National Teams unavailable for friendlies

Hi all,

I have this question regarding planning international friendlies. I often notice that countries I wish to play against are unable on certain international friendly dates despite not having planned any friendlies on that date. 

Generally most international friendly dates have two dates available for planning a match (often one during the weekend and one midweek). Countries who already have two opponents planned might be available if you force them to cancel their friendly, but there are also quite some countries who have no friendly planned and should be available to play against. However, when you want to invite them, they are unavailable to choose. Just to experiment I selected to become manager of one of those countries and trying to arrange a friendly on that date, I simply saw that date in grey without any possibility of planning anything on that date nor any explanation on why it is impossible to plan a friendly. Can anyone explain why certain countries cannot play on certain dates or how to make countries available for friendlies?

Thanks for the help!

PS.: I'm talking about actual international friendly dates. So no dates way out in the future that could be used for WC Qualifying matches in an upcoming group stage for example.

Creating friendlies at International level used to be a chore as you didn't have a clue which countries were available or not.

Its now much better with countries greyed out who are unavailable as to why I'm not 100%.

Maybe they have competition dates pencilled in but simply don't know who they are facing yet (Draw to be made or previous round to complete), maybe they simply aren't interested in playing on that date or playing your country.  I really don't know but I do know thats its now far easier to book friendlies than it used to be as virtually every offer you make is accepted.

They are literally unavailable. If you open the list of national teams to invite, the country I want to invite is greyed out, even though they don't have any games planned. When I'm their manager, the date I want to play on is not available to select even though we have no games planned on that date while there are about 100 international friendlies of all confederations going on that day.

Archived