaches. Actually don't know if that is ruining realism even more haha, and also, it is correct that you can get those kinds of messages. I wanted to tutor guys with Javi as he is one of the only professional defenders in the entire club. I only get one 18-year old player to tutor. That player refuses, and then there were no more options due to his role being too low. So his wage might be wasted as a player but not completely as he still trains the u19 and has his personality affecting both overall squad personality and coaches personality.

The new year got presents for us.

I had completely missed the fact that our 5 first games in January would be ludicrously hard.

fcff191e0ac2c65b7bb4df92765d9574.png

That's.. that's just not fair, is it?  

Also there are (more) changes happening to the squad this window.

A  legend has returned to the club. 

I've brought an RB back from Milano and sold or loaned a lot of the players I either felt weren't good enough or would be behind some of our own products in the line for game time. 

Some players, however, have some sort of twisted way of making my plans of selling them impossible.. 

13d2b2c4673c72edba407161bbd64d33.png

037cc5437babdf3be928bf8aeffb9d16.png

Happened the same day as I offered them both out to clubs. Same. Day.

Billedresultat for coincidence gif

Also these British clubs better back off!

8267340b48dd78dc4e2d53a53905795b.png

34 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Those new revolving doors that you had installed are dangerous....also, I'll see you in rehab on the 25th on January! :lol:

Guess we should have bought the 'Injury-free guaranteed edt.' anyways, goddamnit! 

Cliffhanger: We might have won more than we lost of these 5 games. :hammer:

The dust has settled after January of Doom. 

And we survived! I'm still manager of Celta Vigo and we are still going strong. Except for in the Spanish Cup. Atlético was too much over 2 games.

Rufino and Bouza scored in our first game against Atlético in the first leg in a game we'd win 2-1.

96c4cae41e279e65cd813961075913e3.png

A good match that had intense moments and occasionally dominant displays from either side. 

Real proved a too big task to meet right after the first leg against Atlético.

bb36cb05e2579b52f41b90dff28f9f05.png

Total decimation. Once again we commit a dumb penalty.

After the game against Real we stayed in the capital as we had our second leg against Atlético. 

48f1f5465addbd28ed0b2a8a3da82040.png

Yeah.. Third game in a row where we commit a penalty. Nice streak we got going here. We lose 1-nil and are out on aggregate. 

Just 3 days later we meet Barcelona. At Nou Camp. Great. Tired players and a lot of injured guys too. Not exactly what you'd wish for prior to a game against the Catalan giants. This was the settings for what would be a dominant performance from Los Culés. 

9b5835d81a48822f54c9b7bb6035a0da.png

This was the match stats after 83 minutes. They didn't create big chances and took a lot of long shots but still, we were under an unpleasant bombardment. Each possesion was a struggle to survive until Gerardo Prieto, who was playing a Limited Full Back role to aid our defence, broke possesion and passes it first time to Rufino (17). Notice Silveira staying deep in enemy territory.  

a8a2880fa6db82f6dc828225054190de.png

Rufino receives the pass and finds Garcia driving forward in a bid to break from Barca's number 6.

c401b19f64be2fa7bdd9a6bdb3c82c0e.png

He can't break past number 6, but after shielding the ball will dribling he finds Pablo Silveira who had just cut back after testing the off-side trap.

b5fb6e1fd24b5017840448830b5b9bfc.png

Silveira fights to get past Kostas Manolas and manages to get daylight in the penalty box.

052ad0e9327348123c52d1140e79219d.png

f7299aca90a6702ea211f3760ea60845.png

72ec1cfbc1b9b7684e6bb6750a766c3c.gif

9d3902f25983af966b56ecc659dd2afa.png

7eb7ab3fa8bce2060b0edfb219476767.png

Wonderful strike from our young striker and we manage to keep the clean sheet as well. Strong team effort and disciplined too. 

Coming home to Pontevedra we had more than entire weeks rest before 1st placed Valencia would visit. What luxury those 8 days felt like for sore legs. Valencia, having only lost once prior to this day, would never be an easy task - not even with 8 days rest. However we felt confident. Having shown what our team could accomplish even when pushed to our limit we felt unbeatable. First half was a dull affair for all that pompous attitude we'd brought upon us. Second half would bring more highlights on the other hand. 

David Costas soared the highest following the confusion created by a precise corner from Rufino. 1-0. 

Ten minutes later it would once again start with Rufino's corner precision. This time not as precise though but still, chaos ensued and the ball ended some way outside of the box. Here Asensio was ready to fire a bullet.

In the last 10 minutes of the game Valencia really showed teeth as they pushed forward. Suddenly the had reduced our lead. José Gayá with a shot from very far out as he was chasing a missplaced pass heading for the sideline. Domenech doesn't look too good on this one.

Luckily we had the coolness to close out the game despite Valencia taking control of possesion.

3a7211dd27713878ea11f993c89af54c.png

The last game of this brutal month was a game against Málaga, a game that seems easier on paper than any of the other fixtures we'd been through. 

But at half time we weren't in the lead. We were actually a bit shocked I'd say. 2-2 was the score and we'd looked really clumsy at both of their scores and it was only due to Silveira's coolness in front of goal and Rufino's class winger-work that we'd scored.

