FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded

FMUpdates2014logo%20short%20bottom_zpsgq0aiea4.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-07%20at%2022.07.

RegionalLogos_zpsdo0vgt6u.png

Level9logos.png

EEE - ENGLAND, ENHANCED, EXPANDED RETURNS FOR FM2017

FMUpdates has returned! Following last season's launch of Level 9, we will be bringing you the latest in our long line of impressive 'Football Manager' releases with the enhancement of the English league pyramid bringing you an improved gameplay experience of the leagues already available and the expansion of the English non-league structure to incorporate Steps 3, 4 and 5 of the National League System along with all the additional cups and rules that accompany them.

As ever, EEE will provide you with only the best and most advanced, realistic, detailed and reliable expansion around for the 'Football Manager' series. Accept NO substitutes!

The Advanced England League Expansion includes:

ORIGINAL FIXTURE LISTS

ENGLISH AND INTERNATIONAL TEAM CUP HISTORIES

FA VASE QUALIFICATION SYSTEM

REBUILT FA CUP & FA TROPHY FEATURING EARLIER ROUNDS

COMPLETE ITINERARY OF LEAGUE CUPS & COUNTY CUPS

CREATION OF INACTIVE LEVEL 10 FOR PROMOTION/RELEGATION PURPOSES

REBUILT FA CUP & FA TROPHY RULES TO INCORPORATE EARLIER ROUNDS

FINE-TUNING OF EXISTING ENGLISH LEAGUE STRUCTURE TO FURTHER REPLICATE REAL LIFE

EXPANDED & IN-DEPTH HISTORIES

FULL & AUTHENTIC COMPETITION AWARDS OVERHAUL

EXPANDED FA GROUND GRADING REQUIREMENTS SYSTEM

EXPANDED MEDIA SOURCES AND JOURNALISTS

UPDATED KITS & OTHER CLUB INFORMATION

AND MUCH MORE WAITING TO BE ANNOUNCED, FEATURED AND DISCOVERED!

#supportlocalfootball #FMUpdates #EEE #FM2017

3b1c4ebc-ed77-46d2-ae5e-d53168b8744e_zps5cf80029.jpg FB-f-Logo__blue_144_zps2ecaf7ea.png ec1afb45-4133-4474-a751-8e1f1d9eefc4_zps4ygtffzn.jpg

FMU3transparentlongshorttop_zpsvbdnmkig.png

eff52eda-007c-483e-974e-db457b3e779f_zpsd9d152c4.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%2021.33.13_zps6vg96dmc.png

We have developed an active and ongoing collaborative project management tool system using the Discord VoIP/IM software. We encourage anyone who would like to help with research for the EEE project to contact myself @jWaSiMhE or Gareth @magicmastermind124 through these forums or on our Discord server. No matter how small effort you can bring to the table, we appreciate any time you can give.

We would also like to add that Football Manager is not what it is without the help of all the research scouts that give spare their free time to research for the game, of which I am one. We implore all of you who are in the position to help Sports Interactive make a great game even greater and post any data issues in the appropriate thread and checking available research vacancies and applying if suitable.

btn_donate_92x26.png

FMU3transparentlong_zpsemizwdz3.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, we set up this thread super early once we knew we were going to be able to work on the FM17 version of EEE.

Some of you may have been disappointed with the quality of last years release. For our standards, Level 9 was always going to be a tough nut to crack and while I am happy that we managed to release it, my heart wasn't 100% in it anymore.  The reason for this is that I had long decided that version 9 would have Level 9, and that version would be my last major contribution for EEE at FMUpdates.

With this said, we have finally got the setup that can take FMUpdates and EEE forward to the next level with our small Discord Community, which has helped us reach out to others and for those people to help out with researching the file and testing our releases.

The EEE project will continue with Daniel @jWaSiMhE as the Project Lead, and I will still be involved in helping out with certain parts of the project going forward.

Aaron @uncle ron trusted me when handing over the project to me over 4-5 years ago, and having worked with Daniel over most of those years I am confident that EEE is in the best of hands.  It's thanks to Daniel that the level of detail in this project is what it is.

On 9/14/2016 at 15:18, clarkehwbu said:

Will you be looking to add in Step 6/7 leagues across the country? Or possibly requested counties?

Would love to play FM with who I currently play for!

While we will be doing research at this level, we have no more plans to extend EEE any further. Football Manager is not designed to be played at a lower level than this. 

On 14/09/2016 at 15:18, clarkehwbu said:

Will you be looking to add in Step 6/7 leagues across the country? Or possibly requested counties?

Would love to play FM with who I currently play for!

If you play for a club in a level 10 division then they can get promoted. Alternatively you can just swap the club with an appropriate level 9 club.

• 1 month later...

I plan to be releasing a file sooner for this version of FM than last year. Work is underway but it has to be remembered that it is not simply and toggle on/off of the league structure, solely unlocking the leagues to actually play in. The whole aim to to provide a fully immersive playthrough of the English non-league system which is equal to the amazing depth that FM gives my playing with clubs in the 'big leagues'. We also try to improve on the gameplay in these higher leagues too where possible via Real Fixtures and much more!

