Sports Interactive Community
Deisler26

FM17: Who Ya Gonna Ca..Manage?

So it's that time. FM17 has been announced and we're all dreaming of that first save..

So tell me, who's it gonna be with?

Personally, it's gotta be RKC Waalwijk. Try and emulate this years achievements.

Slavia Prague, I enjoy trying to overtake Sparta as the "big" team in Prague and trying to make Eastern European Football a force again! At least on the new version they have European Football (Europa League) in the First Season.

Pretty sure I'll start at Le Havre in France as I normally do. St Pauli is another possibility though 

Probably going to do an Aston Villa save fist, look to build them back up.

I do also fancy doing my first ever save where i just choose a random team in a random, far flung league and just see what happens. Might use the Beta for that.

Borussia Dortmund, because it's my club and I end up putting at least 400 hours into them every single release. Really curious about how their massive talent (Passlack, Guerreiro, Mor, Dembele, Pulisic) is going to turn out in the game this year. 

Always start as Liverpool, as they are my team, but have a soft spot for Hoffenheim, after a great FM16 save.

Same as I always do - my own bespoke club that i create in the editor and start at the lowest possible level.

I think this year I'll start with Man City since I always prefer to play with wonderkids. Man City has lots of young talents such as Iheanacho, Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Stones, and Patrick Roberts. It'd be really fun to play with these wonderkids! Hopefully Iheanacho's CA is going to be increased a lot to reflect his performance at last year.

Always Leeds of course, but will have a save running at the same time with Villa I think.. liking the side they are quickly building there this season, and with a few great youngsters in the reserves and bitter rivals both looking likely to compete too, should be interesting.

Arsenal, try and fix the farce that has been our summer. Shouldn't take much effort to be fair...

Probably start with a short Man Utd save to get to grips with any changes, then after that Bradford City for a long save and probably Bradford Park Avenue, a created club, New England Revolution, Athletic Club, Crewe, St Pauli, Darmstadt, Sassuolo, Parma, some French side(probably Red Star Paris or A.S.S.E.), some Dutch side, Real S.C.

After that, whatever takes my fancy, perhaps some sleeping giants, or some countries I haven't done much in, like Sweden.

Probably start with a short Man Utd save to get to grips with any changes, then after that Bradford City for a long save and probably Bradford Park Avenue, a created club, New England Revolution, Athletic Club, Crewe, St Pauli, Darmstadt, Sassuolo, Parma, some French side(probably Red Star Paris or A.S.S.E.), some Dutch side, Real S.C.

After that, whatever takes my fancy, perhaps some sleeping giants, or some countries I haven't done much in, like Sweden.

Dundalk are a save that will have to happen too. Still got a chance in Champions League qualification, but if not, guaranteed Europa League group stages. What a challenge they will be.

I'll start with FC Twente in the Eredivisie, A.C. Milan, Newcastle or with a club which gives a blue interface because I love blue (Schalke, Herta BSC, PEC Zwolle, Espanyol).

Edited by Torminator

If I buy, will probably start with Man Utd as is my tradition, just to get a feel for the game using good players.

May do Sunderland (my team), might depend on who Moyes signs between now and end of transfer window.

After that not sure. I really need to try international management one day so who knows if SI have found ways to develop that, might go in that direction.

The Blades as ever. Then about a million saves I can't get into until a few weeks before the new one comes out. Then I'll get the new one and the old save is but a memory! 

Starting out as Manchester United, then after a few seasons, when i get the feel for the game, I'll start a game with Brøndby :)

Probably Hibs or Dundee. Always enjoyed time in the Scottish Leagues. May try something new this year though. Will also have a long term Hartlepool save.

I'll probably restart my Sheffield United save as I'll have no chance completing it in FM16 before FM17 arrives.

If they're in, Kosovo national team. :thup:

If they're not, some other national team. 

Spoiler

None. Spoiler added by accident. :idiot:

Edited by gavo01

Zenit for the first save as usual, easier to explore the changes of new version with a familiar team.

I only got FM16 this summer so I will either wait til next year to buy FM17 or just skip over to FM18. I'd probably take over a mid table side like West Ham and just see what I can do with them. 

Arsenal for the BETA.

Main save ideas:

Hungary with Budapest Honved. Denmark with Brondby or Fc Kobenhavn. Belgium with Anderlecht. Germany with Dynamo Dresden. France with Strasbourg

Unsure. I usually start a couple tiers down in England (Coventry or someone similar), but that's getting tougher to do as the game gets a little bit more difficult to overachieve in. Aston Villa does sound appealing, though.

Liverpool in Beta, then TNS or some team in Conference South/North

I'd be delighted if they added the USL to the American Leagues.  I'd be taking over Louisville City in a heartbeat!

I've always had a hard time getting into MLS saves because it seemed unrealistic to just jump in as a manager there.  It would be great to cut teeth in the second division to earn an MLS gig.

Rangers, we're back in the Prem and made a lot of really interesting signings that I look forward to seeing how they perform in-game. I'll also start a save with a German team, one of my favourite leagues to manage in, had some great saves in the past with Bayern, Dortmund, Hamburg and Leverkusen.

Every year I test the new FM with Liverpool. Then one Journeyman save and around March I start the last save of the year, Youth Challenge or just a "Lowest Tier to the First Division" save.

In FM17 my goals are to manage in the MLS, win a World Cup and an Olympic Gold medal.

So for me it's Liverpool, probably FC Dallas, USA or Greece and then a random club for the last save of the year.

i am deciding between who i am gonna manage first: my favorite club ( Arsenal), my local club (NK Maribor) or my local club when i studied abroad (FC Porto)

Athletic Bilbao.....have a sterling save going in FM2016 and the signing policy of the club has really re-invigorated my passion for the game again. Looking to follow straight on to FM2017 with a fresh Bilbao save and challenge for honours.

Still deep into 16, started with a counties league 'create a club' and loving it.  will wait till xmas time to see what feedback is like on here before I take the plunge.

I might try a Leeds save for a change... On FM16 I started at Coventry, moved on to Everton where I won everything, on to Barcelona who wouldn't allow me to get rid of a trouble maker from the squad, so I left after 2 seasons (with pretty much 100% success), took over at Reading towards the end of the season, saved them from relegation and won the FA Cup, then was offered the Man Utd job where I have been since. First time in any save where I've become a Legend at two different clubs and have won everything I can without dropping down the leagues. I have told myself though that if Coventry make it into the Premier league (currently in the Championship) and the managers position comes up, I'll probably go back for sentimental reasons (within the game).