Turning a club professional

I'm currently working on a Blyth save and I've just been promoted from Vanarama North into the National league.

I've noticed some of the top teams are full professional and some of the lower teams are not.

Do I have to ask the board to go fully pro? Do I need to get my finances to a certain level? Do the board just give everyone a full time contract when they are ready.

I think if I can get the club fully pro I will be able to attract better players which would be super!

On 25/08/2016 at 16:49, eriktous said:

What does it mean for a league to be semi-pro?

Means the players are only part time and in most cases the players and staff will have full time jobs on top of their football commitments, however, they may still receive financial compensation for playing for their clubs. 

Basically it's in between Amateur and professional status.

2 hours ago, StridentCorn90 said:

Means the players are only part time and in most cases the players and staff will have full time jobs on top of their football commitments, however, they may still receive financial compensation for playing for their clubs. 

Basically it's in between Amateur and professional status.

No, that's what it means for a club to be semi-pro. What I ment is what does it mean for a league to have the semi-pro designation? Is it an official status, or does it just get called that as a consequence of a lot of the clubs being semi-pro?

I would stay part time for another season and see how well you do. I have managed to get teams from the Conference North/South in to the Football League while still semi-pro. If you get into League Two the club will turn full time just after the season ends.

On 8/25/2016 at 03:40, profii said:

I'm currently working on a Blyth save and I've just been promoted from Vanarama North into the National league.

I've noticed some of the top teams are full professional and some of the lower teams are not.

Do I have to ask the board to go fully pro? Do I need to get my finances to a certain level? Do the board just give everyone a full time contract when they are ready.

I think if I can get the club fully pro I will be able to attract better players which would be super!

Typically it's a combination of reputation, finances, and je ne sais quoi. You can request and sometimes get it a little earlier if you meet the requirements, but otherwise the board will eventually do it itself.

Archived