Sports Interactive Community
Greeny96

[Discussion] Persuading Players to Open Contract Negotiations

I've had the issue where I am trying to attract players from higher reputation teams and they are never interested in opening contract talks with me. I then try to persuade them into joining and have tried various conversation choices to do so. 

Despite various attempts to do this I have never convinced a player to start contract talks.

Is this a reoccurring issue for other users and if so what could be done about it for FM 2017?

I also cannot recall ever getting this to work even when offering the highest possible enticement response choice, but I guess that's the point: It's very rare. Would be nice if you could send one of your current players to go talk to him, say someone on the same national team or someone who played with them at a previous club, for example.

I have found success with the 'we have the upmost respect for your talent option' but it only works with players around your level. So the last time I recall it working, I signed a League 2 player for a League 2 club.

On 10/08/2016 at 11:26, Weston said:

I also cannot recall ever getting this to work even when offering the highest possible enticement response choice, but I guess that's the point: It's very rare. Would be nice if you could send one of your current players to go talk to him, say someone on the same national team or someone who played with them at a previous club, for example.

Or with some kind of relationship with, nice idea @Weston

I contrated Schweisteiger to Flamengo saying he would be the captain, but my team is in Continental Level (3,5 stars)

The feature does work already. There have been multiple threads in GD and on Reddit where users were able to persuade a player to join. I've done it myself too, more than once.

It's a feature that can be expanded and maybe even give you more feedback though.