2 players wont come to my Real Madrid

Heres the story, there are 2 fantastic 17 and 18 year old regens in Man Utd, i want to bring them to my Real Madrid, they both want to come and they are flattered when i declare interest in them publicly, one's agent even offers one to me because apparently he wants to join my club, and Man Utd accepts bids for both, but when it comes to contract negotiations, its all in red and they are suddenly not interested in joining my club. And its been like that for over a year now. What the hell is going on? Im playing Football Manager 2014

10 hours ago, Joso1000 said:

Heres the story, there are 2 fantastic 17 and 18 year old regens in Man Utd, i want to bring them to my Real Madrid, they both want to come and they are flattered when i declare interest in them publicly, one's agent even offers one to me because apparently he wants to join my club, and Man Utd accepts bids for both, but when it comes to contract negotiations, its all in red and they are suddenly not interested in joining my club. And its been like that for over a year now. What the hell is going on? Im playing Football Manager 2014

I think they're flattered because of the reputation of your club, but they don't want to stay because maybe of their loyalty attributes, idk.

14 hours ago, Joso1000 said:

Just because they're flattered doesn't mean that they'd want to leave Manchester United.

Think about it, if you're an 18 year old at Man Utd and Real Madrid publicly declare their interest in you it's going to make you feel great, one of the biggest clubs in the world wants to sign you, it's confirming that you're a very well regarded prospect and so of course you're going to be flattered by their interest.

However if you love playing for Man Utd and want to stay at the club then the fact that another club, even one the size of Real Madrid, are interested in you doesn't change the fact that you want to stay at Man Utd.

I had a situation with Atletico which was the other way round. I found a 17 year playing in Brazil who, according to my scout reports, had absolutely no interest in signing for me. I decided to bid anyway and it turned out he was 'very interested' after all

Now possibly it's because he just turned 18 in the few days of me making by bid and the offer being accepted but still seemed a bit strange. 

My case is extremelly weird, One day after i declare interest publicly in player the player himself says it would take a very good offer for him even to consider joining my club, and then following speculation that he might join my club, THE VERY NEXT DAY - LITERALY the next day he says "a chance to join Real Madrid does not come every day and it would be very hard to turn them down". Two completely opposite statements. And after Man Utd accepts the offer  i get "not interested in even starting contract negotiations" .  Here are the 2 mentioned regens.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I had a target, scout report said he was keen, bid accepted, player didn't want to enter talks because he didn't believe l could meet demands. There was an option to ask one of my current players to intervene, l clicked it, news item said the target had been persuaded and was waiting to see if I'd bid. Great. I bid. Again, he didn't want to enter talks because he doubted l could meet his demands. He didn't even allow me to speak any further. Again, the option to ask my player to intervene. Rinse, repeat to fade. 

Bah. FM16, eh?

Archived