Football Manager 2017 Release Date and Pre Purchase Details Announced

Just now, 2calvin said:

I don't really understand those calling it a "great" offer when its still 7-8 pound more expensive than if you shop around, that's even if you qualify for the full 20

I think it depends where you're buying the game. In Britain it takes it down to £28 which is about the same as what you're normally charged from some less-than-reputable grey market site.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

I think it depends where you're buying the game. In Britain it takes it down to £28 which is about the same as what you're normally charged from some less-than-reputable grey market site.

You can pick it up for 19-21 pound in the UK easily, beta included with not much work. I can't find the price list thread from last year but I know a lot of us managed to get 19.94

What are the reasons for FM 17 pre-purchase not being available in Brazil yet? We've heard some rumors that there are legal issues involving Flamengo and/or its supposed replacement (Flemish). Some others say it's an issue regarding our currency pricing on Steam. The fact is the Brazilian community is afraid of not being able to play this version and/or having to pay a substantial amount we can't afford.

Someone could, please, give me some feedback about it? We're ready to press Flamengo if it's the case. :D

Regards!

Hi, I've got all the fms 05 to 16 boxed versions of the game however until last year I had them all listed on my steam but for some reason last year it wouldn't let me log in to my steam account so I had to create a new one so now I only have fm16 listed and when I've tried to put the old fms on so they would be listed on my new steam it won't let me as it says the old fms are on a previous steam account.

I was wondering how would I be able to get the 20% discount for fm17? Or would I not be eligible unless I can somehow get all previous fms on a steam account?

kind regards

Hi,

I've managed to get my old steam account back with all FM's from 2010 to 2015 as you can see in screenshot on my games list however I can play fm16 but only through sharing it with my new steam account name. I have checked on the steam store and it says I can get 15% off fm17 I was wondering how I can get 20% off fm17 I have after all got all the games in steam back to 2013.

Steam%20Screenshot_zpstg1mxang.jpg

Kind Regards

Just wanted to pop by and say this is an excellent move from Miles & co. Feels nice being rewarded for being a loyal follower of the series and purchasing every version of the game.

For those saying that it could be bought cheaper elsewhere. Yeah, you probably could find somewhere but buying directly from Steam is the optimal way for protecting your purchase and gaining access to the early access Beta, hassle free. See if you get the same service and peace of mind, when buying from a cd key seller or even a legit seller you can find it difficult getting the beta key etc.

First of all about the discount..Why the discount starts from FM13 and on?I have every single boxed version since CM97/98..Even with this discount the price is still higher than some retailers who offer the boxed version..

Secondy, how is it possible to preorder something when you don't even know a single feature of the new product??

And thirdy, I hope that the match engine will be much more reliable than the last version..

I dont think that the game needs useless features such as manager customization etc since the base of the game is the match engine..So fix match engine first and make the game playable out of the box and then focus on the rest..

I was very dissapointed from the last version of the game and it might be the first time after 20 consecutive years that I will think very seriously if I will make the purchase or not..

No offense

56 minutes ago, Alekos said:

First of all about the discount..Why the discount starts from FM13 and on?I have every single boxed version since CM97/98..Even with this discount the price is still higher than some retailers who offer the boxed version..

Secondy, how is it possible to preorder something when you don't even know a single feature of the new product??

And thirdy, I hope that the match engine will be much more reliable than the last version..

I dont think that the game needs useless features such as manager customization etc since the base of the game is the match engine..So fix match engine first and make the game playable out of the box and then focus on the rest..

I was very dissapointed from the last version of the game and it might be the first time after 20 consecutive years that I will think very seriously if I will make the purchase or not..

No offense

Your first point.  Well they have to stop it somewhere.  It's easy for them to verify automatically which versions someone has if they limit it to Steam ones.  They're hardly going to ask for photos of the box everyone has for old CM versions and give you discount for that.  It's a nice gesture, not sure why anyone would get so hung up on it.

Second, there is no obligation to pre-order.  Every game nowadays offers a ridiculous pre-order with no real idea of what the finished product is going to be.  In this case, you're going to know 90% of what the product is going to be, so if you want to pre-order now, you can.  If not, then...don't?  Wait until you hear enough that persuades you to pre-order, or just buy it after release whenever you want it.

16 hours ago, Alekos said:

No offense

You have the choice to preorder now or wait until a time where you are happy with the features, No one is making you preorder straight away. Some will and some won't 

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's actually been on since FM 08, though I think 08 may have been made available on Steam a few months after the official release. 

I now have ten versions of FM on my Steam account (including 17 pre-order), perhaps an unforeseen side effect of the Steam only policy, we can see how long we've been suffering the addiction, at least in the old days you could bin the old boxes. :D

7 hours ago, DivineOne said:

Any reason why we will get these new features so late?

