The Game Values Games Played in Trades Too Much

When making trade offers, many times if you trade a guy who hasn't played in a while, you get the, we aren't really interested, because, player X, hasn't played much recently. That would be understandable, but not when you are offering an AHL player who is playing every day, as if the game only recognizes the NHL as playing games. You also get this a lot, during the offseason, when obviously, no one is playing any games at all, and haven't since April, unless they made the playoffs and Finals and so forth. I have even gotten this response, in past games, after winning the cup on June 5th, and the player in question got hurt on May 22nd and was done for the rest of the playoffs. Definitely needs to be tweaked, in my humble opinion.

I have to agree with this because I've run into the issue quite a lot recently. I'm getting it with top grade prospects and top line NHLers just because they haven't played in a few games in a row when I'm trying to find out if they're surplus to requirements or not.

I'm not much a trading player anymore because it seems it's almost impossible to make a fair trade anymore. I almost always have to overpay. I try and develop my own or sign UFA's. I'm not saying trading is impossible, just that I don't like how it stands right now.

Archived