Strange/funny things that have happened on Football Manager.

Currently in year 2025 on my save and there sure is a few strange things that have happened. Jamie Carragher manages Derby, Vincent Kompany manages Leeds, and saving the best until last, Steven Fletcher manages Liverpool :lol:

Anyone else have something better to add? 

I don't want to come across as a killjoy, but I wouldn't exactly describe those managerial appointments as 'funny', to be honest. Who is to say that the likes of Carragher, Kompany and Fletcher won't be managing in the PL in a decade's time? Indeed, I fancy Vincent Kompany to become a good manager when he finishes playing, though you can never predict these things with much confidence.

Let's think back to someone playing the first SI version of FM in 2005. They would probably have found it 'funny' had Paolo Di Canio ended up managing Swindon, Aitor Karanka took charge of Middlesbrough, or Oscar Garcia Junyent wound up at Brighton. Those things could - and did - happen, so why not Troy Deeney getting Leeds into the Champions League Quarter Finals in the 2030s or whenever?

That said, in my FM13 save, I did find it hilarious that - after a decade of job-hopping across Europe - Neil Lennon won the Champions League with Empoli and then got the Barcelona job a year or two later! That's the same Neil Lennon who's now managing Hibernian in the Scottish Championship. :lol:

Archived