Because that's when they can confirm what is going in the game? If they announce stuff now, but some features don't make the game, people will moan.

German fellow here.

So I usually got a key and activated it in steam. Now following screenshot states that it cannot be activated through steam. Is it just bad wording or actual happening? It essentially would force all listed regions to use vpn and thus violate the ToS from steam and risking an permanent account ban.

IMG-20160822-WA0003.jpg

cheers

Region locks is nothing new. If you use search you will find threads about FM2014, FM2015, FM2016 and probably an answer and solution. It's not SI that is responsible for region locks, it's SEGA, which also have to be addressed, if you are living in a locked region.

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

Region locks is nothing new. If you use search you will find threads about FM2014, FM2015, FM2016 and probably an answer and solution. It's not SI that is responsible for region locks, it's SEGA, which also have to be addressed, if you are living in a locked region.

I am very specifically asking for the activation through steam. Before you couldn't purchase through steam.

Further, some region locked version had following text: " Please note: This game is region locked and cannot be activated through Steam outside of your region."

Now it says: " cannot be activated in the following regions"

This is a HUGE(!) difference.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Maradonna said:

I am very specifically asking for the activation through steam. Before you couldn't purchase through steam.

Further, some region locked version had following text: " Please note: This game is region locked and cannot be activated through Steam outside of your region."

Now it says: " cannot be activated in the following regions"

This is a HUGE(!) difference.

Thanks for raising this, we'll look into the phrasing. 

It means that if I'm in Germany or in Brazil, for example, I can buy the game, but it can't be activated?

And if I buy the key from a retailer who sells a Worldwide key I will be able to play the game anywhere without problems?

EDIT: Just made contact with SEGA about region issues twice, but the answer is always the same: "There is currently no information regarding the release of FM17 for your country"

1 hour ago, renato. said:

It means that if I'm in Germany or in Brazil, for example, I can buy the game, but it can't be activated?

And if I buy the key from a retailer who sells a Worldwide key I will be able to play the game anywhere without problems?

EDIT: Just contacted SEGA about region issues twice, but the answer is always the same: "There is currently no information regarding the release of FM17 for your country"

No, it means that if you are from Brazil you cant purchase the game und you cannot activate it. Doesn't matter what kind of key you have.

If you cannot activate a game outside a region, e.g Russia, it just says that you can't use the key in Brazil. But if you have a regular non-RUS key you can. Thats what the situation was until now.

P.S: VPN and similar workarounds aside.

We should just wait for Neil to investigate. He will clarify the situation.

29 minutes ago, Maradonna said:

No, it means that if you are from Brazil you cant purchase the game und you cannot activate it. Doesn't matter what kind of key you have.

If you cannot activate a game outside a region, e.g Russia, it just says that you can't use the key in Brazil. But if you have a regular non-RUS key you can. Thats what the situation was until now.

P.S: VPN and similar workarounds aside.

We should just wait for Neil to investigate. He will clarify the situation.

You are from Germany, right? To play FM in the past years, you got to buy one key without region restriction in order to activate the game even if it isn't sold where you are based?

• Administrators

To clarify, the game cannot currently be pre-ordered in those countries listed, either via the SEGA Store or Steam directly.

Other than that, nothing else has changed. The activation process is the same as previous years. 

On 2016. 08. 17. at 16:00, Neil Brock said:

We’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2017 will kick-off on Friday, Nov 4th.

All pre-purchases or pre-orders of FM17 from participating digital retailers come with early Beta access which should be available roughly two weeks prior to full release. Participating digital and boxed copies also come with a range of free downloadable content for Football Manager Touch, as well as three brand new challenges to play in "Challenge" mode.

A host of new and updated features will be revealed in the days leading up to the Beta release on our website, forums and our social channels, so follow us now to be kept up-to-date:

Football Manager Twitter – https://twitter.com/FootballManager
Football Manager Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/footballmanager

As a ‘thank-you’ to loyal fans of the series we’ve worked with our friends at Valve to offer a Steam-only* discount of 5% off for every Football Manager game owned on PC, Mac or Linux dating back to Football Manager 2013. This means there’s a possible 20% available to fans who own the last four versions of the game! 

This pre-purchase offer is available until 11.59 GMT on Friday 14th October so be sure to get the deal wrapped-up well in advance - Pre-Purchase Now

Or Pre-Purchase from Steam with up to 20% off

*This offer is only available to fans who pre-purchase FM17 from Steam and, to qualify for multiple discounts, previous titles must be owned within one Steam account. Multiple Steam logins cannot be used.

