Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

My wife stupidly let me trade in the desktop for a laptop, so I can play FM while watching TV - So I accordingly bought her a Kindle Fire for her to play games on. We barely talk anymore. Of course, we've been together 26 years, so it's not like there's anything to talk about anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, podunkboy said:

My wife stupidly let me trade in the desktop for a laptop, so I can play FM while watching TV - So I accordingly bought her a Kindle Fire for her to play games on. We barely talk anymore. Of course, we've been together 26 years, so it's not like there's anything to talk about anymore. 

Sounds like the perfect marriage :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 18:19, cpfcfm2009 said:

My wife left the house at midday...her parting words..."could you put the shed up" (been in the box in the garden for six weeks).  My response; "no worries, I'll do it now" putting on my DIY clobber as she prepared to leave.

Before her car had pulled out of the driveway...I was already at my PC, loading FM.

6 hours later my arse has not left the seat, the shed is still I the box!

Not sure what my excuse should be...

- They did not put instructions in the box

- Not enough nails

- too windy to put a shed up

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for all the concerned responses...the eagerly awaited update.

I went for a masterfully deployed "need to stain it first" and "i would have got some but you had the car".

Shed is now stained and built, I am still alive, and currently enjoying an FM-a-thon with a coffee courtesy of an appreciative wife.

Boom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before we got together, I told her that i play video games and she was cool with it, i ended up getting her into games and she even played one of the older FM's with me, however 2 kids later, she has her crafty things, a 3ds and facebook and after the kids go to bed, while she is doing one of them, i play then we settle down before bed and watch a movie or GOT's...on the weekends, she will fall asleep watching the movie and i go back to FM :lol:

Plus she buys FM for me every year now for my birthday :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you could tell her that you thought 'put the shed up' was an idiom, like 'park the bus'.

 

Anyway it is an idiom now. It means to risk divorce by playing too much FM.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2016 at 21:53, cpfcfm2009 said:

Many thanks for all the concerned responses...the eagerly awaited update.

I went for a masterfully deployed "need to stain it first" and "i would have got some but you had the car".

Shed is now stained and built, I am still alive, and currently enjoying an FM-a-thon with a coffee courtesy of an appreciative wife.

Boom.

Classic! Well played!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife doesn't have any issues in me playing FM, in fact she has had no issues with me ever since she left me 4yrs ago for playing FM too much. Having an accident which left me disabled changed my life and unable to work, so all my time went into playing FM. Everytime I felt low or felt depression kicking in I played FM which she hated as it began to takeover my life(Her words), I told her it was saving my life but she didn't understand. 4yrs later I'm still playing FM without any problems whatsoever as its still saving my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe in one instance FM was cited in a divorce case as unreasonable behavior due to the the time spent playing it. There is a thread somewhere with some funnies

1. Ask " do you have any jobs that needed doing?", If none carrying on with FM

2. Get her addicted to Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, big brother etc

3. Get her addicted to FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laptop, on the couch next to her works a treat.

Allocate 5% of brain to engaging in small talk relating to the inane garbage she's watching on TV (5% should be more than enough), that way she thinks you're interested in her, allocate remaining 95% of brain to FM.

Everyone wins :thup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, if you´re intelligent, get rid of your wife. There are a lot of women outside your house, but there´s only one Football Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Laptop, on the couch next to her works a treat.

Allocate 5% of brain to engaging in small talk relating to the inane garbage she's watching on TV (5% should be more than enough), that way she thinks you're interested in her, allocate remaining 95% of brain to FM.

Everyone wins :thup:

 

I am not sure I could get away with that, I'd play even more and the wife hate would go off the scale ?

6 hours ago, Forest said:

well, if you´re intelligent, get rid of your wife. There are a lot of women outside your house, but there´s only one Football Manager.

I thought about transfer listing her and signing in some new young talent but we have a long term contract so we must honour it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...