What's the deal with how stamina works on FMM?

It gets boring having to change players (with 20 stamina rating) every game because they can't handle two games in a week. I've got to the point where I don't even enjoy playing that much anymore because it's just dull having to change world class players every game because they can't handle a game on a Saturday and then a Wednesday. It even happens at the start of the season when surely players would be at their fittest.

Why is the way it processes players stamina so basic? I can understand a player needing a rest after a tough few weeks of matches well into a season but after the first game of the season is just silly.

I'm finding it's always midfielders that suffer from this too. It doesn't matter what tactics I play some player just can't handle 2 games in a week. It doesn't seem to relate to their stamina rating either as I've seen world class players with 20 stamina struggle whilst a mediocre midfielder with average stamina in the same team seems happy to play twice a week for 3 or 4 weeks before he needs a rest.

I know that this can happen in real life (I'm thinking ledley king) but it's very rare and my team always seems to have 4 or 5 that just can't handle it yet win everything being rotated literally every game.

Anything below 90%. Maybe 95% if it's a Wednesday game and I've got an important league match on the Saturday. Pointless putting them in on the Wednesday at lower than 95% as they'll be lower than 90% on the Saturday (often lower than 80% on the Saturday if they've played the Wednesday not 100%).

Now I know players can start when they're not 100% but apart from CR and Messi honestly who would get at start at only 85% fit?!

Anyway it's just my opinion and the reason I probably won't buy it any more after never missing a new release since I was 5 years old.

Also as a side note.

I'm also finding that, if I have a player who's stamina isn't good (even though his rating is 20) the temptation is to sub him at the 60 min mark when a game is won to manage his stamina best I can. But whenever I start using this tactic it just seems to destroy their stamina even more. Instead of just giving them a little rest it starts to affect the players stamina in such a negative way, to the point where he can't even handle 90mins anymore.

It's like a vicious stamina circle that's impossible to sort out.

It might not be it, but what are your Training Schedules like? Also, do you use pressing in your match tactics?

I'll be honest, I've never really encountered the problem you're describing. I keep my training schedules on default and I rarely use pressing and my players generally finish each game at about 80% condition. This includes when my teams have been in European competitions and have a hefty fixture list; the only exception seems to be when managing in England around the Christmas period and there are often games every two days, but once I reach mid January things settle down again.

It kind of makes me think that there must be some configuration of training or tactics that you favour that tires your players out.

• SI Staff

TBH we've had more complaints about people being able to play the same 11 all season without having to rotate than we have about people having to rotate too much. If you can send me a save we can have a look at your specific instance.

My team hardly changes, injuries and red / yellow cards can't be avoided... Other than that it stays the same, of course I like to give afew youngsters a run out every now and then!

With the right amount of fitness training you can keep your team at its peak fitness throughout the season

I'm playing on an iPad. How would I send you a save?

Just started a new game last night and it's doing the same. I'm not using pressing, not intensive training anything and half my players need changing every game.

Full pressing game and counter attacking.

Wing backs pushing on with 2 holding midfielders.

1 up front , with 3 attacking midfielders behind him.

Then I just make sure all my free kick takers / corner takers / captains are the best available...

I also won't play any player who's stamina is less than 12, they can't last a full game.

I find stamina to be in a decent place. Players are usually at 100% if playing once a week. On weeks with mid-week games, rotation is needed since 3 days' rest isn't enough to fully recharge for most players. Which is basically how it works in real life.

I usually use low stamina players as super subs or for the first ~60 minutes if the other stats are good enough.

• SI Staff
I'm playing on an iPad. How would I send you a save?

Just started a new game last night and it's doing the same. I'm not using pressing, not intensive training anything and half my players need changing every game.

You can get the save onto a computer following the steps linked and then email to help@sega.co.uk - mark it for my attention. https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/206011931-iOS-How-to#saves

You can get the save onto a computer following the steps linked and then email to help@sega.co.uk - mark it for my attention. https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/206011931-iOS-How-to#saves

Not used my PC in about 18months and can't face booting it up tbh.

Does anyone have decent tactics they know work and are good for team stamina for me to test?

I did a season with Arsenal last night. Didn't touch the training schedules and used some new tactics from that other forum that did have pressing as part of it but it very quickly got to the point where I needed a Wednesday and a Saturday team. Players who played Wednesday could never start on a Saturday because their stamina was all below 85%. Seems odd that players can't play a Wednesday then the following Saturday. Even the start of the season after the charity shield and the inevitable midweek international days before the season starts I often can't start a full strength team on the first day of the season because they're all so knackered after playing for their national teams.

Anyway some tactics advice for me to try would be super cool.

i dont prefer playing with the players that has a condition below 90 percent. anyway; i like to play full pressing and attacking mind style. even though my player's condition rarely drops down 90 percent for 2 matches in a week.

Archived