Which ones are the "participating digital retailers"???

There's no list about these retailers. So I can preorder it from anywhere to get early beta access, or there are "participating" and "not participating" retailers?

Do I get early beta access if I order from e.g. G2A.com, Cdkeys.com, gamesdeal.com etc? Or only from Steam?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, MangerdWanlar said:

Which ones are the "participating digital retailers"???

There's no list about these retailers. So I can preorder it from anywhere to get early beta access, or there are "participating" and "not participating" retailers?

Do I get early beta access if I order from e.g. G2A.com, Cdkeys.com, gamesdeal.com etc? Or only from Steam?

The participating digital retailers will be announced at a later date. For now Sega Store and Steam are the only confirmed ones as far as I'm aware. Once I have more information I'll update this thread.

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Alexandre said:

Wow, this year FM won't be available in Brazil? I couldn't pre-order and reading through this thread there is no clear information on this. Is there any further detail about this anywhere?

It's as simple as that. It isn't available in Brazil this year. That is why you can't pre order. You will probably not get the answers you want but that is the facts 

• Administrators
On 8/24/2016 at 18:55, Alexandre said:

Wow, this year FM won't be available in Brazil? I couldn't pre-order and reading through this thread there is no clear information on this. Is there any further detail about this anywhere?

11 hours ago, F J said:

This restriction will affect the game that the we researchers will receive?

As I've said already in this thread, the game isn't currently available to pre-order in Brazil. That's the only thing which has been said about this and it's quite clear.

Sounds a bit like Germany to me, the game can't be bought there through Steam, but as far as I'm aware there's no actual restriction on activating the game if you have a code. So yeah, even if you can't pre-order that doesn't mean if you're in Brazil you can't play it at all. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

As I've said already in this thread, the game isn't currently available to pre-order in Brazil. That's the only thing which has been said about this and it's quite clear.

If there's something about this situation is that ISN'T CLEAR at all.

51 minutes ago, apsychoshow said:

If there's something about this situation is that ISN'T CLEAR at all.

Right? 'We clearly have stated that we won't give any more information' is not much of clarification.

My concern is that some Brazilian mainstream news sites are already reporting that FM2017 won't be sold in Brazil, I came here in hope for more info.

14 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

What about licensing?, because most affected countries are the ones with licensing issues, are those leagues going to go "full Japan" like the Japanese League on previous FM?.

I don't know how to run your business but I expect a severe backlash if playable leagues aren't announced, the scene changed, Germany and Brazil are major leagues and markets.

Could I, here on Chile, play the german and brazilian leagues? (even with fake names?.

On 17/08/2016 at 11:29, SkaldfraNorden said:

When I follow the link, it says that product is not available in my region (South America)...

On 23/08/2016 at 06:12, Maradonna said:

German fellow here.

So I usually got a key and activated it in steam. Now following screenshot states that it cannot be activated through steam. Is it just bad wording or actual happening? It essentially would force all listed regions to use vpn and thus violate the ToS from steam and risking an permanent account ban.

IMG-20160822-WA0003.jpg

cheers

This is sad, very sad.

On 23/08/2016 at 14:04, Neil Brock said:

To clarify, the game cannot currently be pre-ordered in those countries listed, either via the SEGA Store or Steam directly.

Other than that, nothing else has changed. The activation process is the same as previous years. 

Wait, so there won't be pre-order in Brazil, for example, but I can buy after the launching date?

On 25/08/2016 at 16:26, F J said:
This restriction will affect the game that the we researchers will receive?

I am not researcher but I am worried with the brazilian ones. They do this hardly for free to be noticed the game won't be sold in Brazil. They take part one of the biggest brazilian forums about the game, an official affiliate always supported the SI helping with the brazilian database . 

I hope, seriously, that situation can be reverted, I have bought the game since 2013 version, +/- when FM started to be sold on Steam too, I wouldn't like to back to play the FM by... non-legal ways. I wanna keep helping the game. Not just me but all brazilian fans. 

21 hours ago, Martini said:

What about licensing?, because most affected countries are the ones with licensing issues, are those leagues going to go "full Japan" like the Japanese League on previous FM?.

I don't know how to run your business but I expect a severe backlash if playable leagues aren't announced, the scene changed, Germany and Brazil are major leagues and markets.

Could I, here on Chile, play the german and brazilian leagues? (even with fake names?.

It's what probably will happen

As already said, the only change is, that you can't pre-order or buy the game in those countries. But you will still be able to activate a copy or a key you have bougth elswhere. In Germany it's that way for years, but there are people from Germany playing a legal copy of the game they had ordered and bought online.

Archived