5210f19d231fd38e76c4c75b6b0f2cf6.png7

Impressive from Silveira to be that quick off the mark though.

Second half would prove to be a very different performance from us without regard to our first half struggles. 2-6 would be the final score. Silveira x3, Ignacio Gómez x2, David Costa x1 and Rufino with 4 assists. Incredible showing in second half.

42b376affd1ae7b1866c646ad76df9bc.png

Standing tall we passed through January.

b48d8e94785c6e18aabb6f2e957b01bb.png 

The league looks good now too.

993733ba0e9d5c761fd4b487eb922ce0.png

The remainder of our season actually looks really good.

b02334dace9010eb2e2332679b367330.png

Not a lot of top teams left in here. A trip to Estadio de Madrid and a visit from Sevilla and Real. That's basically all I really fear. I know were going to lose stupid points against the others - were not that sublime but I don't fear them. Köln shouldn't be the biggest threat either as we stole their best player. We'll see what they got ready for us.

In the dying hours of the English transfer window Man Udt got dangerously close to triggering Ignacio's RC. I'm glad they didn't. I have no idea how we would have replaced him and his value in our pursuit of CHL positions and contending for the title. Add to that, that the transfer would have happened AFTER the Spanish window had already closed, so we'd have to find a replacement from within straight away. Luckily that isn't necessary now.

fa9675cc1e669a7199a10040915b54df.png

The registration messed up for the Euro Cup, however. As I was trying to registrate there were problems seeing some of the players and it wouldn't go away even after reloading. After spending way too much time I decided to hit auto and hope for the best. Who was left out? Oh, just Marco Asensio...  At least Iago Aspas got registrated and as we couldn't get a decent fee for Sergio Canales we also have him on our books too. We have an immense off firepower for that AMC position.

8c80ad18de6c2734576c9e4e7ceaa7f6.png

ad216212f4f7e89fde950e5d4865d837.png

So my attempt to make Luis adopt Rico's professional personality, sadly. 

0420059201f3cb73da5a100c4b59c4e7.png

That is not hindering his development, it would  seem. Getting along really nicely. He's gotten 17 games in total so far this season with an avg of 6.93. I think that's very much acceptable. 

I completely forgot to talk about the last days of the transfer window!

Aside from the players who joined the 4th of January, who I've already shown, I ended up buying a further 3 players. Let's start with the prospect.

3a53e0deb33d36167be2782f083247b8.png

Ramón has good anticipation and decisions and I like that in a defender. He still has some parts of his game that needs work and he is already 23 so I might not see him improve significantly but for just 325K I felt it would be worth the gamble. He hasn't gotten his debut yet but we're only 2 injuries in defence away from seeing him start. As we bought Ramón I felt it was a good chance to loan out Alain Calle.

We also got the chance to bring back Hugo Mallo who I had the pleasure of having as RB for my first 2 seasons with Celta. 2.9M was Milans price to let him return, a price I gladly paid. He is rotating as RB with Javi Manquillo and I've also tested him as a CM(D)/DLP(D) in midfield mostly with succes. 

6b8f6750b9f97d3658351f70a3f374e0.png

And here comes the legend!

d0fba19545dc325a07c34ca0801e8857.png

Iago is back. He's aged 4 years since we last saw him in the skyblue jersey and he might not be the same player completely but he still got some very decent attributes for a 33 year old. It was mostly for sentimental reasons that I paid the ridiculously low 170K to Everton to get him back. He won't be cutting the line to get ahead of our younger guys but he'll rotate and get games from time to time. It's good to have him back no matter the outcome of his homecoming.

Of outgoing transfers we had a few:

c6a36d434addba07e77e503ab4f45151.png

A lot of these guys were unhappy with lacking game time and I just didn't want to prioritize them as opposed to my younger guys or homecoming own academy players like Hugo Mallo. Therefore this bunch left and I think we're going to be fine. We might lack some depth but we have a lot of young players ready to get their chance to prove themselves. I didn't care to push the prize to the highest. Our finances are fine, and I don't spend huge amounts on transfers so I'd rather just cut the deadwood quickly. Makes for a smoother transition in this situation. 

Visiting Bernabeu in the Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd 1st leg

g16gMTZ.jpg

Heading into the first game we felt pressured. Pressured to prove ourselves. During my tenure we had never gotten past the 2nd knockout phase of any international tournament. Olympique Lyonnais defeated us with 7-1 on aggregate back in 16/17, and last season we fell at the feet of Olympiakos. Now we've been drawn up against league rivals Real Madrid, who incidentally gave us a 3-0 beating just a couple months ago. As if this weren't causing enough disstress we would be without Rufino, Javi Manquillo, Iago López and Pablo Silveira for the first leg. Seeing as our registration for the tournament messed up Asensio wouldn't be able to face his former club either. As we knew Madrid would come flying with a lot of strong attacking moves we wanted to play a three-man midfield that would support offense but mostly stay compact and help our defensive players. We ended up adjusting our 4-1-4-1 into a 4-3-2-1 moving our DM into midfield and pushing our wingers up a notch. As we did this we gave support and defend instructions to our fullbacks and midfield players and told our wingers to help build up play as they needed to occasionally drop back and get possesion. As injuries had stricken our team we also had problem finding players who were completely fit and would be able to run the entire match. Our search had to delve into our u19s where we found Dani Olmos who would get his debut as he'd play a supporting midfield role. Next to 17-year old Olmos we would have another 17-year old, who joined our ranks the same season as Olmos. Luis Fernández. Quite a young and inexperienced midfield to throw at the Lions that was Madrid. We didn't plan on controlling the game or even venture forward that much. We just wanted to survive and these guys were diligent players to have in midfield.

