3D Engine Features

johnnysmallz

I don't know if this is silly but i was just thought adding some things like:

Players can be stretchered off (Actual Paramedics come onto the field)

Addition of things like visible injuries like broken legs

Spray the ball area and wall line when set piece is to be taken

Visible eccentricity of players e.g hyping up the fans, or incidents with players on pitch e.g Diego Costa and Gabriel Paulista

Indirect free kicks from inside the penalty are if a keeper picks up a back pass

When cup competitions are won, lifting of trophies and receiving medals

Pitch invasions (Would be funny) 

Players actually coming out of tunnels and shaking hands etc

Some training

Signs of wear on turf e.g when a slide tackle is made

Ball boys actually fetch balls rather than crouch for the whole game

"Fans can't be contained the wardens have to hold them back" Meanwhile on the match engine the fans are just jumping up and down and orange coat wardens just stand still.

Flags in the crowd e.g the huge gunner flag waved around in the stadium

Crowd chants and visuals like the Mexican wave

More realistic 3D stadiums like the huge nets around the pitch which separates the fans and pitch in certain stadiums.

Players lap of appreciation to the fans after last game of season

These are just some ideas i know a few may be over the top or silly but leave your comments on which you agree with and some you think are best they stay out of the Match Engine :)

+1 to all the ideas and I have a few to add:

Players should run over to the hug the manager on the touchline at certain times.

Fans should have signs saying "Manager out" if the club is doing badly.

The burger van should be clickable. Clicking the burger van makes someone appear and buy a burger.

The number of fans in the ground should visibly decrease when fans are leaving early.

Streaker/Pitch invader

Include a "bending over to catch breath" animation for when players are tired.

"mini fights" for example after a big tackle the two players have words with each other.

General post match 3D engine - Trophy ceremonies! Also the time for handshakes, shirt swaps, ref confrontation and/or the crowd voicing displeasure.

General pre-match 3D engine - Guards of honour! Perhaps have the crowd gradually filling up, groundsmen the pitch, teams warming up, coin toss etc.

Mexican waves

3 hours ago, YKW said:

+1 to all the ideas and I have a few to add:

Players should run over to the hug the manager on the touchline at certain times.

The burger van should be clickable. Clicking the burger van makes someone appear and buy a burger.

The number of fans in the ground should visibly decrease when fans are leaving early.

Streaker/Pitch invader

Include a "bending over to catch breath" animation for when players are tired.

"mini fights" for example after a big tackle the two players have words with each other.

General post match 3D engine - Trophy ceremonies! Also the time for handshakes, shirt swaps, ref confrontation and/or the crowd voicing displeasure.

General pre-match 3D engine - Guards of honour! Perhaps have the crowd gradually filling up, groundsmen the pitch, teams warming up, coin toss etc.

Mexican waves

You have some really good ideas too, hopefully someone from SI takes a look at this and adds it into FM17 or make n update for FM16. Would be really cool!

I would like to have in the club/manager profile page, in addition of the records, having a showroom page with trophies placed here and there so when my girlfriend ask me why I am playing this I could have something to show for my achievement : D

• 3 weeks later...

I like a lot of these ideas - but I want to see a proper 3d match engine on pc that is designed for modern gaming pcs in other words one that's realistic and makes the matches exciting. I think that we have been patient now waiting for them to overhaul the 3d match engine - and its time now for a full new engine that utilises the power of modern pcs.  The 3d match engine looks awful - the create a manager mode exposed how laughable it really is - and they need to invest in giving us a proper one.  The amount of people that buy fifa each year and try to play as a manager on that is sad as it really shows up how this area is  missing in football management games - giving modern pc gamers a android 3d match engine that looks so bad is insulting and many people have stopped buying yearly and like me only buy once every 3 or so years now so they are losing customers.  Its fine that some of you accept the yearly 2000 extra animations and so on and maybe you even play just in text modes that's up to you but I like a lot of other players aren't buying the games as we want to see the beautiful game LOOK beautiful on our pcs............seriously its 2016.......why cant we expect a good 3d match engine that really excites you when you watch it? Why cant sega do a deal with ea or even pes and use their engines? It would bring in lots more players make them loads of money......its fine if you guys are happy as it is ...but they are losing lots of new players and players like me that don't play because I enjoy looking through the data base or at stats I want to manage a team and watch the outcome of my  decisions in glorious 3d...........no new 3d match engine this year again and I wont buy it.

