How Old Are You?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I'm 36 and been playing CM/FM way back in time of the mighty Amiga 500 and floppy disks era, I seem to remember playing Champ Manager Italia as my first edition, in the days of Sensible Soccer

Wow feeling old now....

I loved sensible soccer on the Atari ST...my first love! Along with Kick off, Dungeon Master and Brian Cloughs Football Fortune.  Memories :-)

39.  Played it from the first Champ Man and have bought every single edition except for 2015.  Not as into the game as I used to be, find it a lot more of a frustrating experience these days but it's still amazing when everything clicks.

I am 34 and been playing football management games since the ZX spectrum. I still purchase the game every year although the playing time goes down.

My 10 year old son has become obsessed with FM and will happily talk about newgens, wonderkids, and tactics for hours.

46 the week after next. Been playing management games since the original game on the Spectrum, and have played an insane amount of them inbetween including loads of mail order ones for the same machine and the Amiga. 

First of the 'Collyer' breed was the original Champ Man, but it was the 93/94 game with the real player names that it really took off, and then there was Champ Man 01/02, the daddy of them all. 

In FM terms I've had every one since FM05 apart from FM09 which I missed for some reason. 

FM15 my favourite of the lot in terms of overall gameplay and ME, FM16 my favourite for presentation. 

40 years young 

I can blame CM (and to a lesser extent FM) for dour grades in GCSEs, A-levels and a failed degree :)

The game has improved my understanding of football and also football has improved my understanding of the game.

Paul Warhurst will NEVER be bettered :)

46, the first one I played was CM93, and it was miles ahead of other football management games at the time. The day I bought CM2 I also bought new CD-ROM unit, and it was worth every cent (or Tolar, which was the currency here at the time). I played a lot until CM01/02 and bought every version until FM08, but didn't play that much anymore.

I returned to the series with FM13 and never really stopped playing since. 

Glad to see I'm not quite the youngest here, I'm 15. FM16 is my first full version of the game, I tried the FM15 demo, didn't like the fact that I couldn't control the players, but this year I came back and fell in love with the game. My first football game was FIFA 07, which remains my favorite. Being an American who's been obsessed with the beautiful game for years, my exposure to football isn't that expansive with only the Premier League, Bundesliga, select Champions/Europa League games and major international tournaments and qualifiers being available to me, so FM has doubled my knowledge and it is the perfect game for someone like me who loves immersive games, vast swaths of data, and realistic detail. I'm very happy that FM is part of my young life and I'm very excited to continue with it as I get older.

I'm 33 and like many others, I've been playing since the first incarnations of Championship Manager on my Amiga... had every single version since including the early special edition Italy / Spain / France leagues (they used to be separate!)

Certainly had my moneys worth from the franchise and will continue to buy the latest, there may be slow progress some years but time player per pound makes this game amazing value for money! :)

It's also amazing how much football history and knowledge you can pick up from playing the game, I can name players and managers, even coaches and who they were with in years gone by, although sometimes you do confuse a game-generated player for a real one from history from time to time in your head lol.

Best player I've ever had in any game was in CM97/98, a left back called Sam Bibbo (I think, he was a game generated player many seasons in) who no word of a lie, scored in every game one season. He was set as free kick taker and penalty taker but when he got on the ball (I played him as a wing back) and if it was near the box, you just knew it would be a goal! :) He never re-produced that form but was always in double figures for the remaining seasons. Fond memories... 

10 hours ago, Mattyboy89 said:

I'm 27. I've been playing football manager type games since Premier Manager 97. What a game that was! Used to breeze through seasons in about an hour :lol:

I've played every iteration of FM. 

97446-PremierManager97.jpg

Oh man, i loved that game. Me and my mate went through a buttload of seasons one day, years and years ago.
When we were about to finish the mouse fell down and hit the power button on the computer.
Everything was lost.

Haven't played it since :D

45, today. 

Started with CM01/02 on XBox and then moved on to 02/03, also on Xbox. 

Got my first PC in 2005 when I bought CM01/02 and then later on CM4. 

Left the CM/FM scene until late 2013 when curiosity got the better of me and I purchased FM14. Have not played any other game since and can't see myself doing so for the foreseeable future. I love this game. :thup:

I play mainly when I have time off work, today for instance, and when it's quiet on my night shifts. 

28 and loving the game more than ever, my first was 01/02 a two season long demo! That got me hooked, I played as Arsenal and my friend as Wolves loaned him Pennant and Jeffers and watched him win Division One. Great memories.

24. FM07 was the first FM I played by borrowing my brother's game and have every game starting FM08 myself.

Thought 12 would be my final game as I lost interest at the time, but Classic/Touch brought me back into the series.

Archived