[FM16] The slow slog through Europe!

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've speed-read all of this this morning, probably my favourite career of yours so far, very interesting. Looks as if your stint with Parnu has been one of the most successful yet, just lacking that league title which would be a big achievement, fingers crossed it's this year.

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

I've speed-read all of this this morning, probably my favourite career of yours so far, very interesting. Looks as if your stint with Parnu has been one of the most successful yet, just lacking that league title which would be a big achievement, fingers crossed it's this year.

Thanks noikeee, I'm glad you're enjoying it that much, hopefully I can finish off my time in Estonia wit a league-cup double.

4 hours ago, deltablue said:

It was looking so good earlier but I hope you hold on.

Same here, we seem to like choking though.

July 2026

11272f53f586bc122d25ac9820294ea0.png

10098c9c60ac6b78add0bfd237af0493.png

We blew Europe big time winning 3-1 at home against one of my former clubs and then lost 4-0 away sinking without a trace..on the bright side whilst we failed in Europe we're succeeding in the league as FC Flora have faltered and we've retaken the lead in the title race.

End of Season 2026

10014538a57b656d30942a6751d7b242.png

86547be52493db9e12b1107daac4165d.png

We actually finished the season in style for a change and we win the title by 9 points! Double winners in my last season in charge!! :D

8add3c2fd100fe223a00df4071829748.png

60c14d8d2212312a6b4497e32b1ced78.png

ccfa4ebfe72ab12dece6bca7a3c020ae.png

Alexandr Soshnikov

Georgy Pavlov

Andres Puri

Stipe Ivanusec

Goal of the Season

db3b7b11bd866e8b6e6934b7156c45f6.png

260cb2d544807adc29eeb67aa5428ee0.png

There are 81 job openings right now, I've applied for all of them.

Dijon FCO logo.svg

600px-Stade_Gaston_G%C3%A9rard.jpg

e3301b9d8b992fa62c9ede312c2a4a7e.png

Dijon Football Côte d'Or, commonly referred to as Dijon FCO or simply Dijon) is a French association football club based in Dijon. The club was founded in 1998 as a result of a merger between two local clubs in the city, and competed in Ligue 2 after suffering relegation from Ligue 1 in the 2011–12 season. The club earned promotion back to Ligue 1 at the end of the 2015-16 season.

62cba70da687ee5c45b3b186b20adc52.png

ebf519f55b27ffc3f6d45b1699ce74b6.png

1b2148bf131b31c4ec72a94da26f414e.png

This is my shot, I'm managing a team in a very big country, can I hit the ground running and make a name for myself in the big-ish leagues?

3d78d65486f154cb88fb76b43d77280b.png

It's still worth a shot..

cf8d2f9d077f7bd9df839f1b9192853e.png

Cyril Mercier

Rasheed Onuh

Luka Merdovic

6 hours ago, noikeee said:

Well that's quite a step up in the career, I like it. Earned it with two national titles (Andorra and Estonia), too.

It was one of 4 offers I was really interested, the others being Russian 1st Division side KamAZ but they were only offering £350 p/w, Hungarian side Puskas Akademia and League One's Luton Town.

6 hours ago, Koetzer said:

Canada and Czech Republic in the final. Did they change the rules before tournament to play on ice? :D 

Well Canada were hosting it :D

2 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Good luck in France Makoto :)

Thanks Northernpilgrim :)

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Excellent opportunity.

Let's hope so!

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Do you mind if I ask what your thinking was behind "disable player attribute masking" at the start?

It's how I've always had it since I started playing Football Manager, I've not really thought about it to much to be honest. It's just become a force of habit.

7 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

What happened to the Hungarian Champions?

EDIT: Also, just wondering - have any San Marino teams turned Semi-Pro? ;) 

The previous Hungarian Champions ended up getting themselves relegated :D

And 7 clubs are Semi-Pro, Domagnano, Folgore / Falciano, Juvenes Dogana, La Fiorita, Pennarossa, Tre Fiori and Tre Penne.

