Sports Interactive Community

"The save game could not be loaded" 

I recently starting using cloud saves after years of local saves since FM 2012 ... but trying to load a FM 2016 cloud save game on both PC and Mac today is proving unsuccessful. Is it corrupted for good or can I access the files to try to restore it? Is there any hope of getting it back? I have never backed up a local save because I was unaware of these risks. 

Spent a lot of hours in this game to keep my sanity whilst at uni, would be a shame to lose it!

Do you have any cloud backups? Do they load?

Try checking the following location (you'll need to turn on hidden files and folders to do so):

C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\cloud\games

Do you have any saves appearing here? 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you have any saves appearing here? 

The one save file I have is there (stupidly never created more than one save file). But still no luck loading it. Is there any chance of restoring it at all?

You can try as instructed here -  My save game no longer loads

However Windows OS's often sadly don't have backups on by default. You may be able to find a program online which can restore a previous version of the file, but there's not one I can directly recommend I'm afraid. 

Nope nothing there. Thanks for the response nevertheless but looks like this one's lost.

Just wish there was a warning in game to say there is a known issue with file corruption so maybe this could have been prevented!