Starting XI's

66bc6b8564a2d3a3a8aaf954ad765f1c.png

Real Madrid's Players

Spoiler

f28c5857afd62d59125554eef92b7b1c.png

87cc0ac55c817c4ff39ac43f16d1b719.png

7c13a9d039b65defa095a7bbac84294a.png

4d9cf6265234626075f576da1efeacb5.png

15095627c09a695b165f9ebf8221891b.png

f43ff1151007f01edb3af996aaef6d54.png

e5e45650008b122b78c2386287f2d00f.png

7332ee18aeddd02e1a909676c0a6d7f9.png

d33925a68c2c33a92ce85c33985559bb.png

32186900cd4b349ba416cf84c7e9b343.png

Celta Vigo's Players

Spoiler

a40ec70a4854c60a6d8e225d16324de8.png

3045ceae27405f6e88d0f7eed642f0ab.png

c24fca6b880954092b10e3eeba8a9780.png

ab9000ac62b78b36feb9d1561437092e.png

0df86cdbd488f83c59ef2709a1939eea.png

61b513fc4a8e02890477dc81dd82634c.png

edb0bc7974171ba7752ba58ce5719412.png

1f69218e2359a54b0077f850d9660e95.png

32276b447c08929e46a1d9fd52f04a64.png

dba9e5d21295e7f8fe847f687eaa3543.png

f6b338f584b43d091bdb38560d4b1213.png

58d1c258ee2f11c43d91f14846d26aaa.png

As the game started we quickly felt the pressure from Madrid's dangerous offense, but we dropped deep, and we stayed that way. They couldn't drag us out of our shape and after the first ten minutes you could already feel their frustrations as they took one long shot after the other. 

11 minutes into the game Ignacio Gómez made a clever pass cutting through defence and Garciá cam running for it. At the farpost we had Ibaibarr and sprinting to the box we had Dani Olmos.  

728e1e429bc52f74b886deb34ffca0a5.jpg

Garciá received the ball and quickly sent it towards the penalty spot where Olmos had ended his sprint.

779c35157a2437397c303234aec3e12e.png

Olmos first timed a shot...

76bbe46e338d9b419529c86dc2c9a899.gif

And it's good! Perfect finish from the debutant! 

Five minutes later Madrid pushed on again.

Following a corner Toni Kroos crossed the ball.

2fad8aad4c4a8fa1fb9f3272203cfc77.png

Samir was standing ready to receive the well placed cross and slammed it towards the farpost!

b1713b31f3b6dedefe089ca177228ecd.png

Hugo Mallo was standing ready and Domenech came flying for the ball.

ce5092929097384a0ce2075847614ec7.png

Domenech missed the ball but Hugo was composed as he slammed the ball out of the box.

The rest of first half ended with a compact defence from us and frustrated offense from Madrid.

Second half was much the same. Madrid rarely came through on goal and their long shots were no threat to Domenech. Late in the second half Iago Aspas, who'd just came as a sub, had the biggest chance of the game as Levin Öztunali made a bad defensive header. 

e00cc8ec4d16295dd496129873f8e8c7.png

6fc479e80ca6fc2c06b6c93e9ee0b9c8.png

But Iago missed a huge chance to score.. 

The game ended with a 0-1 victory!

d32356d97c46dad858a7ef8c7b937281.png

20e921bd245de1d770e9f12984b0cde5.png

1b2c21f27a64b2bfe9f214dd5dce284a.png

4e890fc5503bd355fb7284dc5f60058c.png

If it isn't a beautiful story to have a 17-year old debutant, who was born in Vigo and supports Celta Vigo, to score the winning goal against Madrid... then I don't know what is. 

Real Madrid visit Balaídos in the Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd 2nd leg
ih4YAPl.jpg

Leading up to the return we were confident that we could do the same at home. Stay back, frustrate Real and then slam them on transitions. Therefore we sticked to the 4-3-2-1. The only major changes came due to annoying injuries. Carles Planas and Vallejo went down the day before the game. No worries, Gerardo Prieto and David Costas were ready to take their spots. 

Starting XI's

d200d328ca7471cd93395a5a99f7ddd9.png

As the referee whistled the first whistle of the game we started our tactical gameplan and fell deep into our own half. Soon we realised that Real Madrid's players weren't pushing forward. Where they scared of our strong counter attacks or did they want to lure us into a trap? I decided not to alter the tactics and allowed my players to play the game the way we planned and practised. 

After 5 minutes play we had the first chance as Toni Ibaibarr and Hugo Mallo combined from the side line.

141cec0b24cf2e3969697d9a0efa56e7.jpg  536bcd47076a8773006ba1b22a52d542.jpg

Having played a cunning one-two with Hugo Ibaibarr found himself with a lot of space and confidently decided to take the shot!

