Sports Interactive Community
srparry92

Multiple Assistants & MLS Expansions

This may have been covered already, but a couple of things I've picked up while editing databases in FM16 (I'm one of those editor nerds!)

1) Clubs to have multiple assistant managers. I've found that a lot of coaches are co-assistants, rather than First-Team Coaches. I know there is a capacity at some clubs to have more than one, but is it possible to have some more flexibility and realism in how many assistants each club has?

- On a side note, let's add club doctors and kitmen to our staffing to make it more realistic.

2) MLS is ever expanding, and it is mighty difficult to programme the game to expand along with reality. Could there be a feature that allows expansion settings to be managed easily, either in MLS or any other league? Football is bonkers, so who knows what might happen.

Appreciate any comments or thoughts about this too :) Bring on FM17!

Sam

11 hours ago, srparry92 said:

2) MLS is ever expanding, and it is mighty difficult to programme the game to expand along with reality. Could there be a feature that allows expansion settings to be managed easily, either in MLS or any other league? Football is bonkers, so who knows what might happen.

Not going to happen, I believe. The license for the MLS covers the current season, afaik, thus all MLS seasons in-game must be patterned like the current, with the same number of teams and playoff system.

If they were to get a longer license deal, and with the future expansions "set in stone" by the MLS, then it could be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting..

On 21/08/2016 at 08:24, srparry92 said:

1) Clubs to have multiple assistant managers. I've found that a lot of coaches are co-assistants, rather than First-Team Coaches. I know there is a capacity at some clubs to have more than one, but is it possible to have some more flexibility and realism in how many assistants each club has?

Id love to be able to hire a "First Team Analyst" or someone along those lines who works in more detail than an Ass Man and could offer thoughts into where the team and tactic could improve