[FM2017][RELEASED] Scotland - Real and Fantasy Pyramids

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, mjk46 said:

This looks awesome. Are there any clubs from the Shetland Islands or Orkney in the fantasy pyramid??? 

Indeed there are! The bottom rung of the North region includes both Orkney FC and Shetland :onmehead:

On 11/10/2016 at 09:58, Morrissey said:

Buckie Thistle continue to go great guns thus far in the Highland League - highlights here of a comprehensive 5-0 win over challengers Brora Rangers.

There's some great highlight videos on this site, it's almost convinced me to start my first save with this file. I don't know much about the Scottish lower leagues though, where do you guys suggest I head to learn about them? Or who do you think would be a good challenge?

I went to Linlithgow once (not that I saw the ground) but can't think of anywhere else I've been that might have a team, outside of Edinburgh or Glasgow of course. I've been to Ayr, Kirkcaldy, Dumfries, Irvine and Aberdeen. I did once see Clyde v Clydebank so one of those might be fun reviving?

Sorry to be another "what do I do ...." but always best to pick the brains of those who really know the area

2 hours ago, mavericktangoII said:

There's some great highlight videos on this site, it's almost convinced me to start my first save with this file. I don't know much about the Scottish lower leagues though, where do you guys suggest I head to learn about them? Or who do you think would be a good challenge?

I went to Linlithgow once (not that I saw the ground) but can't think of anywhere else I've been that might have a team, outside of Edinburgh or Glasgow of course. I've been to Ayr, Kirkcaldy, Dumfries, Irvine and Aberdeen. I did once see Clyde v Clydebank so one of those might be fun reviving?

Sorry to be another "what do I do ...." but always best to pick the brains of those who really know the area

There are some surprisingly good quality highlights from the Highland & Lowland Leagues kicking around - be sure to check out East Stirlingshire, Spartans and East Kilbride on YouTube for more.

Funnily enough, Clydebank will be a great challenge. The original club was a SPFL stalwart until the death of Airdrieonians; sadly for Bankies fans, their club was purchased by an Airdrie consortium and essentially remade into the old Airdrie club. They have since restarted from the bottom of the Junior pyramid, and are currently making progress towards being league eligible once more. No doubt they'd like to face Airdrie again...

I'll do a list of possible challenges when the files come out too :thup:

16 hours ago, Morrissey said:

There are some surprisingly good quality highlights from the Highland & Lowland Leagues kicking around - be sure to check out East Stirlingshire, Spartans and East Kilbride on YouTube for more.

Funnily enough, Clydebank will be a great challenge. The original club was a SPFL stalwart until the death of Airdrieonians; sadly for Bankies fans, their club was purchased by an Airdrie consortium and essentially remade into the old Airdrie club. They have since restarted from the bottom of the Junior pyramid, and are currently making progress towards being league eligible once more. No doubt they'd like to face Airdrie again...

I'll do a list of possible challenges when the files come out too :thup:

I mind going to a bankies game at one point they had the deadly duo of Ken Eadie and James Grady up front...then of course there was Davie Cooper RIP..

This not sorted for FM17 yet (just joking) cannot wait for this, looking forward to try my hand with Port Glasgow, my first ever LLM save.... I have no doubt I will throw my toys out the pram as I'm used to managing larger clubs but everyone has to start somewhere.

Is it bad that I'm on here at work, thinking about what I'll be doing in the editor tonight? :lol:

Aiming to have the first test file out by the end of the weekend. Once I've got the structures and such sorted in both files, I'll then work on adding as much further information as possible (stadiums, managers, squads etc).

As an avid reader of 90s Scottish football fanzine, 'The Absolute Game', I'm excited at the challenge of managing Luncarty as they were a perennially awful team during that period and used to go full seasons without winning a game. They became quite famous for it by the writers of the 'zine, To take them to European glory would be the best thing ever!

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

As an avid reader of 90s Scottish football fanzine, 'The Absolute Game', I'm excited at the challenge of managing Luncarty as they were a perennially awful team during that period and used to go full seasons without winning a game. They became quite famous for it by the writers of the 'zine, To take them to European glory would be the best thing ever!

Really, a Fort William of yore!

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'll need to look that up - sounds right up my street!

Good news - looks like I've got the real pyramid structure sorted with main cups included. Will test a bit myself tonight, and upload a beta tomorrow all being well!

The file has also corrected all the leagues (junior, north caledonian) to include their teams this season. Useful starting DB for anyone fancying a play around in the editor themselves.

I'd wait a while for a proper save @Wavelberry, not entirely sure the promotion playoff is fully working as yet (not been able to get every possibility while testing), and I'm yet to add the managers/players into the Highland/Lowland levels. Worth a play around though!

Hmm, end of season weirdness.

While we finished the SOS season in 8th, the winners were Edusport.

Winners of EOS: Leith

Last in Lowland League: Preston.

So the first play-off is Leith v Preston over 2 legs; AFTER that is Leith v Edusport.

Somehow the schedule is 100% sure Leith v Edusport will go ahead even before Leith have met (and beat) Preston!

11 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I'd wait a while for a proper save @Wavelberry, not entirely sure the promotion playoff is fully working as yet (not been able to get every possibility while testing), and I'm yet to add the managers/players into the Highland/Lowland levels. Worth a play around though!

Yeah I'm definitely going to wait till it looks good as want to rectify the mess I made of it last year. Have gone back to MGSV and Alien Isolation while I wait...

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Hmm, end of season weirdness.

While we finished the SOS season in 8th, the winners were Edusport.

Winners of EOS: Leith

Last in Lowland League: Preston.

