How Old Are You?

I read in another thread a couple of posts about FM gamers ages and that one guy was wondering if at 39 he had reached the end of the road with FM but then somebody else said that at the age of 64 he was still loving the game. So what player ages do we have on this forum? Also have you managed to keep your game time up through the years.

I'm 42 now but way way back on CM2 I was single and still living with my parents, i used to play until about 1am most nights even though I had a 4am alarm call for work. Through the years my game time decreased due to getting married and becoming a homeowner but i would say now my game time is increasing again. My wife doesn't really understand the game but she doesn't really mind if i'm up until midnight playing it. Bless her!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, michael said:

I read in another thread a couple of posts about FM gamers ages and that one guy was wondering if at 39 he had reached the end of the road with FM but then somebody else said that at the age of 64 he was still loving the game. So what player ages do we have on this forum? Also have you managed to keep your game time up through the years.

I'm 42 now but way way back on CM2 I was single and still living with my parents, i used to play until about 1am most nights even though I had a 4am alarm call for work. Through the years my game time decreased due to getting married and becoming a homeowner but i would say now my game time is increasing again. My wife doesn't really understand the game but she doesn't really mind if i'm up until midnight playing it. Bless her!!

3 hours ago, michael said:

67 playing since the begining and before the begining when football management games were board games.  Now I am retired I have even more time to play the game

39, played the original but didn't pick up another copy until CM01/02. Damn game has used up far too many hours of my life & probably too much money as until a few years ago CM/FM was the only PC game I player but I would always have to upgrade my PC so that I could run every league at a decent speed,

At least I now play a much broader range of PC titles & is an unexpected positive outcome of the move to Steam only activation although now I have a massive library of games picked up during the seasonal sales & there are too many that have hardly been touched.

I'm 34 and a responsible adult. I've been playing since the early days when I used to leave the house for school, wait till mum left, re-enter the house and play all day when I just didn't fancy double Maths on a Friday afternoon. Luckily I saw the error of my ways and dropped Maths.

I'm 42 and have been playing since FM10 was an LMA man before that and many other football manager games before that.

FM is pretty much the only game I play now, might have a little dabble with others but only briefly as I see it as using up time that I could be playing FM, can't really see me stopping anytime soon.

I'm 27 and have been playing since CM2. Owned every version on the way through to now and even looking at becoming a researcher for FM17. The Mrs understands my need to relax and zone out so really doesn't moan about me playing (keeps me quiet and out of her hair too). I probably play it just as much now as I ever have done.

Hello. I'm new to these forums but have been playing the game since Champ Manager Italia 93/94. I'm 37 and still play whenever I can. Marriage/kids means I don't play as often as I used to but still manage at least a few hours a day. 

37, and been playing Champ Man, as we used to call it, since the beginning.

Long summers off from boarding school spent at my cousin's house playing Champ Man-a-thons lasting well into the early hours.

Happy days.

51 (until Sunday) and I knew virtually nothing about FM or soccer/football in general until I bought FM'09 on a whim. My wife still curses that day, and even more the day when I moved from desktop to laptop and I could take FM all over the house. 

I am that 64 year old.

Played nearly every iteration and still think the game kicks!

What is just as interesting has been the amazing debates and discussions on this forum, heated or otherwise, with FM luminaries from Cleon to www to us mere punters. I remember the great FMBritain debate, over charging for third party bits and pieces, that was heavy. Along with some fantastical tactical and strategical debates and disagreements.

This forum used to burn hot at times. May it continue to do so.

I'm 22 and been playing since fm 07 (feels a lot longer than it probably is) with luck i'll have plenty more years ahead of me (certainly next year as am a student and completing my Masters degree) still on fm 15 as i've got a 15 year save going which i want to keep on with :) 

50....and I've bought every iteration of this game since I first discovered in in the early-mid 90's (US Air Force stationed in England).....I get well over 1k hours (upwards of 1500 usually) each iteration of the game!

32 - been an addict since peering over my dads shoulder while he played CM2.  I was at primary school I think - he managed to add me as a manager and let me manage palace while he dominated with Charlton and stole all my best players.  Happy Days!

Archived