Support for UHD (4K)

One question...why? Serious question, as I don't see any big gain they'd get from doing so. Sharper text? In fact, wouldn't the higher resolution just make the fairly rudimentary graphics (relatively) of the 3D representation look worse?

I'm not working in the games industry, however I have the feeling that people involved in adjusting graphic representation in 4K wouldn't be the same involved in tuning match engine, transfer market and so on. ;)

I think that since In 2016 few users have 4K monitors, this could be addressed without taking away resources from other tasks.

So you're saying SI should invest money to hire people to develop a graphic representation of the match engine so that few tens of people could enjoy dots running over a plain pitch but in 4K.

What else to say but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So you're saying SI should invest money to hire people to develop a graphic representation of the match engine so that few tens of people could enjoy dots running over a plain pitch but in 4K.

What else to say but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The point is that they should just make readable all the interface if playing at resolutions over 1080p. It doesn't seem a huge task...

If not, is enough to say that 4K is not supported, not a big deal, it's enough to be honest about it. ;)

Well there is already the zoom as well as the @2x sized small logos which I think were introduced in the previous FM. I use 175% zoom on a 4K monitor, and the small logos would look just awful without the @2x size (they are used automatically by the game when needed). Large sized logos and team shirts on the club profile screen do look a bit fuzzy - probably streched beyond their size.

Naturally one can replace the logos and 2D kits with larger 3rd party graphics, but even if SI is not going to change anything else it would not take alot to make the required logo and shirt images bigger in future versions of the game.

Recently had a change in the UI with Adobe products where 4k monitors showed icons and text really small. They made a global change to the interface to make everything larger. Over 100 icons and 500 dialogue boxes all individually remastered for the 4k devices.

Guess what, now everyone without a 4k monitor is complaining the text is too big on their screens and the icons are too big, and the workspace is a lot smaller due to larger icons.

Can't please everyone. But I do think if FM goes this way they should make it an option, perhaps have a small, medium and large option.

Just a thought.

Archived