Sports Interactive Community
Conan21

Time Between Stadiums

How long after having a stadium built can you have another one built?

I saw someone say it was hard coded to 20-25 years between each build but I wasn't sure about it.

If that is the case what is the understanding behind it? If it's not; is it purely situational?

Edited by Conan21

It used to be minimum 20 years hardcoded into the game, but it might have been changed. I'm assuming the reason is that building a new stadium twice in shorter time than that is unheard of and a giant waste of money for any serious club in real life. 

On top of this, most new stadiums built in game tend to come with expansion capacity on top. It's pretty rare to get a new stadium in game that can't be expanded.

Yeah my old stadium max capacity was 5,000. My new one is capacity if 5,000, expandable to 10,000. I'm in the Championship now and hope to be in the Premier League in 2 years so was hoping the time between stadiums wouldn't be so long.

Really broken the staidum thing this year, another backwards step, its possible they ignore the max capacity and go bigger though, I had a 2.5k one in the Prem, only expandle to 9k ,only built about 15 year ago, stuck in it for another 10 year but it somehow got to 21k, but now its maxed and have to wait another 10 year to get a better one cos of an imaginary rule SI thought up cos they only thought you'd play with Man city for 3 seasons :)