FM16 - The hunt for the old lady - Take 3

Muggert

THE HUNT FOR THE OLD LADY - TAKE 3

Background:

Time to bring immersion into my FM once again. I'm back hunting for the Juventus position. I've tried it 2 times before without luck. Third time's the charm!

As time has become more limited for me, this is the first time I'll be attempting the challenge on FM Touch.

My FM13 career
My FM14 career

I'm looking forward to yet again trying a variety of tactics.

Goal:

Once again I will have no real goals other than that I would like to manage Juventus at some time.

Setup:

Nations loaded(Lowest available league):

Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia & Wales

Top Division only (Non manageable):

England, Germany, Italy & Spain

I will change the playable leagues as my reputation rises.

Database size is Large.

I'm starting in July 2015. I will continue through the initial jobs and wait for openings after the initial available clubs.

The Manager:

My name is Danilo Bandini. I'm a 25-year-old italian manager.

After 5 years as a youth manager for Juventus I felt it was time to move on. In the past I have sent out unsuccesfull job applications to a bunch of Serie C clubs. Always the same answer, 'You're too inexperienced for this level'. That is not gonna get me closer to my dream job of managing Juventus.

So... I resigned as a youth manager in Juve to become unemployed and started off hunting clubs in less glamorous leagues. Apparently it required much harder work than I had imagined.

Updates:

Mostly seasonal updates.

League/Club History:

2015 - AC Oulu - Finnish First Division - Relegated/Sacked after 26 games.

2016 - Vikingur Olafsvik - Icelandic First Division - 5th

2017 - Vikingur Olafsvik - Icelandic First Division - 1st - Promotion!

2018 - Vikingur Olafsvik - Icelandic Premier Division - 4th - Resigned after the season.

2018/19 - Videoton - Hungarian Division I - 5th - Took over in 9th after 18 games - Resigned after the season

2019 - Strømgodset IF - Norwegian Premier Division - Took over in 13th after 26 games.

Awards:

Trophies:

2017 - Icelandic First Division (Vikingur Olafsvik)

Stop 1 - 2016 - AC Oulu

First test in the finnish first division. I have 10 games to save AC Oulu. A stern first test for me. fortunately I have some space in the wage budget. The catch? The transfer window is closed the next two weeks.

49322.png
1024px-Raatti_Stadium_20110617.jpg

1aH0jRl.jpg

Lets get it on!

The situation:

W8TLYGc.jpg

The squad is ultrathin. We have 16 players under contract. Our best prospect is the only offensive wide player in the squad. We'll play a narrow formation untill the end of the season.

Our best player is by far former Rapid Wienna, Aberdeen and Luton player DM Markus Heikkinen

Heikkinen also has 61 caps for Finland, 37-year-old DC Janne Hietanen has 16 caps. Both not surprisingly past their peak.

A tough start

el29QbA.jpg

This isn't going to win your any championships. You're not gonna avoid relegation either.

A tough start to my career. I have no real excuses. I had the players to avoid relegation, but I somehow couldn't make them gel in time to avoid the relegation.

That's on me! Let's see who wants to gamble on me.

Stop 2 - 2016 - Vikingur Olafsvik

For the first time in my career I'm given time to mold my squad before the season kicks off. In hindsight I should have known better. I've never had a reputation of being a tactical masterguru. I've been a manager that could build a squad and bring the best in the people I had in it.

Let's see if I'll get my redemption!

u2jD0bA.jpg

CMMPg-sWcAAfc0l.jpg

pFicWNb.jpg

Lets get it on!

A great start

First real test for me at Vikingur Olafsvik. The Upper League Cup. Every team in the top 2 leagues and a couple of 3rd tier teams battle it out in a league and knock out format.

The board hoped we wouldn't get outclassed to often, but we exceeded their expectations by far.

Y2yxeGJ.jpg

9w2wnh8.jpg

Our group contained 4 premier division teams and we showed them how to play!

In the end we ended our journey against reigning Icelandic Champions Fylkir. Very satisfied with the result!

