Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2017 Release Date and Pre Purchase Details Announced

The loyalty discount is such a brilliant idea. It makes us feel like we're a valued customer and a part of the SI family. Hope i get chance to beta test this year again. Loved it last year

On 17/08/2016 at 11:29, SkaldfraNorden said:

When I follow the link, it says that product is not available in my region (South America)...

On 23/08/2016 at 06:12, Maradonna said:

German fellow here.

So I usually got a key and activated it in steam. Now following screenshot states that it cannot be activated through steam. Is it just bad wording or actual happening? It essentially would force all listed regions to use vpn and thus violate the ToS from steam and risking an permanent account ban.

IMG-20160822-WA0003.jpg

cheers

This is sad, very sad.

On 23/08/2016 at 14:04, Neil Brock said:

To clarify, the game cannot currently be pre-ordered in those countries listed, either via the SEGA Store or Steam directly.

Other than that, nothing else has changed. The activation process is the same as previous years. 

Wait, so there won't be pre-order in Brazil, for example, but I can buy after the launching date?

On 25/08/2016 at 16:26, F J said:
This restriction will affect the game that the we researchers will receive?

I am not researcher but I am worried with the brazilian ones. They do this hardly for free to be noticed the game won't be sold in Brazil. They take part one of the biggest brazilian forums about the game, an official affiliate always supported the SI helping with the brazilian database . 

I hope, seriously, that situation can be reverted, I have bought the game since 2013 version, +/- when FM started to be sold on Steam too, I wouldn't like to back to play the FM by... non-legal ways. I wanna keep helping the game. Not just me but all brazilian fans. 

21 hours ago, Martini said:

What about licensing?, because most affected countries are the ones with licensing issues, are those leagues going to go "full Japan" like the Japanese League on previous FM?.

I don't know how to run your business but I expect a severe backlash if playable leagues aren't announced, the scene changed, Germany and Brazil are major leagues and markets.

Could I, here on Chile, play the german and brazilian leagues? (even with fake names?.

It's what probably will happen

As already said, the only change is, that you can't pre-order or buy the game in those countries. But you will still be able to activate a copy or a key you have bougth elswhere. In Germany it's that way for years, but there are people from Germany playing a legal copy of the game they had ordered and bought online.

2 hours ago, tiago_wakabayashi said:

It's what probably will happen

Hopefully, for example the Japanese league is unplayable as some interface buttons are unavailable for it even if I edit it.

11 hours ago, KUBI said:

As already said, the only change is, that you can't pre-order or buy the game in those countries. But you will still be able to activate a copy or a key you have bougth elswhere. In Germany it's that way for years, but there are people from Germany playing a legal copy of the game they had ordered and bought online.

Hmm, better. The bad thing is the price, I'd be paying like twice :/ But is better than I don't have the game.

9 hours ago, Martini said:

Hopefully, for example the Japanese league is unplayable as some interface buttons are unavailable for it even if I edit it.

I hope the brazilian league be kinda the "fake" Bundesliga, playable with club names changed at minimum. 

==========================

I dunno if I can post it here but if not sorry but:

http://www.cbf.com.br/noticias/a-cbf/cbf-konami-pes-com-brasileirao-oficial#.V8KQuFmqMdV

From CBF official site (the Brazilian Football Confederation), a partnership with Konami to launch the Brasileirão Serie A officially.

Like a old fan of that game I am very happy but would be possible any negotiation from SI/SEGA to solve this problem? Another question I noted while I was preparing this post: 

Is it possible the fact the CBF + Konami partnership would be the reason the game don't be sold here? 

As we've said at this moment in time the game currently isn't available to pre-order in Brazil. There's nothing else to announce at this stage. If there are any further updates, we'll make them. Everything else you may have read is purely speculation. 

Thanks. 

pre-purchased the game today, just waiting for it to be officially launched... by the time, I'll be playing FM2015

It will be the days leading to the release of Beta, which is been said it will be release at the latest 2 weeks before game release.

Meaning the beta can be release 2 weeks or earlier.

