How Old Are You?

Started with 99/00, played every iteration since and have yet to win the premiership. Ever. Had a decent run with Wycombe in that first game where I won the FA cup and got Thurrock into the premier league in FM12, but that would be about it in terms of success stories. Still, there's been something about each of the games that I've enjoyed and I'm sure I'll pick up 17 in a couple of months!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 and been playing since CM 03/04...before then I played various football manager sims including Premier Manager 97/98, 98/99 on Playstation and FA Premier League Manager 00/01 & 01/02 on PC.

Only FM I didn't buy was FM09. Each year my FM playing times went up, excluding the last couple where it curbed off a bit due to getting married.

I am 34 in a couple of months, I have been playing since championship manager 1 and have played every CM/FM game except FM live.
I used to play for more hours than i care to admit when i was a younger :D i have slowed a lot now i'm older but i still play when i can, i still have the odd day when i start playing in the evening, then look up and its light again outside :eek:  i put it down to still enjoying it as much now as i did when i was younger...i'm just not as good at it now :lol: 
I used to buy it every release day until i started going out with my misses 14 years ago, she has brought it every year since for my birthday which is just a few weeks after it gets released and damn does those weeks drag ! :D

I'm 42.

In the pre-CM/FM era, back in the late '80's and early '90's, I used to play Tracksuit Manager on the C64 and then (when the tape got tangled up in the taperecorder) Ultimate Soccer Manager on a 286. Then I got hooked on CM/FM and the rest is history. I play less than  I did a couple of years ago but still going strong in lower league management.

On 23 August 2016 at 23:13, Mattyboy89 said:

I'm 27. I've been playing football manager type games since Premier Manager 97. What a game that was! Used to breeze through seasons in about an hour :lol:

I've played every iteration of FM. 

97446-PremierManager97.jpg

Turning 29 next month. Still playing like a child. And yeah, I've started back then with that one..

Archived