Sports Interactive Community
ITFCadam

Game crashing on load screen.

Hi, I have only just purchased the game on a MacBook running OS Lion 10.7.5. Literally 2 seconds after i hit the game launch icon the game crashes. Frustrating. I have tried all the suggested solutions after a quick search on here but still no good. Can anyone help? Thanks

FM 2016 v16.3.2.830540 (2016.08.14 17.55.10).dmp

I purchased the game via CDkeys. Does this mean a refund will be difficult? Unfair if so.

I will need to know your Mac System Specifications in order to help you. 

Regarding where you purchased your game from thats a question for the retailer. We don't sell the game directly.

Can you check that you've installed all of your OS updates? 

To what point is the game crashing - do you see the game launch at all, does the opening video play?

Everything is up to date on the Mac. Most of the time the screen flashes black for a second and that's it. But bizarrely on the odd occasion it runs through the opening vid up to the league logos then crashes. It's driving me nuts and annoying that I've basically chucked my money down the drain.

Have you ever been able to launch the game at all properly and get through the screens even just once?

Did you download any third party content and install before running the game?

Never. Not got past legume logo screen.

No, didn't get that far.  Bought game, installed and tried to play. 

What I would try now is a complete uninstall and reinstall to verify that there wasn't an issue with the installation. 

Beyond that unfortunately there isn't any more suggestions I can make for you regarding this, apologies for that.

Well that's disappointing. Retailers won't refund and you guys can't fix your games faults. I'm left out of pocket with no game because of something that's beyond my control. 

Did you try to start the game in forced window mode?

in steam click on FM 2016 -->   Right click > Properties > Set Launch Options

-small_screen -windowed 

Okay, another try. Setup a second user account and start the game with this new account.

No, a new user account on your mac. It's in the system pref. (apple top left) , user & groups.

having the same problem but mine was working fine up until a few days ago and then this started happening. Has anyone found a fix?

Fixed it on mine this worked for me. Just go into documents -> sports interactive and delete everything inside the folder then start the game up.

You can try the above; that has worked in cases where the game crashes when it reaches the loading screen for some users. 

If you can give a bit of detail about your crash that would be helpful -- you mention it's occurring as soon as you press play, does anything not appear for the game at all? The loading videos for example?