Time for a Change

So I have decided to change formations to a 433 and 4141. If you guys check my previous post you will see that I am a advocate for the 4231 or 4411. Both formations I was using because of one guy Ozil. I was trying to build my team around one player which led to me ignoring the other players and how I could incorporate them into the team. It also took me away from how I wanted to play. I am not saying the 4231 or 4411 are bad formations but I think I need to go back to the formation that made me want to play FM.

I am sure I can find a place for Ozil in my 4-3-3 or 4141. But if I can't find a position for him then it will time to say good bye. I have come to the conclusion that one player does not make a team.

So while thinking about this I decided to ask myself what type of football do I like to play and I came up with the following.

Aggressive Pressing

Short Passing

Possession Football

These core principles will be used in my 4-3-3 and 4-1-4-1. So to get these principles in my tactics I chose to do the following

Control + Fluid

Higher D-Line

Close Down More

Prevent Goal Keeper Distribution

Use Offside Trap

Play out of Defence

Retain Possesion

Work Ball Into Box

Now the Roles

GK Defend

Center Backs Defend

Wing Back Support

Full Back Support

DM - Defend

CM support

DLP Support

Advance Playmaker Attack (sit narrower and cut inside)

Inside Forward Attack

Complete Forward Support

Now for the 4141. The two banks of four should give us some good defensive coverage against strong teams, making us harder to break down.

The back 5 remains the same with roles and duties. The advance players are now drop to WM Support and Winger Support

I now have a AP Attack n the midfield alongside a CM Support. Ozil will take the AP role in midfield. I will be looking at how he performs in the midfield engine room. Looking at him as a player he not really suited but if he cannot fit them I will just sell him. I have to try and cut all emotions and do what is best for the team.

Now I am open for any advice and support so please feel free to lend a helping hand if you see anything out of place.

On the subject of Ozil, back in FM15, I had a test game as Arsenal where I tried out tactics, and I found with a bit of retraining he is one hell of a creative forward (DLF/F9/Treq). Can't see him being much different in '16. Didn't give him a go as a CF(s), but he might work in that role too.

When I play a 4-1-4-1 in my arsenal save instead of my usual 4-4-1-1 Ozil often plays as a CM(a). He doesn't usually gets ratings as high as my striker or wingers but that's partly due to how the match engine is running at the moment and how ratings are calculated.

In my experience it's sometimes pretty hard to get enough players forward using the 4-1-4-1 formation and when you play a defensive midfielder and two supporting midfielders you are basically playing three holding midfielders which is extremely conservative. An attacking MC is usually a good option to get more bodies forward and create a more dynamic attack.

Archived