So the first play-off is Leith v Preston over 2 legs; AFTER that is Leith v Edusport.

Somehow the schedule is 100% sure Leith v Edusport will go ahead even before Leith have met (and beat) Preston!

Brilliant - that's the game's standard playoff settings too! I'll rectify haha.

Got the perfect test season - promotions in both the Eos-Sos and Highland-Lowland leagues. It all works! :cool:

The only slight issue is around the Lowland League Cup making scheduling a bit off. I'll look into the nuts and bolts of it and iron it out. The main thing however - if you want to start a long-term save, click "add players to playable teams" and you can get going.

**side note - been messaged by BSC Glasgow tonight offering help re squads etc, so optimistic I'll be able to add some real detail to the Lowland over the next few weeks.

Ran two seasons test with the first file, everything seems ok with it. Bora won the league both years but lost the promotion playoff both times to East Stirlingshire who in turn lost the promotion/relegation match to Clyde and then Edinburgh City, Clyde won the Ladbrookes Lge 2 relegation game on pens in 16/17 and went on to go up as Champions of L2 in 17/18 :applause:

I had my holiday manager manage Dumfries and despite finishing 3rd and 4th in the SOS lge and only using 'gray' players they were £40K in the red in June 2018. Mind you their only income in May was fund raising that wasn't very successful lol as they banked just £2 which didn't help much with their £1.400 expenditure !

Now to do the same with the second version of the file :onmehead:

I love managing small Scottish teams, so I was very glad to see this file ready to upload! 

I'm not sure where I'll begin.  I had fun managing Strathspey Thistle on FM13, so that's a possibility.  I also might give Vale of Leithen a go.

Then, when the fantasy pyramid is ready, I might be off to the Islands.  Any way I decide to go, I think I'll have a good time.

Thanks for your work, Morrissey.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Got the perfect test season - promotions in both the Eos-Sos and Highland-Lowland leagues. It all works! :cool:

The only slight issue is around the Lowland League Cup making scheduling a bit off. I'll look into the nuts and bolts of it and iron it out. The main thing however - if you want to start a long-term save, click "add players to playable teams" and you can get going.

**side note - been messaged by BSC Glasgow tonight offering help re squads etc, so optimistic I'll be able to add some real detail to the Lowland over the next few weeks.

The WIck squad was actually Wickish last year. Is it so again or do I need to wait? I'm so excited I might squee tbh...

Okay dokey. Thanks for all your work on this @Morrissey btw. Loved this last year. If all is sorted I might go again.

Just as an aside last year it was quite random as far as the cups I was put in.  I started the game and was in the Aberdeenshire cup but then I won it and never played in it again. Also I started outwith the North of Scotland cup but then was in it and then won it and never played in it again.

Thanks for your good work. Looks amazing so far.

I have just an issue with the schedule in the Highland League. Sometimes I get four home matches in a row than three away matches and so on. I am not from Scotland but this can't be right?

Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated! I'll be adding managers, correcting stadium info and adjusting attendances amongst other things tonight. Will likely upload the latest file after doing this.

@Wavelberry - the editor seems to have done this in FM17. Basically, I've been unable to put set teams in each due to promotion/relegations, so the 9 most easterly should go into the Aberdeenshire and the 9 most westerly into the North of Scotland (as teams tend to go into one or the other, not always both).

@Doc Gonzo, not sure the reasoning for this in all honesty! I'll have a look while adding detail tonight. It's not unheard of in Scotland though - especially with Cove ground-sharing at multiple locations while awaiting their new community stadium being built. Clubs with artificial pitches (IRL) tend to get more home games scheduled at the turn of the year.

All teams in the Highland and the Lowland League are affected. It starts right from the beginning and in the second half of the season it gets a bit better.

I just started a new test savegame and ticked the "Do not use Real fixtures" option. Maybe that does the trick.

Edit: No, it doesn't. I have still the same messed up schedule.

Hmm...looks like I'll need to add the real fixtures then @Doc Gonzo! I'll see what I can do tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

If I were you I'd wait for tonight's file @Wavelberry. Likely the last update for a few weeks (assuming no issues), I'll be concentrating on padding it out with squads and such, as well as getting a beta fantasy pyramid file done.

3 minutes ago, Doc Gonzo said:

@Morrissey

Maybe I found something. Under League Settings -> Fixture Order order you activated "slightly random" instead of "straigth". But as I said I'm a noob with the editor.

Now that sounds promising! Turns out "slightly" might be better described as "totally"...

I'll change and test when I'm home. Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Doc Gonzo said:

@Morrissey

Maybe I found something. Under League Settings -> Fixture Order order you activated "slightly random" instead of "straigth". But as I said I'm a noob with the editor.

Hmm.. I thought that only affects it so that you play Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, Team 4, and then in the second half Team 1, Team 4, Team 2, Team 3, for example.

...and so the work begins on the fantasy pyramid!

Believe it or not, might be able to fire out a first test file today/tomorrow for this. Already got the kits made up for the new Lowland League teams...here's a few for a flavour; Clydebank, Edusport, Linlithgow Rose and St Cuthberts.

clydebank_h.pngedusport_a.pnglinlithgow_h.pngstcuthberts_h.png

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

...and so the work begins on the fantasy pyramid!

Believe it or not, might be able to fire out a first test file today/tomorrow for this. Already got the kits made up for the new Lowland League teams...here's a few for a flavour; Clydebank, Edusport, Linlithgow Rose and St Cuthberts.

clydebank_h.pngedusport_a.pnglinlithgow_h.pngstcuthberts_h.png

Those kits look great yet again!

Archived