Correct me if this is not right.

Hello friends, I am sad about the situation in Brazil and at the same time I'm excited about the future launch of the new FM 2017!

I hope the match engine has been very tight in relation to the match engine FM 16: Have more passes through the field center with players passing the ball with proximity, more goals from long shots, more goals from direct faults so as more movement of players.

At the same time I am awaiting news of tactics and especially interaction with the media and with the players, the AI has to be deeper, more transfers occurring throughout the season and featured players from small clubs being hired by large teams.

This FM 17 if an update of the 16 mainly in ME and with some new features would be the best ever!

So, what about FM17 and Intel HD 4000? Minimum system requirements say 512mb for dedicated video memory. The HD 4000 only has 32mb. Any chance it will run?

So, when should we start expecting some hype on what's new for '17? October?

We only have the information that its in the days leading to beta release, which can be any time between today and the release of beta. Meaning your guess is good as mine.

just be a bit patient.

I can't see them announcing anything before the 15th of September when Apple make their big announcement about all their new hardware. Especially if they have new plans for FM Touch that involve iPads and other portable devices, you'd be mad not to wait and announce afterwards once all the details are out and people are excited about whatever is coming next.

Just so i understand correctly, as a brazilian i wont be able to activate my key even if i buy from the humble store ?

Good day to be a loyal costumer.

izegZKw.jpg

On 9/5/2016 at 04:33, barroca said:

Just so i understand correctly, as a brazilian i wont be able to activate my key even if i buy from the humble store ?

Good day to be a loyal costumer.

izegZKw.jpg

You do not understand correctly. You cannot pre-order from Humble or Steam currently in Brazil. 

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

You do not understand correctly. You cannot pre-order from Humble or Steam currently in Brazil. 

My bad !

Thanks for the snarky remark.

8 minutes ago, barroca said:

My bad !

Thanks for the snarky remark.

Apologies if you took that as a snarky remark, that was never my intention. I was just making it clear the ONLY thing we've said is that the game cannot currently be pre-ordered in Brazil via Humble or Steam. 

I’d like to buy the boxed vision of the game. Does anyone know if I buy it pre-order, can I play the beta.  Had a quick look and on-line retailers don’t seem to mention the beta being available, when buying it boxed.  

Just realised I can buy FM Touch for just £20. That's great as that's all I ever played in FM 15 and 16.  Just a shame the Steam loyalty discount doesn't apply to that version too...

8 hours ago, Killie said:

I’d like to buy the boxed vision of the game. Does anyone know if I buy it pre-order, can I play the beta.  Had a quick look and on-line retailers don’t seem to mention the beta being available, when buying it boxed.  

I have every PC version (except 03/04) going right back to CM 00/01 in a box/CD/DVD and a good few of the original Champ Manager titles (inc Germany, Italia, etc) on my old Atari ST,  and I am loath to buy it on Steam and not receive a physical copy. 

I guess it is too much trouble to ask for a boxed copy, beta access and the 20% discount.

It's very hard to ask questions without someone answering about more details nearer the time but here goes three attempts.

Presumably like with FM15 the editor won't be available early if we preorder now?

I'm assuming the German team is still affected by licensing issues but everything related to fake players is the same  as in previous years?

Will the Dutch Derde Klasse be a playable league or will it just function like other non-playable lower leagues by providing a promoted team based on randomising weighted by reputation?

Hi Silence.. you have indeed answered your own question there....

There are no details of the new game to give right now, so answering those questions is impossible for now :)

46 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Hi Silence.. you have indeed answered your own question there....

There are no details of the new game to give right now, so answering those questions is impossible for now :)

Though so but its worth a try ?

Nothing yet, when SI do start announcing features I expect it will be easy enough to spot them & the related discussion threads.

hope they start giving new features away fast, cos its hard to pre order a game, if you dont know what you gonna get. First time in more then 20 years that i dont pre order before i know what changes in fm2017. (guess i'm getting too old :D)

I expect the new features announced only in October, not before. The Editor features announced around the game release, not the beta.