Yes Maaka your right it would cost money but the influx of new players would pay for it and I just used ea and pes engines as an example really of the kind of graphics we SHOULD be getting now with what is now the ONLY football management game on pc worth buying....its because of this lack of competition though that the game is now so lacking on substantial improvements and moving forward that people are not buying it every year. Hunt3r I appreciate that SI may want to do things themselves as it is cheaper for them to do so but how on earth can you talk about them having pride in their work when you saw the reviews and screenshots of the create a manager part. The 3d match engine and manager models are fine if they are on a tablet but for a modern pc this is utter garbage and if they do have pride in this outdated graphics engine then they have lost touch with their customer base.  There are loads of fans of football manager out there that I talk to that like me are not buying it yearly now as they see no reason to as SI aren't moving it forward.  I await their announcement about more animations and grass that moves and rubbish like that when yet again they try to talk over the fact there has been no investment in upgrading the 3d match engine.   Many people are happy with text matches and 2d matches but I am not and I'm not the only one that wants to see a substantial upgrade to the 3d engine.  I cant make SI listen to me but I can like last year not buy their game.  I will wait to see if 2017 has a new engine or not before I buy as if it doesn't again I will be skipping this years edition also. Its laughable my tablet is running the same graphics match engine on 2016 touch that my NVidia 1070 is on my pc and there is no excuse for this lack of investment - this is one of pcs best sellers and rated high on steam - as well as they have little competition - its due to this fact that they have started to just update the data base and shove out the same thing each year.

3 minutes ago, ukjon said:

Yes Maaka your right it would cost money but the influx of new players would pay for it

That's very narrowminded though. A large amount of people play this game on very low spec pcs which will definitely not be able to handle FIFA/PES graphics and a proper ME behind it.

On 8/2/2016 at 10:45, YKW said:

I can already imagine the first time I notice my name on a banner in the stands and excitedly take a closer look only to find it's a disgruntled fan wanting me sacked :lol: 

great ideas, 3D match view & match engine are the most necessary areas that FM needs huge improvement. Hopefully this year we will be able to see some of these ides; would be really nice!

- Id like to see the teams warming up pre match, entering the stadium and shaking hands.

- an audio file can be imported to play national anthems or competition anthems before games to improve immersion.

- different net types, stadiums and ball boys.

- Special features for testimonials or charity matches.

The pc gaming community are used to games being able to scale to their system requirements by putting graphical settings on low medium or high for a very basic example - to say that I am "very narrowminded though. A large amount of people play this game on very low spec pcs which will definitely not be able to handle FIFA/PES graphics and a proper ME behind it" is really silly is it not?  Basically you are defending them for not bothering to make big improvements on the 3d match engine which is just not acceptable.  The fact is they are using a 3d match engine that looks like it is for tablets - the modern ones can even run it - and its really disappointing they don't produce a proper one that makes use of pcs hardware allowing people to obviously use custom settings so that it will run on their hardware although to be quite honest I would also have to say to you that even the modern fifa games engine and in particular the new 2017 ones graphics engines actually don't need that high a spec pc to run..........so there is no excuse.   Obviously their graphic engine probably wouldn't match fifas I understand that but if they tried at least each year making big improvements people would be happy. A sensible soccer style old school graphics is not going to draw in new customers.

Everyone looks forward to watching a good football match - but with football manager there is no real build up - no feeling of pre game excitement - there is no commentary before or during game which also massively spoils the realism as its to quiet and it would be nice to hear a commentator talk about the new wonder kid you have just put on the pitch............I really want to see football manager improve each year and if you are a fan of the game you too should want to see major strides forward otherwise they are going to just lose players who wont buy it each year and you will end up with a worse game in the long run.   I'm not being negative I just want to buy the game soon but wont till I see the 3d match engine receive a real upgrade.  Many people stopped buying fifa manger as they wouldn't upgrade the match engine but it appears again people that love to watch the game of football not look at spreadsheets or text commentary are overlooked yet we are a big customer base so its a bit daft really.  

Anyway lets hope the 3d match engine does get a decent overhaul this year as that will be good for all of us even those of you happy to watch the matches via text commentary as the more people that buy the game the better it will become.  Maybe sega should go to creative assembly and ask them for help with the 3d graphics engine well you never know ..................maybe they could help! Total Football Manager......................sounds good to me.

