Newcastle United (let's dust off our passports)

This is my first post here, so I apologise for missing information.

If I have missed something then please message and I will see if I can provide it

First things first, I was aiming for a possession game that would create chances while trying to shore up the infamous frailties of the Toon's defence (or lack thereof)

we trained first 3 weeks of pre season high fitness, then team cohesion, then balanced for the season, with Match tactics as the match prep until it is fluid

Team instructions are below,

Player instructions are the pre sets, but added specific stay wider for IF's  and dribble more for anyone with high dribbling, shoot more for anyone with high long shots etc,

the tactic can be built from the template below not sure how to create, so I hope this works

For the set pieces a left footer for the left and a right for right ideally they should be out swingers

if you start to collect cards like it's a trading game uncheck the get stuck in or select stay on feet, the setting here is after coach advice for the match..

Though I believe the buck stops with the manager I personally feel it's a littlepointless at least not considering coach/assistant advice for a game

Now at home against a team I think we should beat we play Control or Attacking. Bigger teams Counter

Away against bigger teams Counter.. other teams Control/Counter

I vary Tempo, width and passing style dependent on opposition, if a team is dropping deep we play with a higher tempo shorter passing and dribble less to try to move them around

Anyhow.. take a look hope it works as well for others as it does for me..will update as my season unfolds

Newcastle United_  Opposition Instructions.png

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures.png

Newcastle United_  Overview.png

Newcastle United_  Team.png

Newcastle United_  Overview-2.png

Peter 4-2-3-1_1CB7B43E-D949-4470-A258-6CE6F81AA6D3.fmf

ATT Corner L_44D3403D-8EB5-4C70-B381-E31EE15FD519.fmf

ATT Corner R_6DEDE160-2179-4521-9B47-BEA2AD38636D.fmf

Def Corner L_8D688631-963E-4E76-866B-9E41BE5CFF76.fmf

Def Corner R_51F1A73B-9132-436C-9BE3-707F253A1912.fmf

Ayoze Pérez_ Overview Profile.png

Daryl Janmaat_ Overview Profile.png

Massadio Haïdara_ Overview Profile.png

Moussa Sissoko_ Overview Profile.png

Almost at the halfway stage of the league and the plan to bring European Football to Newcastle is looking good, after losing to Leicester on the opening day we are unbeaten in the league, sadly beaten on Pens by Man Utd in the Capital one cup and a new tactic for tough away games, we were being outworked by Norwich and were lucky to go in at half time 0-0.. a change to this tactic and some Subs and a 3-0 win for us was hard won

English Premier Division_ Overview Profile.png

Newcastle United_  Senior Fixtures.png

Peter 4-1-2-2-1_798B81BB-3687-4BED-8B46-256C2AB260D0.fmf

Slight tweak I am working on in the original tactics the DLP changed to an AP-S and the CF changed to a P if he is pacy recommended 16 or above. this looks to be working best with the BBM  AP-S and IF's using the try killer balls PPM, if they don't have it train it and the P working with likes to beat offside trap

ok so I have tweaked and fiddled through the season and I have settled on 2 very similar formations. The Trequarista is replaced with a DM-s Ionly adjust mentality between either Attacking, Control or Counter depending on strength of opposition.

The league table is based on the beginning post formations and these tweaked ones after 30 games. I think Newcastle even in the Title argument means we have done well and the tactic has worked thus far

Newcastle United_  Overview-3.png

Newcastle United_  Overview-2.png

Newcastle United_ Set Pieces Corners.png

Newcastle United_ Set Pieces Corners-2.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Profile.png

ATT Corner L_44D3403D-8EB5-4C70-B381-E31EE15FD519.fmf

ATT Corner R_6DEDE160-2179-4521-9B47-BEA2AD38636D.fmf

Def Corner L_8D688631-963E-4E76-866B-9E41BE5CFF76.fmf

Def Corner R_51F1A73B-9132-436C-9BE3-707F253A1912.fmf

Peter 4-1-2-2-1_92EA9FB8-D706-48AE-B1E2-D1C792CA49AF.fmf

Peter 4-2-3-1_DB085F0C-FC48-4CD8-A813-A3EA26C1D124.fmf

It's a definite Work in Progress, I change Tempo and playing width as the game develops, but overall it seems pretty solid,

Thanks again for testing it though. Against bigger teams I tend towards a counter mentality with the DM rather than the T, but it is a nice tactic with the ability to swap between the two as the same players are needed

Archived