If they release before that, I might be surprised. :p

guys, i`m from brazil and much has been said about the problems our community here is having when it comes to acquiring fm17.
what i`d like to know is if it is allowed for a canadian, living in canada, to purchase the game for me, a brazilian, living in brazil, via gift in steam? in your contract with steam, is this allowed?

I have pre purchased the game, when will the demo or early access beta come out?

2 hours ago, CK47 said:

I have pre purchased the game, when will the demo or early access beta come out?

2 week before the 4th of November as stated above

@Neil Brock

In the past, Sports Interactive gave access to the latest Beta as I have previously had access to it for FM2013-15.  I noticed with the introduction of FM2016 and now with FM2017 the only access to the beta is to purchase the game and gain access a few weeks earlier (sort of like NBA 2k17 Prelude).

Will there be a way to gain access to the FM2017 Beta outside of purchasing the final product, similar to the FM2013-15 program?

Regards

6 hours ago, b.paterson said:

@Neil Brock

In the past, Sports Interactive gave access to the latest Beta as I have previously had access to it for FM2013-15.  I noticed with the introduction of FM2016 and now with FM2017 the only access to the beta is to purchase the game and gain access a few weeks earlier (sort of like NBA 2k17 Prelude).

Will there be a way to gain access to the FM2017 Beta outside of purchasing the final product, similar to the FM2013-15 program?

Regards

Don't confuse the Beta with the Demo. I'm sure there will be a demo this year, as every year before it had one.

It's a bit odd that you're leaving it so late to announce new features. I mean at this point you obviously know most, if not all of the new features that are added, so why not list some of them? It's not normal practice to make a game available for pre-purchase and say absolutely nothing about the game people are going to be buying. 

3 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

It's a bit odd that you're leaving it so late to announce new features. I mean at this point you obviously know most, if not all of the new features that are added, so why not list some of them? It's not normal practice to make a game available for pre-purchase and say absolutely nothing about the game people are going to be buying. 

It's not unheard of in the industry, and at this stage it's still very much a choice to pre-order.  One that has very little actual benefit at this stage.  Before the pre-order actually has a tangible point (although that's still debatable), around the time the beta will open, you'll know everything you need to know about features.

Complete non-issue.

3 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

at moment they are focusing on building up guerilla marketing... few days ago, or was it yesterday?, bbc published an article about usage of data in football and it was full of SI quotes about football manager... pure concealed marketing of new FM. :D

found the article, notice how it is well masked into article about science in football while it is pure FM propaganda :D

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-37327939

Edited by MBarbaric

Hello, 

Every time i try to repurchase football manager it says i only have a 10% discount whilst i own all these copies of the game. Some of them are not from steam but i added them as a game. 

Is anyone else having the same problem? 

Note 2007/2008 versions are not steam. But the rest are :)

FOOTBALLMANAGER.png

16 minutes ago, aat91 said:

Hello, 

Every time i try to repurchase football manager it says i only have a 10% discount whilst i own all these copies of the game. Some of them are not from steam but i added them as a game. 

Is anyone else having the same problem? 

Note 2007/2008 versions are not steam. But the rest are :)

FOOTBALLMANAGER.png

"As a ‘thank-you’ to loyal fans of the series we’ve worked with our friends at Valve to offer a Steam-only* discount of 5% off for every Football Manager game owned on PC, Mac or Linux dating back to Football Manager 2013. This means there’s a possible 20% available to fans who own the last four versions of the game!  "

So...

• Keepers look like they've been remodeled in the match engine
  • Data analysts at the club
  • Heat maps
  • Revamp of media items
  • Lots of green in the new skin
  • Players studying for coaching qualifications before retiring

Will the data analysts have an actual role? Or just making up the numbers?  I wonder if it is to present the information from prozone, but will it be useful information or is he going to be another 'don't listen to the assman' type of staff?

Hope the twitter comments reveal more information, I'm not too interested in the numbers in the video. 1,500 animations etc. >_>