Just now, Makoto Nakamura said:

The previous Hungarian Champions ended up getting themselves relegated :D

And 7 clubs are Semi-Pro, Domagnano, Folgore / Falciano, Juvenes Dogana, La Fiorita, Pennarossa, Tre Fiori and Tre Penne.

I know that... but how? From top to relegated in a year takes some serious skill - even you couldn't pull it off ;)

It's pretty interesting that 7 clubs in San Marino have gone Semi-Pro even without you managing there. I wonder how they'll do long term financially without you there to drag up their TV money.

Wow, what a save so far! Had me hooked straight from the beginning. Hope all keeps going well in France--maybe a decent shot in Europe is soon to come.

I like the slower pace a lot, too. Gets a good sense of your ~universe~ going. I hope your Portuguese youth prospects are developing well.

9 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

I know that... but how? From top to relegated in a year takes some serious skill - even you couldn't pull it off ;)

It's pretty interesting that 7 clubs in San Marino have gone Semi-Pro even without you managing there. I wonder how they'll do long term financially without you there to drag up their TV money.

40c968d8094be6e945dbb28903188e27.png

41ce7d8b09ca93bc0ff3b5574cdba92e.png

I have absolutely no idea in all honesty, they went from being champions of the Hungarian 3rd tier in 2020/21, to 1st tier winners in 5 years and immediately find themselves in the 2nd tier again. And I could try ;) For now all Sammarinese teams are secure financially with San Giovanni being worth the least at £400k and  Tre Penne being worth the most at £1.8m.

2 hours ago, dynaboyj said:

Wow, what a save so far! Had me hooked straight from the beginning. Hope all keeps going well in France--maybe a decent shot in Europe is soon to come.

I like the slower pace a lot, too. Gets a good sense of your ~universe~ going. I hope your Portuguese youth prospects are developing well.

Thanks @dynaboyj it means a lot :DEduardo Cruz (YP5a) is playing in the Portuguese Primeira Liga with Gil Vicente and Ricardo Oliveira (YP6a) is still playing in Atletico Madrid's B Team.

I find it amusing everyone's praising your "slower pace" when you seem to go through a season in one day. I take like 2 weeks for a season. :D

Good job turning it around in Dijon from last to 12th. Dijon might have to start being associated with football for me. Previously I associated Dijon with two other very different things:

76280_GrainedDijonMustard__61001_zoom.pn

:)

6 hours ago, deltablue said:

Good survival season in France. Great seeing Canada win the World Cup as well.

Thanks delta, we've been given no money this season and a wage budget cut so not really any room for improvement. Very surprising seeing Canada win but they do have 2 world superstars in their team which definitely help.

6 hours ago, noikeee said:

I find it amusing everyone's praising your "slower pace" when you seem to go through a season in one day. I take like 2 weeks for a season. :D

Good job turning it around in Dijon from last to 12th. Dijon might have to start being associated with football for me. Previously I associated Dijon with two other very different things::)

Yea haha it is quite odd but it's slower than 3 seasons per day :D Thanks noikeee but I think it will be difficult to improve this season.

Maaan i wish i could be so stone cold when it comes to leaving a team if they sack me fine , if not it tends to get a one save club eventhough i start unemployed or want to go in diferent places and load like a dozen leagues .

BTW can you point me to the topic from where u got this fab DB i might try those Caucasian countries leagues for a change before FM 17 drops out

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

That is harsh by the board.

Very :(

8 minutes ago, setzel said:

Maaan i wish i could be so stone cold when it comes to leaving a team if they sack me fine , if not it tends to get a one save club eventhough i start unemployed or want to go in diferent places and load like a dozen leagues .

BTW can you point me to the topic from where u got this fab DB i might try those Caucasian countries leagues for a change before FM 17 drops out

There you go :)

15 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I'd suggest quitting while you're ahead ;)

I'd only assume getting sacked is a bigger rep loss than resigning.

I'll quit if it's necessary but I want to make it as far as I can, and what good is a career without some troubles :D

Archived