Sports Interactive Community

I've sailed through over ten seasons now, but the last two days I've gotten one of these messages when I've tried to load a saved game:

Luckily, I've kept ten rolling saves, so I've been able to re-start from one of the backup files, but it means I have had to replay November and December three times, without successfully saving the outcome of any of the attempts.

Does this mean that I never, ever get to save and quit the game again? ;)

Low Memory.jpg

runtime error.png

How many players are loaded in your game? You can see this via FM -> Add/Remove leagues.

It may be you have too much detail enabled for your system to handle it and it's running out of memory. Are you on a 32-bit of 64-bit Operating System? 

Thank you, Neil. It is a 64-bit OS. In the mean time, I will adjust the system by removing one of my countries as a playable system. FWIW, the last successful saved game is 118,332 K in size; the "bad" saved files are always smaller than this, usually between 117,900 and 118,150 K in size.

Well, after taking Neil's advice and after dropping a couple of countries, everything worked fine...for about eleven months. Now, it's back to doing the same old "Runtime Error!" message as was posted above. I'll try deleting more leagues and see if that helps, but this is getting ridiculous.

Sorry to hear that. The longer the game goes the more it needs to store and the harder it is for the system to handle it. As asked above, how many players are loaded as shown on the FM-> Add/Remove Leagues screen? It should say in the bottom right hand corner.