Vikingur Olafsvik player of the tournament: Ragnarsson

This chairman has no ambitions!

upavyq3.jpg

The chairman sells our best player after I've rejected some offers. I wanted 120.000 pounds and a transfer date after the season. I needed this guy and he sells him for peanuts. My own silent ambition of promoting this season takes a huge blow. I can't even get a good replacement as the transfer window closed a week ago.

Meanwhile in the standings:

b3AXL1i.jpg

2016 Season Review

Squad - Competitions - Awards - Transfers - Finances

Fans' Players of the season:

Björn PalssonMartin HristovAlfred Hjaltalin

Season review:

Well that's pretty much a season down the drain. I send my regards to the chairman that messed up our season by selling Ragnarsson. Points pr. game with Ragnarsson 1,86... Without 1,28.

I might just leave in anger if our budget doesn't get a massive raise due to the player sales this season

Still we had a good run in the Upper League Cup. We'll take that succes with us.

League changes:

I work with succes points which determine wether I add better leagues:

Upper League Cup - Semi - Succes!
Icelandic Cup - Semi - Failed
Icelandic First Division - Promotion - Failed

I add Bulgaria and remove Wales

Season Preview:

I've revamped the squad almost completely. We have quality at all positions and backups with potential for many of the positions. Will the team gel in time for promotion?!

I predict we'll lead the league in set-piece scoring!

I've signed a bunch of players I've enountered during my time as Juventus youth manager. Connections is a good thing.

Anything other than promoting will be a major disappointment.

xIgHyun.jpg

Key Players:

Nicola FalascoMartin Hristov

Board expectations:

Icelandic First Division - Winners

Upper League Cup - Don't get outclassed

Icelandic Cup - Quarterfinal

2016 Season Review

Squad - Competitions - Awards - Transfers - Finances

Giovanni Tomi - Gunnlaugur Hlynur Birgisson - Nicola Falasco

Season review:

After a strong start with 7-2-1 in the first 10 games our form took a hit and we never really recovered. For a brief moment we was down to second place, but due to others messing up we won the league. It was not our strength that did so. All in all a pretty good season. The Chairman selling our best player didn't help.

We had a good run in the Icelandic cup where we knocked out reigning Icelandic Champions KR in the quarterfinal in a dominant 3-0 win. We lost to Vikingur Reykjavik in the semis. Their later won the tournament.

The Upper League cup was a mixed experience.

League changes:

Upper League Cup - Final - Failed!
Icelandic Cup - Final - Failed!
Icelandic First Division - Winners - Succes!

I add Sweden and remove Northern Ireland

Interesting path so far. Clearly being able to attract a bunch of Italian players helped you a lot this year, congrats on the promotion.

Any ideas on what's next, I'm going to guess you'll try to do at least one season in the top division now you've earned it, but there's any plan after Iceland?

One more year at least in Iceland. Unless something interesting comes up.

I dont really have a path I want to follow, however I want a job in a better nation. Some of them I've never managed in so I'm hoping for perhaps a club from Sweden. However it's not about the country but the right club :-)

Season Preview 2018:

A decent season last year. But we had a great squad for the second tier. This year will become harder. I'll be going for a solid midtable finish, while trying to strengthen the team throughout the year.

If we have a solid position halway through I'd like to get a cup run.

Our team is more or less the same as last year. We've gotten some strengthening on the midfield and a new striker Cremonese who'll rotate with Hristov and De Cenco.

oxMaSXc.jpg

Key Players:

Massimiliano Tagliani - Nicola Falasco

Board expectations:

Icelandic Premier Division - Mid-table

Upper League Cup - Don't get outclassed

Icelandic Cup - Quarterfinal

2017 Season Review

Giovanni Tomi - Robert Våge SkårdalNicola Falasco

Season review:

A strong start to the season sent us in the Upper League cup final. Only to loose 2-0 in a final to FH. A game in which we were outplayed in every kind of way. We relied on the other cup to get some silverware but was knocked out by HK in the icelandic cup.