1e2a941c8847535872e09f2ac3aab84d.jpg  3b94a56f3e85f19122923a2fda850737.jpg

Sadly Vardin was calm as he caught the tame finish.

10 minutes later Canales decided to reveal he has eyes in the back as he received the ball with back to the goal. 

364db0c1c8b2629b453ed2cb90cd5844.jpg

He takes one touch and instantly turns with the ball and passes in the same motion. Gerardo Prieto had already taken a optimistic run into open space and Canales knew this.

0e3aea24bcc424c3334547cfcc023fdb.jpg  757e3d475304e5c58055ab4190507a91.jpg

Prieto found himself through on goal but as he is no goalgetter and was getting closed down by Varane, would he be able to get a precise finish off in time?

40dc48f7a097387874cebc8c71bdc44d.jpg

He would. But sadly it just barely grazed the crossbar and went out for goalkick.

Just 8 minutes later Hugo Mallo and Toni Ibaibarr decided to combine on the right flank again.

f4783cb22f521668ccd81de04a9ddcb1.jpg  

Hugo Mallo somehow got past Carvajal after some tremendous fumbling skills. Ibaibarr had taken a similarly dangerous position as earlier in the game. Hugo had spotted this.

64bd431f40909367adf91df19a55cfe6.jpg  d46b5a06209f09e970a4f237529af8a4.jpg

Ibaibarr decides to take one touch and slams it towards goal. 

82f30dff086c00e5d5b26cb75bcb9311.jpg  161ea1c2518ad47d05624bbe0a0466d0.jpg

And it's good! Verdin is chanceless as it goes off the post and in! 2-0 up on aggregate, and we end the first half. Shot statistic read 10/6 to our favor and Madrid's chances have been toothless.

Second half starts the same way. Madrid has some long shots but they don't bother and only once they get through on goal but it was offside. 

In the 65th minute Ignacio lobs a near perfect through ball over the defensive line to Iago Aspas who had made a clever run. The ball hits the ground once and then he hits it on the volley!

36ebc5b92c5694c42f75cf34e05ec686.gif

The volley hits Verdin and despite being over the rebound quickly with a new finish it gets saved once again. Commotion ensued but in the end the ball was sent away.

We weren't finished creating big chances as Ignacio decided to hammer a shot at goal. 

bc5052ad246b615fd2d576ff4d7ab6f7.jpg  d610862c7b293d5674eabe3c035b5d14.jpg

The shot was hard, precise and flat. A difficult shot to save but Verdin managed to get it parried to the side. Unlucky, 'cus Ibaibarr had sniffed blood.

f35330dc1fa97f5f4930333314c32091.jpg  d40580e0a8738026efef5455df75a29a.jpg

And he was cold-blooded as he finished off the encounter with his second score.

Real Madrid had nothing to offer. 

e86b51e1fe2a133705488f40f3191373.png

Bon voyage.

It's the 17th of March in-game so I'm close to the youth intake since it happens sometime in March, but I don't know when I get it and when I have time to write about it. For now, league table is all I can give. And it looks good!

e923381d65b7aae70f0b1047168a7430.png

Sixth Youth Intake year 2021

So, it turns out, when I left for work earlier today I was on the exact date the YI would arrive, I just hadn't advanced enough. But now it's finally here! Having just brought in new staff, thereof a new HoyD, and having some nice affiliates I am eager to see how it went this season. Will we get a new Ignacio or Silveira or maybe even a defensive anchor? 

ebb85d1a6bb32fbfa93b94845cd96af4.png

Looking at the announcement it looks both promising and worrying. Promising as we see some local Vigo boys, some exotic players from affiliates in Mexico and Ivory Coast, a not so exotic german from Chemnitz and 3 Brits probably picked up due to my manager being British Emile Heskey. 

No more fumbling around. Let's see the youngsters!

Spoiler

fbcfc16725aac628f4c3876d0184aa0f.png

Ahhh.. sod it. 

Guess it wasn't the right choice. Chuti was good and reliable. He always provided something. This.. I think it's the worst YI since I got here, at least from just looking at this screen. 

Well. Maybe it looks better when looking at the players. Let's start with some of the worst rated players who still have interest.

068e676d468b021ea66e58c3f40fa91b.png

He can run a lot. Can't do much else. ****e technique and is a CAM. Nah.. Concentration at 2, Positioning 4, Off The Ball 4, Technique 4... BALANCE AT 2?! Combine all his stats and what do you get? A talentless German who can feck back to Chemnitz. You know what?

f5145110efc4edd4bc84d1584d4a339d.png

What have you ever given us - except for chlamydia that one summer? Nothing. Goodbye or should I say, Hasta la vista ****s!

fd90457ed44ef0b8e11a332cdfa50331.png

So.. Where do we go from here? 

Let's go look at another regen from an affiliate.

a99e0fb15a3f40b0953ffd65ee7e40e1.png

Durán Durán from Mexico! Whoooo a player who can throw the ball like a handball player! And he actually has nice physical stats too. I kinda appreciate his stats. He is quite average at everything. But apparently no potential. We'll see. Mexican affiliate, you bueno enough.

3ee22dd677ff7914eb7cf5d5457518d3.png

We got ourselves a big ****ing British defender! Will he become anywhere near good enough? Not certain, not even sure he can run 10 metres without fainting due to his horrible stamina.

