Football Manager 2017 Release Date and Pre Purchase Details Announced

• Administrators

We’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2017 will kick-off on Friday, Nov 4th.

All pre-purchases or pre-orders of FM17 from participating digital retailers come with early Beta access which should be available roughly two weeks prior to full release. Participating digital and boxed copies also come with a range of free downloadable content for Football Manager Touch, as well as three brand new challenges to play in "Challenge" mode.

A host of new and updated features will be revealed in the days leading up to the Beta release on our website, forums and our social channels, so follow us now to be kept up-to-date:

Football Manager Twitter – https://twitter.com/FootballManager
Football Manager Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/footballmanager

As a ‘thank-you’ to loyal fans of the series we’ve worked with our friends at Valve to offer a Steam-only* discount of 5% off for every Football Manager game owned on PC, Mac or Linux dating back to Football Manager 2013. This means there’s a possible 20% available to fans who own the last four versions of the game! 

This pre-purchase offer is available until 11.59 GMT on Friday 14th October so be sure to get the deal wrapped-up well in advance - Pre-Purchase Now

Or Pre-Purchase from Steam with up to 20% off

*This offer is only available to fans who pre-purchase FM17 from Steam and, to qualify for multiple discounts, previous titles must be owned within one Steam account. Multiple Steam logins cannot be used.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIRST - I've been lurking in GC waiting for this...now I can actually go and read the pertinent info. 

edited to add: dang, I've actually got everything back to FM11 on Steam - help a brutha out, Valve...I'm loyal, I'm loyal. 

Sorry if im being a little thick. But if you buy just the stand alone Football Manager Touch at £19.99, do you still get the 20% discount for owning the last 4 FM's

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Sorry if im being a little thick. But if you buy just the stand alone Football Manager Touch at £19.99, do you still get the 20% discount for owning the last 4 FM's

No I'm afraid the offer is for 'full' FM only. 

9 minutes ago, pukfm said:

Wait what??! No info about New features? Why should we pre-order when we have NO clue about how Fm17 gonna be?

This

All games apart from this one generally tell you what is going to be in the game re new features or a hint at the features - this yearly we will tell you nearer the day and only if ..is old fashioned and quite frankly a bad marketing ploy.

3 minutes ago, Blaupunkt said:

FM touch 2017 question.

If i pre order it says i will get this for free, if so does this game work on the Ipad Air 2 ? and if so will I get a code to activate it on that ?

The article says you'll get FM Touch for PC, Mac and Linux for free.

12 minutes ago, pukfm said:

Wait what??! No info about New features? Why should we pre-order when we have NO clue about how Fm17 gonna be?

You have until the 14th of October to pre-order. You don't have to do it right this very second, if you don't want to yet.

6 minutes ago, Kazza said:

This

All games apart from this one generally tell you what is going to be in the game re new features or a hint at the features - this yearly we will tell you nearer the day and only if ..is old fashioned and quite frankly a bad marketing ploy.

So don't pre-order it until there are features to talk about?

FM will be pre-ordered without the need for features by a large group of people.  The rest will then be hoovered up over the next 2 months there are until the game is released.  Absolutely zero issue with this.

8 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The article says you'll get FM Touch for PC, Mac and Linux for free.

yes, i know, but i thought touch was for mobile devices i wanted clarification, hence my question, if it is not then just say, thats fine, no reason for me to pre order then :)

Just now, Blaupunkt said:

yes, i know, but i thought touch was for mobile devices i wanted clarification, hence my question, if it is not then just say, thats fine, no reason for me to pre order then :)

FM Touch for Tablets is available.. for Tablets. It's a completely different platform and will have been a mention of it specifically if you were to get it.

Just now, shirajzl said:

Just a quick verification, will a full FM version contain FMT for PC as well, like in previous years?

Just a couple of posts above yours we're talking about it and it does state in the linked article.  -  it is included.

I got few questions.

Are the new features going to be release, one a day? if so starting from which day?

Or are they going to be release sporadically as bundle, like it in the year when FM Documentary was released?

Is there going to be in either way of release of the new features, an FM Editor news or will it be like last year, where we only got any editor news about the around the release of the game?

Getting a discount sounds nice, but I reach a point of my life that kind of marketing really doesn't work for me, so i need something substancial, something of a real improvement.

4 minutes ago, Adelaidean said:

Looking forward to it - any chance it will be available through gog.com or otherwise available DRM-free? Or will it only be available via Steam activation?

Cheers

I for one would say not likely. But who knows?

9 minutes ago, grade said:

I got few questions.

Are the new features going to be release, one a day? if so starting from which day?

