[FM2017][RELEASED] Scotland - Real and Fantasy Pyramids

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, goblinshark said:

Hey Morrissey, I downloaded the Fantasy DB about 6 hours back. Is there any changes with your most recent post.

Just the real managers added to the other levels of the Juniors mate. Nothing major!

2 hours ago, erikeagles said:

Hey Morrissey

First great work

But where must I put the logo megapack and the kitpack ?

My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2017>graphics>logos for the logopack, and replace "logos" with "kits" for the kitpack. If these two folders don't exist inside "graphics", just create them as blank folders and post inside. :onmehead:

35 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

My Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2017>graphics>logos for the logopack, and replace "logos" with "kits" for the kitpack. If these two folders don't exist inside "graphics", just create them as blank folders and post inside. :onmehead:

yes I have don that ...but nothing chance

26 minutes ago, erikeagles said:

yes I have don that ...but nothing chance

I had to take them out of the enclosing folders.  Then in game, go to the FM drop down menu, preferences, interface, clear the cache and then press Shift R to reload the skin.  It should work then!

16 hours ago, mjaferrie said:

I had to take them out of the enclosing folders.  Then in game, go to the FM drop down menu, preferences, interface, clear the cache and then press Shift R to reload the skin.  It should work then!

yes I have put them in the right folder, and I opened them...sorry my English is not so good.

On 03/12/2016 at 14:53, Morrissey said:

Thanks bud.

Heads up to anyone making their own DBs - I've finally cracked this one. Basically, you need to use the "fixture dates" under the league in advanced rules rather than manually selecting them (as the editor defaults to). Basically, look at the already created league structures and mirror them, as often there are 2 possible fixture dates for one game.

I'll reupload the final file on this one when my internet returns. Apologies to anyone that has had a save spoiled by this issue!

Hi there,

This is an issue I also have in my Maltese league file. Would you be so kind as to tell me what section you edited to fix this? So that I can copy and experiment along your same lines. Thanks in advance :thup:

1 hour ago, Mons said:

Hi there,

This is an issue I also have in my Maltese league file. Would you be so kind as to tell me what section you edited to fix this? So that I can copy and experiment along your same lines. Thanks in advance :thup:

I'll message you after the Crimbo period to see if I can help bud? 

5 hours ago, Morrissey said:

I'll message you after the Crimbo period to see if I can help bud? 

I'd appreciate it very much if you could do so. I'm reasonably fluent with the editor, so hopefully I won't take up too much of your time. Happy festivities!

8 hours ago, JordanMcGonigal said:

Is there any chance of the junior leagues being added into this? I really want to have a shot as my local team (Beith) :) Or is it wishful thinking?

Got all the junior teams included in the fantasy DB mate! Have a read of the 2nd post in this thread.

For the "real" pyramid, not this year as I'm enjoying having a chance to actually play the game now rather than editing :lol: the aim next year is to include the junior system below the setup, but it'll take bloody ages haha.

22 hours ago, Dr. Hook said:

@Morrissey Does the real pyramid file have ground grading in it this version?

It doesn't, no - from the SFA rules document I read, all that is required to step up to the SPFL is a safety certificate, toilet/standard facilities at an acceptable level and floodlights. Generally all Highland & Lowland teams tick these boxes already!

If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll make any necessary changes.

23 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

It doesn't, no - from the SFA rules document I read, all that is required to step up to the SPFL is a safety certificate, toilet/standard facilities at an acceptable level and floodlights. Generally all Highland & Lowland teams tick these boxes already!

If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll make any necessary changes.

Not at all- I wasn't sure; I thoughtmaybe there was at one time something required for the SPL- 6000 all-seater? SI never put those in, but just wondered if you had ;) 

1 hour ago, Dr. Hook said:

Not at all- I wasn't sure; I thoughtmaybe there was at one time something required for the SPL- 6000 all-seater? SI never put those in, but just wondered if you had ;) 

Ah, gotcha!

I just checked all the rules etc, and it turns out the 6000 seater SPL rule is now a guideline, so can be conveniently forgotten about in practice!

For the SPFL (ie Highland/Lowland up to League 2), the only additional condition I missed was covered terracing/seats for at least 100 people. Really low standards...

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Ah, gotcha!

I just checked all the rules etc, and it turns out the 6000 seater SPL rule is now a guideline, so can be conveniently forgotten about in practice!

For the SPFL (ie Highland/Lowland up to League 2), the only additional condition I missed was covered terracing/seats for at least 100 people. Really low standards...