33edc2934da9d78fc6f9739fa9f5c5aa.png

Narvaez might be able to develop into a mediocre at best Limited Full Back. But hey, that ain't so bad necessarily. We don't have many fullbacks coming through so maybe he is worth a shout.

31eb503ee241834cf48693ed854bcc03.png

Anxo Soñora with the delicate name. He actually looks really good! 2½ * PA must be a joke. He got thhe makings of being a great full back here! I really like him actually and we have no other youngsters except for Adama Sylla from last year, but he doesn't look as good at his age as Anxo does. 

1a5186449c090fd935d149988eb36b3e.png

This guy might become a decent striker, but we have some way to get there. He is good at finishing but lacks the technique and first touch combined with mental attributes to really excel even at this age, but his physical side looks good although week. 

08a0fa879bbc9fa21604b346725517f6.png

Quick and can cross. Nothing much else to say. Decent decision making though. 

5060975c596c3ded458d2773ff5c25fe.png

I like Birch's mental attribute by and large. He is decent technical and physically as well. Not too shabby this guy. 

a044f037c3fe9c41145b6b9445a1635a.png

He is quite okay. I'm not blown away, but he is not bad! He is technically quite good, and quick enough at this age. He could become something but is behind the line of a lot of talented strikers. 

I've quoted the third post in this thread with players who've come through the intakes throughout these 6 seasons. Some nice changes with a lot of the players.

On 6/9/2016 at 00:35, Benjoe said:

A Fábrica - The Factory

Here you'll be able to find all the talents that come through our own academy, which I very creatively have chosen to call 'A Fábrica'. And a factory is exactly what I want our academy to become. I want it to just spit out talent left and right, that the youth staff will then be able to form until I decide it's time for their chance in the first team. I'll update it annually when we take in new youth players. This post will only contain screenshots of the players that are in any way interesting This post will contain screenshots of all the players who have come through our academy and I will keep track of their development, wether at our club or another, however all talk about the players will be in specific 'academy players' posts in the future. 

Sometimes I will, however, stop updating a certain player as some of them are very untalented and no longer with us. 

Real players from day one:

Reveal hidden contents

Alexis Alejandro Fernández

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
03ff8b1b05eafd03143c9c1501965bbc.png

April 2017
27fad74833a64d592d83729d4e8e851d.png

April 2018
f6d1e3d3da89dc852948e9a641a74c98.png

Carlos Pérez

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
0d7aa07de6a7a8113e85f4017911cb74.png

April 2017
02d9075907b7b6da7cb6f12968866eb3.png

April 2018
04645f0bf5078b01a1e964bae43c187b.png

Pablo Salgueiro

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
a3da9a2f6ed854454814e7b14401b5ca.png

April 2017
447acf146a471f5b827cbc0cde04644b.png

April 2018 
43c1aff8920b6631c2503d0a2d8bf8b3.png

Martín Fuentes

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
e728976aa0a409ccc3fa2d41d906c356.png

April 2017
d05d37aecd3cbdf00efee9b3564ddeac.png

April 2018
02e5325dc919ecb99471e1b68f76fa04.png

Luca Giovanella

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
8ea943e5ec46e177d5fcc1745bc729ea.png

April 2017
65736d7525d9e8c345231475d7714ddf.png

April 2018
c61e48f28a4e1f2d5ce8c5df496d4edf.png

April 2019
6bb83ab354a63e1659768666b7bc2c6a.png

May 2020 c8b0512b059c97d53af2ccd5a47652ac.png
https://gyazo.com/c8b0512b059c97d53af2ccd5a47652ac

Javier Sanmartín

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
3968c6d49b76e461c4e3d563e98e6be0.png

April 2017
c65725082f809211d08786f76a36941f.png

April 2018
d998d67a451b6e013b3580d360c9e264.png

April 2019
51de186ce9132984b780fdc5b7ac5906.png

May 2020
9c74869134b327d4e5a2968951acc360.png

Oscar Martinez

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
e52a5a98397eaf191c1a49ea64456358.png

April 2017
61e22735b67b4334c3759380e1658221.png

April 2018
24cd4a8858e0586f04beaea166599f1a.png

April 2019
8d115e311369919bffac2e5eebeef9b4.png

May 2020
9dddb745d5475b41160b3b55c58f0e76.png  

José Sobrido

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
26ccb85bc005a80994a7b7a8ac21ebf1.png

April 2017
0dc68e121e6826c67f7cd214ef5d8a8d.png

April 2018
4733a6811fef16d790698e2330f1aa51.png

First batch of regens 2016
  Reveal hidden contents

Factors

Reveal hidden contents

HoYD

Reveal hidden contents

093b9e3cf2fdd0af3c6c9c00dfadcabe.png

Facilities

Reveal hidden contents

2affb8f3009ab27e5edfd2b11799665c.png

Club Reputation

Reveal hidden contents

Equivalent to 2017 4858e89b844d45ed190680d14672658a.png

Last League Position

Reveal hidden contents

8th. place 2014/2015 

European Adventure year before

Reveal hidden contents

None.

