Loan Advice

From what I've read around on these forums and other websites, the primary things you should be looking for when sending a player on loan are:

- The loaning clubs training facilities level

- The loaning managers "Working With Youngsters" ability (if loaned player is under 21)

- The loaning managers "Man Management" ability (if loaned player is over 21)

but I have found that these things are really not that important

What is much more important for player development is:

How many times will the player loaned player actually play?

A lot of the time when you loan a player, you'll get anywhere between 15-40 loan offers. Some clubs will be trash, some will be from non-loaded leagues, and you might get 1 or 2 clubs with great facilities offering a first-team regular option. A lot of the time, your players will not get a large number of games at these top clubs and it would be much better for their development if they played 40+ games for a club with worse facilities. I've seen a lot of examples where my player gets 10 loans from championship clubs with impressive facilities and one loan offer from a napoli or manchester united, but when you actually send them to a better club 4 months later you find they've played 6 games and been subbed in 5.

How many times will the player win at their loaned club?

Another major factor to player development is based on their player rating which is based on their in-match performance. The issue is even if a player puts in a good performance but is losing every match 5-0, his rating is going to be dragged down with the rest of his team. I've found sending a player to a club with a higher expected league position with worse facilities than one with better facilities but expected to be in the bottom half or quarter of their league helps them develop faster. 

Has anyone noticed these trends?

The most important thing for player development is playing time, preferably at better clubs with decent facilities.

However, whenever you loan out a player you completely lose control over that players' development.  Sure his attributes will increase, but the attributes that you may want developed won't be properly targeted.  Further, the player may not even play in the position or play the role you want him to develop.  For this reason I never loan out my brightest young prospects.

25 minutes ago, doucong said:

As I posted in feature request forum, I think for loan a player or signing a player, there should a clause that guarantee the minimum start-up for the season.

You can already do this.  When negotiating the deal with the loaning club, there is a clause about your player being a Key Player, First Team Regular, Back Up player and so on.  This is tantamount to a guarantee of playing time and if the loaning club don't stick to it you'll be able to speak to the club about the lack of playing time and even recall the player.

7 hours ago, herne79 said:

The most important thing for player development is playing time, preferably at better clubs with decent facilities.

However, whenever you loan out a player you completely lose control over that players' development.  Sure his attributes will increase, but the attributes that you may want developed won't be properly targeted.  Further, the player may not even play in the position or play the role you want him to develop.  For this reason I never loan out my brightest young prospects.

You can already do this.  When negotiating the deal with the loaning club, there is a clause about your player being a Key Player, First Team Regular, Back Up player and so on.  This is tantamount to a guarantee of playing time and if the loaning club don't stick to it you'll be able to speak to the club about the lack of playing time and even recall the player.

No I can not do this. I found it is very common when I loan a player being key player and only play 15 games include 8 subs in a season. Could you tell me precisely how many start-up should I expect for being a first time or rotation? And for having a minimum start up clause in loan negotiation, we will ask the club pay compensation for not meet the target, and they will try their best to at least meet that target. Recall a player is not what we want, even if we recall we still miss the transfer window. What I want is when there are many offers in front me, I can negotiate and choice one that will surely satisfy my expectation. Now I cannot.

Archived