Sports Interactive Community

I read in another thread a couple of posts about FM gamers ages and that one guy was wondering if at 39 he had reached the end of the road with FM but then somebody else said that at the age of 64 he was still loving the game. So what player ages do we have on this forum? Also have you managed to keep your game time up through the years.

I'm 42 now but way way back on CM2 I was single and still living with my parents, i used to play until about 1am most nights even though I had a 4am alarm call for work. Through the years my game time decreased due to getting married and becoming a homeowner but i would say now my game time is increasing again. My wife doesn't really understand the game but she doesn't really mind if i'm up until midnight playing it. Bless her!!

just turned 48 yesterday and play more now then i ever did. Been playing since 2004, i think. thats when i joined forums 

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

I'm 33, and old enough to know better and seriously considering hanging up my FM boots. Like nightclubs and Viz magazine, FM ain't what it used to be, and this is perhaps due to my age.

34 and feeling every second of it... luckily the wife is younger. Been playing since CM3

3 hours ago, michael said:

I read in another thread a couple of posts about FM gamers ages and that one guy was wondering if at 39 he had reached the end of the road with FM but then somebody else said that at the age of 64 he was still loving the game. So what player ages do we have on this forum? Also have you managed to keep your game time up through the years.

I'm 42 now but way way back on CM2 I was single and still living with my parents, i used to play until about 1am most nights even though I had a 4am alarm call for work. Through the years my game time decreased due to getting married and becoming a homeowner but i would say now my game time is increasing again. My wife doesn't really understand the game but she doesn't really mind if i'm up until midnight playing it. Bless her!!

3 hours ago, michael said:

67 playing since the begining and before the begining when football management games were board games.  Now I am retired I have even more time to play the game

33 been playing since day one ... don't get much time these days for actual long term saves, but never go long without loading up a current save or attempting a new challenge.

37. Played every single version of CM and FM. Can't see myself not playing, since I'm still an avid gamer of all sorts of games.

39, played the original but didn't pick up another copy until CM01/02. Damn game has used up far too many hours of my life & probably too much money as until a few years ago CM/FM was the only PC game I player but I would always have to upgrade my PC so that I could run every league at a decent speed,

At least I now play a much broader range of PC titles & is an unexpected positive outcome of the move to Steam only activation although now I have a massive library of games picked up during the seasonal sales & there are too many that have hardly been touched.

I'm 34 and a responsible adult. I've been playing since the early days when I used to leave the house for school, wait till mum left, re-enter the house and play all day when I just didn't fancy double Maths on a Friday afternoon. Luckily I saw the error of my ways and dropped Maths.

I'm 42 and have been playing since FM10 was an LMA man before that and many other football manager games before that.

FM is pretty much the only game I play now, might have a little dabble with others but only briefly as I see it as using up time that I could be playing FM, can't really see me stopping anytime soon.

48 and been playing since the first CM and have bought every version, still love the game and find it an escape from real life work pressures.

41 this year, loving the games, been playing since the very first edition that I got for my Amiga 1200.

>60 and still enjoying the game. It has certainly come a long way since I started playing when it started as Championship Manager as part of Domark. A marvellous, immersive game!

28 and I've been playing since CM4 days. Also dabbled in some LMA Manager. In love with the series more than ever!

I'm 27 and have been playing since CM2. Owned every version on the way through to now and even looking at becoming a researcher for FM17. The Mrs understands my need to relax and zone out so really doesn't moan about me playing (keeps me quiet and out of her hair too). I probably play it just as much now as I ever have done.

Hello. I'm new to these forums but have been playing the game since Champ Manager Italia 93/94. I'm 37 and still play whenever I can. Marriage/kids means I don't play as often as I used to but still manage at least a few hours a day. 

37, and been playing Champ Man, as we used to call it, since the beginning.

Long summers off from boarding school spent at my cousin's house playing Champ Man-a-thons lasting well into the early hours.

Happy days.

25 and being playing for a good few years now. Champ Man, LMA Manager, Champ Man Online (still devastated to this day that it got shut down) and now Football Manager.

30 been playing since champ man 99/00 fair chance i would be married with kids without this game :lol:

51 (until Sunday) and I knew virtually nothing about FM or soccer/football in general until I bought FM'09 on a whim. My wife still curses that day, and even more the day when I moved from desktop to laptop and I could take FM all over the house. 

31 and been playing since CM2. I've actually been playing CM01/02 a lot recently after the Everton story on The Set Pieces.

I am that 64 year old.

Played nearly every iteration and still think the game kicks!

What is just as interesting has been the amazing debates and discussions on this forum, heated or otherwise, with FM luminaries from Cleon to www to us mere punters. I remember the great FMBritain debate, over charging for third party bits and pieces, that was heavy. Along with some fantastical tactical and strategical debates and disagreements.

This forum used to burn hot at times. May it continue to do so.

Edited by Kazza

29. Been playing the series since my father brought me a pirated copy (sorry si) of CM2 from Estonia about 20 years ago.

I'm 22 and been playing since fm 07 (feels a lot longer than it probably is) with luck i'll have plenty more years ahead of me (certainly next year as am a student and completing my Masters degree) still on fm 15 as i've got a 15 year save going which i want to keep on with :) 

soon to be 50 - been playing since the original version, I also used to have to upgrade my PC when versions came out. I remember having to buy my 1st mouse and cd drive!

42 here, been playing FM off and on since CM 01/02. It's an awesome game but man it sure does trigger my analysis paralysis.

50....and I've bought every iteration of this game since I first discovered in in the early-mid 90's (US Air Force stationed in England).....I get well over 1k hours (upwards of 1500 usually) each iteration of the game!

Nice to see some older guys here, for some reason makes me respect the community even more. Tempted to create threads asking for life advice :D

32 - been an addict since peering over my dads shoulder while he played CM2.  I was at primary school I think - he managed to add me as a manager and let me manage palace while he dominated with Charlton and stole all my best players.  Happy Days!

17, will turn 18 in November and have been playing since FM11.

FM time has decreased a bit for me because of studies but I still like this game.

I'm 30 and have been playing since CM2 Italia, have maybe missed 1 iteration of the game in that time (99/00 I think) and FM 16 is close to becoming my most played yet.