Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Warrior666

Stadium Editor

Stadium Editor  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Stadium Editor be implemented into future editions of Football Manager??

    • Yes
      17
    • No
      7


Recommended Posts

I know this has been suggested already, but I thought to bring it up again, to give a more in depth view on it. I played Fifa Manager 2014, and was a pretty good game, and FM and Fifa both had different aspects compared to the other. One that stood out for me in Fifa Manager was the ability to edit the stadium, either the current one or when you create a new stadium, as we all know that when managing a lower league club and you take them higher, they need to buy a new stadium, as their current one can not be upgraded capacity wise. The link below is of FIFA Manager 12 Editor, and are pretty much the same.

 

Edited by Warrior666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, What manager gets to do this ever? Its a management simulator, same for managers having input on kit design.  Its an unnecessary extra realy

Edited by wkdsoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the manager to edit the stadium? No way.

To be able to edit the generic stadia in the game with a stadium editor, like editing club colors etc. with the official editor (or allow the modding community to be able to modify the stadium files)? Yes please, bring it on. But that's not what you asked..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Maaka said:

For the manager to edit the stadium? No way.

To be able to edit the generic stadia in the game with a stadium editor, like editing club colors etc. with the official editor (or allow the modding community to be able to modify the stadium files)? Yes please, bring it on. But that's not what you asked..

I don't care if he asked for something different, as you idea is fantastic Maaka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20 August 2016 at 15:06, wkdsoul said:

Nope, What manager gets to do this ever? Its a management simulator, same for managers having input on kit design.  Its an unnecessary extra realy

You do know there is many different styles of stadiums world wide? You have on FM a very small percentage of style of games it exists in real life. There isn't more stadiums because SI do not have the right to use those stadiums. Providing a Stadium Editor, it enables people to create their version of the stadiums they want to use. Much like the Editor does now to edit leagues and players and staff.

This is not unnecessary extra, this kind of things can have depth to the game, then some of gimmick features that have been added to the game.

I vote for Stadium Editor. If Fifa Manager did it. And if you are too worried of SI spending valuable time in creating an editor, instead of other more gimmick features, i say do what OOTP does. Allow to import from 3D programs into the game. But I prefer an Stadium editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grade said:

You do know there is many different styles of stadiums world wide? You have on FM a very small percentage of style of games it exists in real life. There isn't more stadiums because SI do not have the right to use those stadiums. Providing a Stadium Editor, it enables people to create their version of the stadiums they want to use. Much like the Editor does now to edit leagues and players and staff.

This is not unnecessary extra, this kind of things can have depth to the game, then some of gimmick features that have been added to the game.

I vote for Stadium Editor. If Fifa Manager did it. And if you are too worried of SI spending valuable time in creating an editor, instead of other more gimmick features, i say do what OOTP does. Allow to import from 3D programs into the game. But I prefer an Stadium editor.

Most of what makes a ground/stadium look better is mostly all editable already for me.  Upper and lower tier adboards, seat colour, fan flags.   You can even define what ype of stand if you play with the capacity thresholds.  I can see the appeal but its a minor novelty really for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the one big thing for me, and the only reason I will buy the next version ... it would be absolutely awesome if the stadium your game was being played in actually looked like the real thing ... imagine playing Luton Town away, and you see their quirky little ground on the screen ... every stadium has its own characteristics, and it would definitely add depth to see the stadium as it's meant to be ... the generic stadiums in FM right now do nothing to add a vibe to the game, so seeing something like Vicarage Road with the full away end at the proper side of the ground would be quality ... I believe that adding proper club stadiums would be an astonishing improvement, and would be a huge success for the FM franchise

Now, let me add on more touch ... imagine if at the start of each game you are given a player's view from inside the tunnel, and then move up the tunnel and out into the EXACT stadium the game is being played in ... superb cut scene that will kill all other games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Delmeister said:

This is the one big thing for me, and the only reason I will buy the next version ... it would be absolutely awesome if the stadium your game was being played in actually looked like the real thing ... imagine playing Luton Town away, and you see their quirky little ground on the screen ... every stadium has its own characteristics, and it would definitely add depth to see the stadium as it's meant to be ... the generic stadiums in FM right now do nothing to add a vibe to the game, so seeing something like Vicarage Road with the full away end at the proper side of the ground would be quality ... I believe that adding proper club stadiums would be an astonishing improvement, and would be a huge success for the FM franchise

Now, let me add on more touch ... imagine if at the start of each game you are given a player's view from inside the tunnel, and then move up the tunnel and out into the EXACT stadium the game is being played in ... superb cut scene that will kill all other games

Stadium designs can't be like their real life counterparts in game due to licensing. 

I fully believe that one day there will be a way to edit the stadiums in the game though, that's nothing more than a gut feeling based on the other customisation they've allowed in other areas of the game I think it's just taking a while to get there for whatever reason. I think we'll soon be having stadium packs that add this to the game and it will be great, but SI have answered previously that licenses are the barrier to them designing stadiums in game like they actually look. Some have even had to be changed to ensure there isn't too much of a likeness due to licenses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stadiums add atmosphere.

I don't know how many times people comment certain stadiums are cold, or windy, or warm, have character.

It could be anything from the look of the grass to the parking outside.

Maybe it's got something to do with favourable results at the stadium, maybe not.

Team and player performances at different stadiums also vary as they do when faced with varying weather conditions.

As movies conjure emotions, I think stadium design affects teams and players and may not be just the home and away factor.

And don't forget the fans.

My favourite classic movie, Guns Of Navarone the 1961 version, has a platform and destination and the settings enhance the movie.

Journey To The Centre Of The Earth the 1959 version also falls into that category.

I find myself watching these movies over and over because the characters and performances are engrosing and timeless.

My favourite Tv series, Hogan's Heroes is another classic.

I'm Greek and I don't have to be English to know the original Wembley Stadium has a special place in English peoples memories.

As do different stadiums to different peoples in the world.

 

 

Edited by theopert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...