6 hours ago, ukjon said:

The pc gaming community are used to games being able to scale to their system requirements by putting graphical settings on low medium or high for a very basic example - to say that I am "very narrowminded though. A large amount of people play this game on very low spec pcs which will definitely not be able to handle FIFA/PES graphics and a proper ME behind it" is really silly is it not?  Basically you are defending them for not bothering to make big improvements on the 3d match engine which is just not acceptable.  The fact is they are using a 3d match engine that looks like it is for tablets - the modern ones can even run it - and its really disappointing they don't produce a proper one that makes use of pcs hardware allowing people to obviously use custom settings so that it will run on their hardware although to be quite honest I would also have to say to you that even the modern fifa games engine and in particular the new 2017 ones graphics engines actually don't need that high a spec pc to run..........so there is no excuse.   Obviously their graphic engine probably wouldn't match fifas I understand that but if they tried at least each year making big improvements people would be happy. A sensible soccer style old school graphics is not going to draw in new customers.

Everyone looks forward to watching a good football match - but with football manager there is no real build up - no feeling of pre game excitement - there is no commentary before or during game which also massively spoils the realism as its to quiet and it would be nice to hear a commentator talk about the new wonder kid you have just put on the pitch............I really want to see football manager improve each year and if you are a fan of the game you too should want to see major strides forward otherwise they are going to just lose players who wont buy it each year and you will end up with a worse game in the long run.   I'm not being negative I just want to buy the game soon but wont till I see the 3d match engine receive a real upgrade.  Many people stopped buying fifa manger as they wouldn't upgrade the match engine but it appears again people that love to watch the game of football not look at spreadsheets or text commentary are overlooked yet we are a big customer base so its a bit daft really.  

Ideally, we all want FIFA-style graphics, obviously. Where will that money come from if they throw half their customers away with FIFA-style graphics all of a sudden? The graphics needs to improve and it will. Maybe it needs to make slightly more advancements, but that's for SI to decide.

There's a lot of effort being put into the game over the last few years, from a graphics point of view. Weather recieved a bit of an overhaul, there's a new lighting system and day/night cycle in place. Stadiums look better than before. Mo-cap was added and every year we're getting a ton of new animations. The improvements won't stop there as there's clearly some focus on the graphics side of things.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/08/2016 at 17:45, YKW said:

:lol::lol: omg. That's the best thing I've read in ages.

I've been asking for a Trophy presentation in the 3D match engine for years. Just a simple animation of the team walking up onto a podium and capitano to lift some generic cup/thing to the roar of the crowd. Let's face it, those are the moments everyone feels like they've won something IRL, final whistle and when the cup gets lifted.  Winning stuff really needs something more than a couple of news items.

I think each and every year, we will see more and more animations in the 3D Pitch. Cant possibly add thousands and thousands at once. Frustrating I know, but the game keeps getting better. I have a feeling FM17 will be the biggest jump yet in terms of match engine quality (both animations and graphics and hoping sounds get a bit of a bump)

I'm guessing that an average FM player would like to have advanced graphics in 3D engine BUT things that are interactive would mean much more such as players coming side for celebration or fans showing love for managers... 

What I recommend would be being able to see how player acts;

• acting angry? on a yellow card? take him off.
  • acting hyped? maybe don't change because he can score?
  • acting hopeless after conceding 2nd goal? Talk privately on halftime and see if he changes his mood.

This sort of details is what I'm looking for in 3d games.

On 28/09/2016 at 12:37, FurkanMumcu said:

I'm guessing that an average FM player would like to have advanced graphics in 3D engine BUT things that are interactive would mean much more such as players coming side for celebration or fans showing love for managers... 

What I recommend would be being able to see how player acts;

• acting angry? on a yellow card? take him off.
  • acting hyped? maybe don't change because he can score?
  • acting hopeless after conceding 2nd goal? Talk privately on halftime and see if he changes his mood.

This sort of details is what I'm looking for in 3d games.

I think SI understand most players watch highlights of games which wouldn't necessarily show enough animation to be noticeable.  I understand where you're coming from.  But they already have a view to see players current mood in a list during the game, and players do already have animations that show their reactions like head in hands and a miss or arguing with ref with their arms out in protest and hands on hips hanging heads after conceding.

4 hours ago, stevomcdevo said:

Not sure enough people are getting on this bandwagon for my liking.

It always makes me laugh to see "BURGER" on the side of a pitch in a country that surely doesn't know English or even eat burgers

On 9/28/2016 at 05:37, FurkanMumcu said:

Celebrations would be super easy to improve upon for a massive boost in emotional response to playing the game

• 2 months later...

Archived