Daniel Miguel Nevado

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
43af65ffedffdf6ef28112945346d089.png

April 2017
3b7cc584759ec970dbed86c02b3d2014.png

April 2018
a0bd3347adbc0785ea430e2137321647.png

April 2019
afb7054fc90ad90992b4ace8d52a2d25.png

May 2020
30529f10a019fd58e9c605d7da643a73.png

Hugo Arbelo

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
aa4979dce8ecf04b366c2f8d5017b752.png

April 2017
a34a0a26a1d722e1afb359a9d13126ec.png

April 2018
4552e68c39601829bdc425d3ca68ea47.png

April 2019
7746b26cec6fd1316d5f1719a9651013.png

May 2020
1a24559f29eb281d170b9254d10f49c4.png

Iago López

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
b142428404bda3690411e9bc4487eeb9.png

April 2017
241fa47e095829201b8d9aaffa8ac832.png

April 2018
dcbc5f0b16b2e2ffcfee60ddcea6753b.png

April 2019
0bf71d1e7adbb6c9497e1e084e26cb91.png

May 2020
5cb58f1803c41c134181b722d3b90fe1.png

Antonio José

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
e91e395906c0d54beb8787feab42ab3e.png

April 2017
7e02ae4956c16cdc92bda0cdeea43dac.png

April 2018
af27a280e772dee51e10e120f9ceb3f3.png

April 2019
e1b3243a43c85d280af3aa71cb8e58fa.png

May 2020
351814516cf46561eaf24158e1fe9f6a.png

Iago De la Cruz

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
0a79da6ef023ddb7cc56d0d5ebba3079.png

April 2017
0babdffc59c18e9cdb2b21da65af9cda.png

April 2018
5559fdac8f98ac491b909fcd14a797b1.png

April 2019
4a58b2386403ab1ab44d2bafdce4dad4.png

May 2020
c4d9a260d0282f65cf25001ad5b5c31b.png

Pablo Sáez

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
4c6673aab704571f77e3aed5f09cbd37.png

April 2017
4ccee133f0fa67719fe0f2f02d2a77f1.png

April 2018
a9ff0ab68265579127cb08d78f9d5e63.png

April 2019
0637b3f164c8c9bfb83e24aeb4338d75.png

May 2020
4c180e226cf98eefe40a9afc5361bfe4.png

Javier Calvo

Reveal hidden contents

November 2016
b94869bd88705a936973ed19a881aea9.png

April 2017
11fb5dc0b0810e14f0f9c7b4d39e7800.png

April 2018
74d2f05cd74067c65fbcf3f2dba82631.png

April 2019
cb222cb146c77d2c641e94dfc3929ccb.png

May 2020
8d01b580b70824f9414fe563301c29a1.png

Second batch of regens 2017

Reveal hidden contents

Factors 

Reveal hidden contents

HoYD

Reveal hidden contents

18e20fcff9ad9532ddeb601e090aed1e.png

Facilities

Reveal hidden contents

9b4b60e01fd92d8b4ac3b9edafe5aee5.png

Club Reputation

Reveal hidden contents

4858e89b844d45ed190680d14672658a.png

Last League Position

Reveal hidden contents

50593a33069cf85d1994081a90e08261.png

Reveal hidden contents

None.

Gabriel

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
f6bedbb05bdf76e11c53c9ad2444818f.png

April 2018
3503921382ad864ce71b4a63f4b623d0.png

April 2019
44ac8c1a0e186a4fb6da2ce7ced3ba42.png

May 2020
6f8f3ab53fa3add0853e0b7aa97cb148.png

Saúl Álvarez

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
f1d146d5f58afd3d9945aece22d9b386.png

April 2018
a8cfd36ada0390734acf8837762ed85e.png

April 20194fcaa50def155a25b82d3b6efec59905.png

May 2020
66596580b528762bab0cad7fe5c867cb.png

Jonathan Sánchez

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
d3b517eeda367c4a9c38031c4123127a.png

April 2018
73d1b824ebee29ce46091326389f29a3.png

April 2019
0eda90acb9de026d86608b42c2d9f834.png

May 2020
f487f61eea1974d84be286226a7cc438.png

Dani Conde

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
45162ff34aee05ce14c6ed778a09e737.png

April 2018
55d828412b02bcabe847b213ac7f0211.png

April 2019
c3b49cc0dbe4ec667e431470bdb06294.png

May 2020
a97194846a7fad6ac87b75af1f4fbffd.png

Sergio

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
7cb48cf248aab3a2cc154559e33aeaad.png

April 2018
522a8a8c22737772dc4f36f76b16c7c6.png

April 2019
cad5e2a3f327cd41112337611e9d417a.png

May 2020
139824c6222e6dddbf858d7540b1808b.png

Mario

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
58ee10f10c717d7944a5132409ca43e9.png

April 2018
c601e03463147d4fc441f76024068b2e.png

Ignacio Gómez

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
0edb3e828c8204170a35d211e37c9523.png

April 2018
59cad8f49930781677c6a766eb9edfde.png

April 2019
edf595a10c364a683dd936479c6e5089.png

May 2020
4964939c05637cbb97b6e3ce197c2c45.png

Souleymane Dao

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
526881da2b599bd5658701883038774d.png