Awesome, thanks for looking into it- love the update, in my 6th season with it. You rock for doing the work and getting it out :D

On 1/5/2017 at 21:38, Morrissey said:

Got all the junior teams included in the fantasy DB mate! Have a read of the 2nd post in this thread.

For the "real" pyramid, not this year as I'm enjoying having a chance to actually play the game now rather than editing :lol: the aim next year is to include the junior system below the setup, but it'll take bloody ages haha.

If you manage that you'd be a legend :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2017 at 13:52, McKenzieCoach17 said:

I can't seem to get this started, downloaded via steam. When I start a new game I don't get the option of starting as one of the new teams? have I missed something? 

Have you ticked the DB (top right drop down box) before the country selection screen?

• 3 months later...

Noticed a small issue only now despite nearly always playing the real database since it was released. The competition awards like team of the weak player of the month etc. Their names don't have the league title in them in the lower leagues small cosmetic issue but thought you should know so you can fix it either in FM 2018 or on this one if you fancy doing it.

On 03/02/2017 at 16:21, steff91 said:

Hello guys

Im trying to access the fantasy DB file for this on the steam workshop but im havin issues getting it in-game,can anyone advise how to get this up and running?

Thanks.

Long delay on getting a reply from anyone I know but...

IF it's not showing it means it's not in the editor data folder and steam hasn't moved the file from it's internal download folder.

Go to: Program Files > Steam > steamapps > workshop > downloads > in here you'll see loads of individual folders inside them are the downloaded workshop mods you'll have to individually cut and paste these into your editor data folder in my documents. After you do this they'll then appear in the game to select for using.

Happened to me the other day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First up - apologies steff91, haven't been back in this thread for a long time!

On 10/05/2017 at 13:06, dburnsdundeemad said:

Noticed a small issue only now despite nearly always playing the real database since it was released. The competition awards like team of the weak player of the month etc. Their names don't have the league title in them in the lower leagues small cosmetic issue but thought you should know so you can fix it either in FM 2018 or on this one if you fancy doing it.

I couldn't work out how to fix this at the time, will leave for now and concentrate on FM18 I think.

Decided for next season I'll only create one full DB, including the pyramid and the junior leagues below. Already started my research!

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

@Morrissey Do you think it's possible to get the Juniors running so that the league changes come into effect for the 18/19 season?

It certainly is!

I'm assuming you're alluding to the changes in the West & North? I'm already playing around with the FM17 editor, testing how to go about this. I reckon I *should* be able to bring it in...the main issue I'm having re the juniors is trying to get working releagtion playoffs in the specific regions, eg the North's between the Superleague and the 2 feeder divisions below (this will also be changing mind you so may just leave it for 2017/18 without a playoff).

EDIT: Actually, what I'll do is give this a go (just using 2016/17 into 2017/18 for changes) in the editor tonight and post up an example DB file assuming it works. Off to the BSC vs Kelty friendly this afternoon but free all night to test. :onmehead:

8 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

It certainly is!

I'm assuming you're alluding to the changes in the West & North? I'm already playing around with the FM17 editor, testing how to go about this. I reckon I *should* be able to bring it in...the main issue I'm having re the juniors is trying to get working releagtion playoffs in the specific regions, eg the North's between the Superleague and the 2 feeder divisions below (this will also be changing mind you so may just leave it for 2017/18 without a playoff).

EDIT: Actually, what I'll do is give this a go (just using 2016/17 into 2017/18 for changes) in the editor tonight and post up an example DB file assuming it works. Off to the BSC vs Kelty friendly this afternoon but free all night to test. :onmehead:

Nice one!  I didn't know about the changes in the North as well, haven't followed it since going to watch Golspie regularly about 13 years ago - and I was only 11 back then... haha!  What's going on up there?  The changes in the West look interesting though, it would be great to have the 'normal' version for one season and then the changes coming into effect and the end of the first season.

I just saw your post about the playoffs in the Advanced Editor thread.  I'm sure it's possible.  One way I've got around it is by not having them on the same 'level', but that makes it really annoying if you get a team promoted from the North SL to the Highland league and it looks like you've jumped about 10 levels because all the of East and West leagues are in there.  Having them on the same level is the better option, but that brings up other problems...

Just now, mjaferrie said:

Nice one!  I didn't know about the changes in the North as well, haven't followed it since going to watch Golspie regularly about 13 years ago - and I was only 11 back then... haha!  What's going on up there?  The changes in the West look interesting though, it would be great to have the 'normal' version for one season and then the changes coming into effect and the end of the first season.

