Peps System

I'm just wondering if you can do the same in fm as Henry and Pep say on an individual basis. The video that really grabbed my attention was how henry explained it well. I've also added Peps chat whilst at Bayern Munich. If you can set instructions individually as they both say could you add your comments on how you do it to work as a whole system.

Henry Video

Pep Video

many thanks

fmfan74

Henry Video

I believe it's something like "Stick to position" and "Be more expressive", cut inside both with and off the ball.

Strange, I always thought you need to play "Roam from position" with Barca to let players to come short and be available for a pass.

Unfortunately you can't give different instructions for certain pitch zones, but I think you can get something similar with rigid or flexible shape? Defenders and midfielders play more disciplined because of lower mentality and strikers have more mentality and freedom.

thanks for the feedback Exius. In one of the videos it shows how pep tells his players to not cross the ball until they are in the final third of the pitch, also not allowing them to cross the ball opposite side of the pitch going diagnol. Wish i could tell my players that in fm, when i instruct players to not cross they at rare times do even when roles are chosen.

thanks for the feedback Exius. In one of the videos it shows how pep tells his players to not cross the ball until they are in the final third of the pitch, also not allowing them to cross the ball opposite side of the pitch going diagnol. Wish i could tell my players that in fm, when i instruct players to not cross they at rare times do even when roles are chosen.

For this I see only one way - to chose roles and duties which have "cross from byline" instruction. If players are doing something different - you can decrease their creative freedom by setting a very rigid formation and/or "stick to position" and "be more disciplinned" instructions.

I'm also struggling from my players doing long diagonals to the opposite flank (and I believe it's not considered a "cross"). Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems in FM 2016 players like to switch the ball to the opposite flank more often than in previous games.

Archived