April 2018
85f36a9ec88bf0e7fff038f9ce62f198.png

April 2019
be8a19118d9d340ebfe72952f966eee3.png

May 2020
5850ff35f685d45ef1a3910a80d37fec.png

Xurxo Bouza

Reveal hidden contents

April 2017
64da462eed7b1684077120676cae68df.png

April 2018
f445d9cd89286f68430ad1905be5a019.png

April 2019
38be2a2f76e55a3a5b8eb9f311a2b69a.png

May 2020
b1b94722ece8f5ef662f2e25a8017267.png

Reveal hidden contents

Third batch of regens 2018

Reveal hidden contents

Factors

Reveal hidden contents

HoYD

Reveal hidden contents

649e85bc6d23fa01a47de6910da8d556.png

Facilities

Reveal hidden contents

83fa0f4d8ab2e0612c5b8523bf946ced.png

Club Reputation

Reveal hidden contents

Equivalent to 2017 4858e89b844d45ed190680d14672658a.png

Last League Position

Reveal hidden contents

e7e1a71ca1b2b4c33d0da5f318fa49de.png

Reveal hidden contents

Champions League Group Stage: 3rd Place, Europa League Second Knockout Round.

José Ignacio

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018
9b5638555fd9298e558fb4b83cdcba65.png

April 2019
58cc7badff89f02f4c1c580d6aeb496e.png

May 2020
81521a73e33e98466024c9353231c89c.png

Juan Francisco Acevedo

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018
494653fc46a1593903a4c35610da2333.png

April 2019
486e12e18b4d439435d2125eac23d629.png

May 2020
21d073bc4aaa0e7c716aeb10619e9437.png

José Luis

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018
6461ffb1504d0de42805a3caa010c124.png

April 2019
3b599b71e949d3926b3d893e4c980a53.png

May 2020
c8e606b4c46653cbbfceecc6097d1bf3.png

Rogello

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018
659245f2f08e4338772401fae12fc1c4.png

April 2019
32eac12d0e2bbb7ec47b883a309c0c86.png

May 2020
3ff2243a0fb80b321c6ad7756dd5d165.png  

Adrían

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018 d8634f21bcd94096e141c328ec95ba34.png

April 2019
fe1f501c1e117c80aeaa7c17c02c8022.png

May 2020
ced1ebd5c269a28960df78eba1e82d92.png

José Luis Huertas

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018
9d17fdee7ffa5ff3ea6ead7da834142c.png

April 2019
cc6ded89e8edd8fec971d6078fe80864.png

May 2020
97bd8d030b0aaec10a912613aa5635a5.png

Pablo Muñiz

Reveal hidden contents

April 2018
61a5b3fe77c54ca55a6dca90eeee4346.png

April 2019
c702d36155f6ac423ddf42ab69c61075.png

May 2020
803b4ebd4f642e84b507560c8ac9d94f.png

Fourth Batch of Regens 2019

Reveal hidden contents

Factors

Reveal hidden contents

HoYD

Reveal hidden contents

77c0f9f87b8437a009c6ac5f5ace41a4.png

Facilities

Reveal hidden contents

f47084ff85cefbcdd78a665beda90884.png

Club Reputation

Reveal hidden contents

Equivalent to 2018
b214cb8cee2ab159b69deb4fd809250f.png

Last League Position

Reveal hidden contents

e810c658cd57f18391b3ecc343898364.png

Reveal hidden contents

None. 

Hugo Méndez

Reveal hidden contents

April 2019
547c2c77b8e99c5bad5ab6450d4e120b.png

May 2020
13e3f35f0e2777be9dc4c0cc80ef7831.png

Francisco

Reveal hidden contents

April 2019
49e2a7dc337135d79db3d14e5e8c98eb.png

May 2020
a42f39366bce4284fc00ae66637f8a32.png

Tomás Aquilué

Reveal hidden contents

April 2019
3dcc44debce650a155a1f8774cd9ed9d.png

May 2020
7c34d526854e0d8e8a30baed6b499548.png

Pablo Silveira

Reveal hidden contents

April 2019
a7c6de9650799ecaf05fdc94cfca4e6a.png

May 2020
c8b0512b059c97d53af2ccd5a47652ac.png   

Fifth Batch of Regens 2020

Reveal hidden contents

Factors

Reveal hidden contents

HoYD

Reveal hidden contents

6f7ecd5e34071106fd52bfd9bca1b63d.png

Facilities

Reveal hidden contents

fd03c218df8a95b5c050fcec36453a3f.png

Club Reputation

Reveal hidden contents

Increased by half a star since 2019
9c54d37ca3e2b315c773c9bd08783f91.png

Last League Position

Reveal hidden contents

e23b76042fab7a688e226687a16ed85b.png

Reveal hidden contents

None. 

Adama Sylla

Reveal hidden contents

May 2020
fbf7a775ceb7228870cc9e0893da6376.png

Luis Fernández

Reveal hidden contents

May 2020
ff73e019bf14f440706b9d0222ec88fe.png

Hugo Paz

Reveal hidden contents

May 2020
80bc5e8c9a2039b7de53f6117a25e3c7.png

Dani Olmos

Reveal hidden contents

May 2020
1f188999b83a05915f8a526002f08e68.png

Lee Forster

Reveal hidden contents

May 2020
5754c26db07a748d95f11ebbac41115e.png     

c7307db1386a1620516228a8de3699b5.png

Our road to the final has been drawn up! 