I just saw your post about the playoffs in the Advanced Editor thread.  I'm sure it's possible.  One way I've got around it is by not having them on the same 'level', but that makes it really annoying if you get a team promoted from the North SL to the Highland league and it looks like you've jumped about 10 levels because all the of East and West leagues are in there.  Having them on the same level is the better option, but that brings up other problems...

Ironically I think the new setups might solve my issue! The north, similar to the west, is reverting to a Premier > First Division > Second Division (whole of region leagues) from 2018. I think my main issue with the playoffs was the fact that it was over 2 separate leagues below, so hoping it'll clear things up.

Just now, Morrissey said:

Ironically I think the new setups might solve my issue! The north, similar to the west, is reverting to a Premier > First Division > Second Division (whole of region leagues) from 2018. I think my main issue with the playoffs was the fact that it was over 2 separate leagues below, so hoping it'll clear things up.

Have you found somewhere online to read about that?  I'm googling now and can't find anything in the North Region website either...  Do you know how the promotion and relegation will work going into the 2018 season? 

1 minute ago, mjaferrie said:

Have you found somewhere online to read about that?  I'm googling now and can't find anything in the North Region website either...  Do you know how the promotion and relegation will work going into the 2018 season? 

http://www.northregionjfa.co.uk/fochabers-bow-out-as-leagues-set-up-set-for-revamp-36714

Bottom of this article. As usual with the North, minimal info, so have e-mailed a couple of clubs directly to get more info.

Re my editor experimentation - I'm hitting an issue when switching the North region from West/East to 1st and 2nd Divisions as it involves moving sides between the levels. Will continue to test and play around with it to see if I can get it working.

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Re my editor experimentation - I'm hitting an issue when switching the North region from West/East to 1st and 2nd Divisions as it involves moving sides between the levels. Will continue to test and play around with it to see if I can get it working.

What are you thinking re: size of leagues?  If I'm remembering correctly, then when you take Fochabers out there should be 14 in the 'top flight', 9 in West and 11 in East?  Could have a 12, 12, 10 system in the second season with 2 auto relegated from the top flight.  No promotion to the Superleague at the end of the first season, but bottom 5 in E/W are relegated to Division 2 with the others 'promoted' to a new Division 1?  

Edit: Scratch that, you're right, the editor will have a heart attack.  How about setting it up so that in the first season the East/West leagues are groups, so that in effect it's all 20 teams in one league but that they're separated geographically?  Then there would be no promotion from it in the first season, 10 get relegated to Division 2 and the following season goes to a normal league?

On 16/07/2017 at 14:36, mjaferrie said:

What are you thinking re: size of leagues?  If I'm remembering correctly, then when you take Fochabers out there should be 14 in the 'top flight', 9 in West and 11 in East?  Could have a 12, 12, 10 system in the second season with 2 auto relegated from the top flight.  No promotion to the Superleague at the end of the first season, but bottom 5 in E/W are relegated to Division 2 with the others 'promoted' to a new Division 1?  

Edit: Scratch that, you're right, the editor will have a heart attack.  How about setting it up so that in the first season the East/West leagues are groups, so that in effect it's all 20 teams in one league but that they're separated geographically?  Then there would be no promotion from it in the first season, 10 get relegated to Division 2 and the following season goes to a normal league?

The issue I have is the change from the old system to the new system. Firstly, you need to set up the "new" divisions a year early with 0 teams, then try to remove the other ones. Then, the game freaks out when 10 teams leave Juniors level 2 to join a new league in level 3!

I'll continue to test. Might actually keep it simple and create a brand new file with just the junior leagues, then mess around that way.

• 3 weeks later...

@mjaferrie - got some good news for you! It turns out the editor cannot validate a file using relegation playoffs between tiers of several leagues, so I've (somehow, still not sure how) managed to manually validate a file with fully working playoffs in the junior system. Next step, league reconstruction a year in!

File attached if interested :onmehead:

Scotland 2017-18 Full Pyramid Update_FD95605F-15F5-4CFB-BB65-B763735B5C0D.fmf

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

@mjaferrie - got some good news for you! It turns out the editor cannot validate a file using relegation playoffs between tiers of several leagues, so I've (somehow, still not sure how) managed to manually validate a file with fully working playoffs in the junior system. Next step, league reconstruction a year in!

File attached if interested :onmehead:

Scotland 2017-18 Full Pyramid Update_FD95605F-15F5-4CFB-BB65-B763735B5C0D.fmf

Nice job! 

• 2 weeks later...

Ah man I wish I found this database earlier in the 17 series, I was just wondering if Tayport Juniors are in the database as a playable team?  If they aren't then its no big deal, it is my local team and would have been cool to have a save with them.

Archived