The Premier Division was a rollercoaster ride where we went from relegation to europe and in the end ending up in 4th. Just outside europe.

Robert Våge Skårdal bossed the midfield all season long. A brilliant signing that won't renew his contract which end after next season.

I have delayed talks of a new contract. Our Wage budget is probably gonna be lower next season. Our investors have pumped a lot of money into the club too keep us from going into the red. £466.000 to be precise. Im not sure I can achive much more as I expect the wage budget to be cut by 30-40 percent. I'll sleep on it.

League changes:

Upper League Cup - Win - Failed!
Icelandic Cup - Final - Failed!
Icelandic First Division - Europe - Failed

I'm not changing the leagues.

4th and a league cup final is a bloody excellent season I'd think. Although that league looks freakishly even between everyone.

If you think the club has peaked financially for a while and one of your key players won't sign new contract, then it's a perfect time to move. You've already done loads for this club, and aren't obliged to stay there for any longer in what looks like a potentially stagnant position.

@noikee excactly.. I have trouble seeing us topping the performance of this year. Might be time for me.

And yes... A tight race for 4th. 1 point between 5 teams... Best thing is I played the part of the spoiler by drawing KR in the final game.

What's next?

After some brief discussions with the chairman over my extension I told him I would be leaving the club after the season.

Where do I go from here? I don't know. I have an expectation that my reputation could land me a job in a top-flight club in one of the better leagues than Iceland.

After applying for a couple of Swedish & Norwegian Premier Division relegation battlers and getting rejected I get offered a huge chance to really show the world what I'm made of!

I've applied a couple of teams which I think was a bit out of reach like Brann and Partizan Beograd.

The team that went on to get me an offer was in this category.

Stop 3 - Dec 2018 - Videoton FC

A great opportunity for me to show what I can do. I have a real chance of challenging for europe and even the championship with this team. Not this year though. We're hopelessly behind already.

I hope I can survive the final 15 games and start building for the new season.

KRAS2sW.jpg
gUoVWUy.jpg

szekesfehervar_videoton1.jpg

g4PXlzi.jpg

Lets get it on!

Troubled finances!

A wage budget of 70.000, 20.000 unused.

A transfer budget of 3,2 million pounds.

That's great! If it wasn't for the fact that the board has set a cap on my max wage for 1400 pounds a week... I hope this is changing in the near future. I have a bunch of signings lined up already!

Serious consideration

After seriously considering quitting after just one game in the autumn I've decided to give it a go.

I've signed 3 players and hope that's enough. I can't sign any other players of quality. Not even on loan despite having a lot of room in wage and transfer budget.

I'm seeing this as a huge challenge for myself.

'There's a gaping hole in our finances and our players are rubbish. Go ahead and fix it!'

BjzyVs5.jpg

2018/19 Season Review

Squad - Competitions AwardsTransfer - Finances

Loic Nego - Ádám Nagy - Antonin Rosa

Season review:

A crippled economy and broken promises. That's the tale of my first half year as a manager for Videoton. I was only able to sign 3 players due to the economy. The finances went south fast and they are terrible right now.

Points before my arrival 1,11 pr. game, after my arrival 1,86 pr game. Along the way we set a record for biggest win. A great season

I found a revelation in playing with Journeyman midfielder Adamovic as a Regista.

Whats next? I wait to see the budget. 3 players from the squad already found new clubs and If I can't afford replacements I'm considering my future. I like the players here though and the stars are bound for another year.

League changes:

Hungarian First Division - Top-4 - Failed

I'm not changing the leagues.

A change of approach:

I found 24 possible players to strengthen the first team squad for the upcoming season. Only one wanted to start contract talk with us due to our finances.

This will be a huge challenge, but I somehow feel at home at Videoton. I'm gonna get a bunch of youngsters in and hope they'll evolve and deliver from the get go.

I can't get myself to quitting on this team after the results they pulled for me last year. But it's 100% rebuilding mode.