Anderlect should be possible to defeat, but we tend to struggle against the smaller teams and beat the big teams I find. 

fc37505b6adf9ec84cf53b8a4048350b.png

Their squad doesn't look to threatening and considering how many talented Belgians we see irl I'm surprised that Anderlect only have 2 Belgians in the entire first team squad - and one of them is a 32 year old Steven Defour who is retiring. 

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Birch, Lamelas, Romero and especially Sonora look like they could well outdo their current predicted potential

Completely agree. Sonora is really a treat to get although he is no David Alonso. :D

Also thanks for the comment, mate! 

e262f0ab9bc92cef5c6c49351ba389a0.png

Our wonderkid, Ignacio has already broken through to the NT-first team!

92f3a949e95ba16b527283975cbc0621.png

He is really coming along nicely. His composure and Technique are slowly rising even further due to focusing on it and his physical attributes just keeps on rising. Massive player. 

df86b35f19d8ef48a555bc4b5f01fdc6.png

This trio is also returning and immediately Rufino is thrown into the NT's games. And is MOM.

db06a97142929844854521f8e4a79792.png

All in all we had Vallejo, Rufino, Ignacio, Asensio and future Celta player Mateo González with the Spanish NT. Not bad.  

Edit:

9bc3031637decbea239663350a530e20.png

It was also Asensio's first NT-cap of course.

Early April Update

We haven't lost in what seems like ages.

776d498c542baa0915e591dccffe3ecc.png

And it shows on the League table.

34e9c34236004ea757d0c3a348ddc464.png

I'm starting to believe it! We might be able to pull it off. Despite our holding midfielder being 17 year old Luis Fernandez as I sold about 3 holding midfielders in the same window. What these guys are doing is incredible. Ignacio just keeps on performing as well.

d5f8c6aa0e856d6c09fc2e60f8f16bc6.png

We are also almost completely out of injuries as we head into the closing stages of the season. 

c8004addb04fc727a1b3755912edf69f.png 

This looks as a fairly reasonable set of fixtures. I don't understand why the colors on the skin keeps changing from blue to red and red to blue, however. Confusing. (I mean the color for euro cup games. Sometimes it is blue as seen above, sometimes it's red as seen last time i posted about fixtures)

074b5ac21e17ab530c07f3731b23de56.png

Honestly I got no clue why the kid is apparently the leading contender. He's been above average but not by a lot. 

7dddc736de5f2c5aed2ff11d57d5df57.png

He is coming along nicely though but he needs to improve his heading. I am sick and tired of watching him head any cross either at the crossbar or wide of the post. His mental game is getting strong and he is strong in general too so I like him still. If his technique rises a bit he can be fierce as well with his finishing and first touch.

a68946a1799bc35e95b54adc23904bfb.png

Pablo isn't necessarily better but he is a different type who fits our game in other fixtures. When we dominate possesion and use wide players and cross a lot to open space I like Bouza, but Silveira is more dangerous when we have some open space to chase from the start.

b5e5adf04c69ca0af165801a6ff12bba.png 

Ignacio is the quick and enduring striker who is a good technician but lacks some coolness. Therefore I prefer the other two guys as striker for most games and having seen the succes Ignacio has on the flanks I see no reason to permanently move him central again. Even when he doesn't assist or score he gets a 9.0 rating. 

All three also from our own academy! 

Later (or tomorrow) I might talk about some of our midfielder talents and our defensive players and my future plans for most of our academy players. 

549adb2e4ddd7faf461ad003eea9b81a.png

Ignacio and Rufino also in the mix for Player of the Year.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

That's some academy production!

Gotta love the big man, despite his dribbling he's quite technically gifted.

Yes it's been quite good - especially producing lots of talented strikers - a bit too many for a one-stiker formation to be honest. :D

He really is gifted, yes. He just needs to consistently score but I am really considering having a two-striker formation as a backup as both he and Silveira performed better personally when they were playing off each other. Problem what the rest of the team struggled. Maybe I can find some golden middleway. 

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Some kind of trident of those three has got to be the base of a monster setup.

I agree, I just need to find the right combination and formation.

If we didn't have good wingers as the likes of Rufino and Ibaibarr I'd probably gone with a narrow diamond with 2 strikers. Maybe Rufino and Ibaibarr could actually fit somewhere in the diamond.  

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Jesus what the hell happened there?!

All that really was different was that all 3 of Vallejo, Rufino and Ibaibarr were injured for the last 2 games but that is no excuse. I tried nothing new concerning tactics and didn't expect this to happen.

158df0f37713c49e6bbf77a03d463686.png

If we lost a third in a row now it'll really be a sad way to celebrate my 300th game. 

10 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

All that really was different was that all 3 of Vallejo, Rufino and Ibaibarr were injured for the last 2 games but that is no excuse. I tried nothing new concerning tactics and didn't expect this to happen.

158df0f37713c49e6bbf77a03d463686.png

If we lost a third in a row now it'll really be a sad way to celebrate my 300th game. 

ccdd65fefec0b874411cfc6d6b0614ec.png

We have hit the biggest slump of the season, at the worst time possible.

5 games left. Valencia are 5p ahead of us, we are likewise 5p ahead of Barcelona sitting in third. We'll see what we can do with the last 3 games..

Archived