If anybody wishes to offer any help or support then we could always do with it, no matter how small or sporadic ↓ ↓ ↓

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2016 at 18:02, Elemke said:

Any update on the project? Cheers

After a recent lull I can confirm I am back working on the file again. Unfortunately family and a new job sap away at time and the motivation to push onwards any quicker than it has been.

13 hours ago, Elemke said:

Awesome! Any rough estimation? :D So i can prepare myself.

I cannot give a time or date yet. I am conscious that rushing it out can cause issues as seen last year.

I could have a file out in a week which simply has a working structure, but it wouldn't be to a quality of standard I am happy with.

16 hours ago, jWaSiMhE said:

I cannot give a time or date yet. I am conscious that rushing it out can cause issues as seen last year.

I could have a file out in a week which simply has a working structure, but it wouldn't be to a quality of standard I am happy with.

Cool mate, i will wait then. Cheers!

Not really an update as such, but I will be putting some more effort into getting the file ready in the coming weeks. Be prepared!

As an aside, the potential planned changes to the english non-league structure for the 2017/18 season are certainly interesting and they will certainly have an effect on how the file evolves going forward.

50 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Bringing in much-welcomed standardisation re. number of teas in a division, promotion etc. Wonder what the 2 new divisions will be?

Most likely Midlands based, but may not be named as such and also may not be exclusively tied to that specific area. There are many possible outcomes that come from it and also what it might mean further down the line RE future changes post 2017/18.

It is all very early now to know for sure what will happen but it is hoped the closer we get to the summer the more we will know

1 hour ago, BanOly said:

@jWaSiMhE    I clicked my club but I'm not sure if it registered or whatever.

I choose Witham Town...? xD

:stop:You aren't registering for anything, it's just a visual demonstration of the English NLS geographically!

I thought it might be useful for some who might not know the geographical layout of the UK. It is essentially a by-product of the research effort that goes into EEE but I do like this sort of thing too (hence it's creation + me sharing it).

6 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Assume the Step 6 teams are just included because they can be promoted into a playable division with this file? :)

Your assumption is correct.

Although I have been able to ensure that all of the level 10 divisions are fully rostered this season in the vanilla db, apart from Blyth Town and Stockton Town who will be present in the next major transfer window patch in the coming months. I have some ideas as to how to make it easier to play as a level 10 club in the file which I may discuss around and post release time.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's be honest, the last couple of years has seen a lot of build-up and not much action with this update. Granted, it's a big job but why hype it up so much with slogans like "Accept NO substitutes" if you can't actually deliver? Definitely a case of over-promising and then underwhelming all those who have been waiting for it.

The problem with a huge custom db is, that a game update could cause some problems and I think that is the reason why this is rescheduled for a release after the transfer window update, which is usually the latest patch. Just my guess.

I reckon that this is a huge effort and the outcome is higly valuable; on the other end, you've got to weigh the time-factor, too. Everyone of us is highly keen to play the game when it comes out in november, and ideally this would be the right time to kick off a long term save as a LLM. If the update is released in march/april, I think that such a hype is much lower, and the view already turned to the next FM...

I would like to make a distinction here. For us, this project is the result of years of work and has our ideals implemented. We're not in this to rush out a release as fast as possible with EEE, we're in this to build a big database full of detail that we are proud of - this is probably more the case than getting extra playable leagues and cups, but we put those in because we don't want a riot. There comes a stage however that due to the amount of work this project contains, it is difficult to maintain. We're finding ways to get around this by getting the work done using tools like Excel, which has actually resulted in the project containing much more than is normally capable by doing the work manually in the editor - such amount of work would lead to insanity.

We're no longer geared towards fast releases, which in one way is a shame, and in another way means that you will get much more for your patience.  We're also limited with the amount of time we can offer towards the project as we are both incredibly busy people.

Nothing has been rescheduled, it is still a case of being worked on and it will be a while yet before release.

Personal I think you guys do a great job on this database and it is well worth the wait for it's release. It is a shame it's not released earlier, but with all extra data you guys input into the database means a lot of work for yourselves so would naturally take longer to input it all.

On 06/02/2017 at 22:52, KUBI said:

The problem with a huge custom db is, that a game update could cause some problems and I think that is the reason why this is rescheduled for a release after the transfer window update, which is usually the latest patch. Just my guess.

Given that it is only since December/January that I have even had the opportunity to devote time to working on EEE the pending transfer window update has been on my mind. We could rush a release out and it could then need a whole new raft of amendments an update could cause. It will probably be fine, but there is no way of knowing for sure. There are also db changes in the pending update which will also improve the file.

Because of this it will be post-transfer update now RE release. 

However, overall the main barrier is just purely down to time constraints. As stated previously, we never give estimates we don't live up to and the nature of the file means it does take alot of effort.

I really admire the time you put into this project and I do not criticize anything about it. It's just that people can't wait when this is announced to coming soon. I also think that you underestimate that a lot of people would play this even in a early stage to help find issues and bugs, so why not release beta versions in the future? 

Archived