Young and cheap wage players coming in. Out with the old regime players.

Time to move on:

I thought the board shared my views that we needed to rebuild this year. I will resigning because of the following issues:

- Board expects a championship (A Euro Cup place would be possible)

- I'm loosing my two clearly best players Nagy and Nego due to clauses and the board

- I can't sign players wanting more than 1K a week (For key players) and I've found a couple but not enough to challenge for the title

- The finances are in shambles and the sponsors are pulling their support. 

Stop 4 - Strømgodset IF - Norwegian Premier Division

Only the second club I applied and they've apparently been impressed in how I turned around a struggling Videoton side.

The economy is healthy although I won't be able to use it yet, due to having only 4 games left in the season.

We're in a relegation struggle and it's close as h***.

This is a huge chance for me, If I can avoid relegation with a bunch of unhappy players I have the opportunity to make big things in Norway!

FdNYhmO.jpg

5qA3REy.jpg 

marienlyst-stadion_1vu6xvplcs27z1lyvwij1

B36prer.jpg

Season Preview 2020:

Time to see where we're heading. I have an ambition to qualify for europe. Either through the league or a cup win.

I've made 3 additions to the squad and brought in a bunch of youngsters to secure the depth and future of the club.

I strongly believe in the boys this season. Here's how we'll lineup.

SgqAQAF.jpg

Key Players:

Derrick Mensah - Gianluca Lapadula

Board expectations:

Norwegian Premier Division - Top half finish

Norwegian Cup - Semifinal

2020 Season Review

Krisztian Tamas - Babacar Sarr - Gianluca Lapadula

Coaches honorable mention:

Henrik Loholt Kristiansen

Season review:

A strong season in which only 3 players were bought for the starting eleven. We were around the top for most of the season and midway through the season we even had hopes of the championship. In the end our inability to beat the bottom teams cost us. I started rotating Riski in at ST against the weaker opponents and it payed off. We were not able to close the gap to Lillestrøm in first but we kept the other teams at bay.

Even though only 3 were considered bought to strengthen the starting lineup a couple of the young promising players I brouhgt in had immediate success. One of them Henrik Loholt Kristiansen who after some impressive cup matches began getting starts in the league. And he was lighting it up until he tore his hamstring and was out for the final 3 months. This guy has great potential.

Besides the league it was a dissapointing season. A third round exit in the cup meant I was under pressure to start the season. I coped though :-)

League changes:

Due to the succes I reached 2 of my 3 succes points for the season.

I'm removing Ireland and Iceland while adding Belarus and Scotland.

Season Preview 2021:

Two new signings in our projected first 11.

Our weakest spot is backup wingers and our right back. Grujic is so talented though that once we're halfway through the season he should show his potential.

Behind Lapadula on the depth chart we've skipped Riski out of town and will rely on two youngsters Ravn and Lacerda.

I have high hopes for the team this year. I hope we can challenge for the championship. Even more than last year.

4yYJzs3.jpg

Key Players:

Henrik Loholt Kristiansen - Mikael Ingebregtsen

Board expectations:

Norwegian Premier Division - Around top of the league

Norwegian Cup - Final

Talents coming up?

I'm not the only one thinking we have a bright future with the talented players in our team. Real Madrid boss Zidane visited our stadium today. Who was he following?

Our 19-year-old danish target man Kasper Ravn

I see $$ in the chairmans eyes :-)

hIkkbAw.jpg

Also Inter have interest in our newsigning MC Wendel

While West Ham are following DL Frode Johansen

An awful week:

After winning the first leg against Basel 1-0 we played mostly our reserves against Lillestrøm... And they got trashed... 5-2.

Then in the return leg in Switzerland we go 1-0 after 2 minutes. After the first half I'm considering making changes so some of the players are ready for Brann 4 days later.

BOOM BOOM BOOM ... And Basel are through 3-1. Even though I decided not to switch players early to keep them fresh...

:-(

Archived