Or are they going to be release sporadically as bundle, like it in the year when FM Documentary was released?

Is there going to be in either way of release of the new features, an FM Editor news or will it be like last year, where we only got any editor news about the around the release of the game?

Getting a discount sounds nice, but I reach a point of my life that kind of marketing really doesn't work for me, so i need something substancial, something of a real improvement.

I imagine you won't get the answers you're seeking partly because revealing plans about revealing plans tends to be counter-productive to the impact of actually revealing the plans ;) 

Be patient, see what comes out, if its to your tastes then get the game, if its not then on the flip side don't pick it up. There is always the demo that comes out as well which gets updated year round as far as I'm aware with patches so you can always get the latest experience before committing as well.

13 minutes ago, Adelaidean said:

Looking forward to it - any chance it will be available through gog.com or otherwise available DRM-free? Or will it only be available via Steam activation?

Cheers

Almost certainly going to be Steam only.  I'd be absolutely amazed if it wasn't.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

When I follow the link, it says that product is not available in my region (South America)...

24 minutes ago, Silver Twilight Sparkle said:

I have the same error, the game does not show up on steam client or in browser.

The game currently isn't available to pre-order in Brazil I'm afraid. 

42 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

Just a quick verification, will a full FM version contain FMT for PC as well, like in previous years?

41 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Just a couple of posts above yours we're talking about it and it does state in the linked article.  -  it is included.

Just to clarify.

I fully understand if we pre-order, we get FM Full and FM Touch.

From this link.

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2017?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=fm17&utm_campaign=announce

"And whether you pre-purchase or pre-order Football Manager 2017 from a participating digital retailer, or a participating boxed retailer, you’ll get Football Manager Touch 2017 (for PC, Mac or Linux) completely free and, as a thank you for pre-purchase or pre-order, you’ll also get a range of free downloadable content for Touch including “Board override”, “No firing”, “All job applications”, “National management” and 3 brand new challenges to play in the “Challenge” game mode. Touch is the more streamlined, ‘transfers and tactics’ way to manage and can also be purchased separately as a standalone game. "

I'm not sure how to read this (bold emphasis mine).

If I don't pre-order i.e. I wait until 4th November etc. do I get FM Touch included, or not?

Did not FM Touch come free last year with the PC version, regardless of pre-order or purchase?  I have just checked my steam copy and it appears to be free and I know that I did not pre-order or pre-purchase FM2016 last year!

1 minute ago, Kazza said:

Did not FM Touch come free last year with the PC version, regardless of pre-order or purchase?  I have just checked my steam copy and it appears to be free and I know that I did not but pre-order or pre-purchase FM2016 last year!

I think it did. See my post above. It might just be the wording of SI's release needs a tweak but we need clarification on this.

11 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

I have the last nine on Steam, I demand my 45% discount for unwavering loyalty! 

Wouldn't really be fair as pre-FM13 Steam was optional. I own every FM game except FM05, but don't have any before 13 on Steam.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

I think it did. See my post above. It might just be the wording of SI's release needs a tweak but we need clarification on this.

Yeah to clarify, any purchase of FM will come with FMT included.

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah to clarify, any purchase of FM will come with FMT included.

Thank you for the response Neil it is appreciated and that is good news. SI might want to tidy up the wording of that statement a bit as it does imply something else.

Cheers for that. :)

LR

So, I pre-ordered this, and FMT has shown up in my Library as a separate game, unlike 2016, which I just pick which mode I want to play from the main menu.

Are they being completely removed from each other permanently, and I'll have to download two copies of the game to be able to play either mode?

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

So, I pre-ordered this, and FMT has shown up in my Library as a separate game, unlike 2016, which I just pick which mode I want to play from the main menu.

Are they being completely removed from each other permanently, and I'll have to download two copies of the game to be able to play either mode?

They will appear as two different games in Steam and will need to be downloaded separately. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

They will appear as two different games in Steam and will need to be downloaded separately. 

Cheers, a minor inconvenience, but I guess not having to switch skins all the time will more than make up for it.

1 hour ago, grade said:

I for one would say not likely. But who knows?

Cheers for the response, doesn't hurt to ask!

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Almost certainly going to be Steam only.  I'd be absolutely amazed if it wasn't.

Yeah I'm not expecting different - it would be a pleasant surprise more than anything if a non-Steam version were available. I'll still buy FM17 as I've bought the last five editions through Steam but hopefully in the future a non-Steam version will be an option!

I don't have anything against Steam or Valve but for personal reasons Steam can be inconvenient for me.

Archived