Sports Interactive Community
gillsminnow

Euro 2016 FINAL - Portugal vs France

Because it's stupid.

It's a team sport. Ronaldo is one of 11 players. He knows better than anyone that he doesn't stand a moth's chance in hell to score or win trophies without those other 10 players.

Seems to me he's spent most of the tournament raging at them on the pitch for not being good to play with him.

Seems to me he's spent most of the tournament raging at them on the pitch for not being good to play with him.

FC Ronaldo of Portugal

Because it's stupid.

It's a team sport. Ronaldo is one of 11 players. He knows better than anyone that he doesn't stand a moth's chance in hell to score or win trophies without those other 10 players.

Have you seen the amount of chances he takes as well as free kicks ? :D

You can feel bad for Ronaldo being unable to continue and also sceptical about his crying, it's not that difficult to comprehend.

But I'm sure Rinaldo's free kick hogging is borne of the belief that it maximises the team's goalscoring chances.

Have you seen the amount of chances he takes as well as free kicks ? :D

What is it, 43 direct free kick attempts since he last scored one?

Please someone score a goal. I don't care about the prediction league. Just want someone to make it remotely interesting.

Ronaldo is not just a star player, he is a leader who brings the best out of his teammates.

Please someone score a goal. I don't care about the prediction league. Just want someone to make it remotely interesting.

At this rate we'll be waiting for the pens.

I'm only half watching on laptop on mute and keep assuming Sissoko is Pogba until I see the shirt number/close up

What's winning so far?

More posts about moths or wotsits?

Racist .

Was expecting that within two posts (hence the close up being included), poor show Ackter :thdn:

What's so stupid about the suggestion that Ronaldo cares far more about himself than he does his team?

Even if this was true it doesn't make him any less of a player. By being either the best or second best (depending on your personal opinion) player in the world and trying his damndest to win every game he's helping Portugal anyway. Most of the best sportsmen of all time are selfish too, they're winners.

Even if this was true it doesn't make him any less of a player. By being either the best or second best (depending on your personal opinion) player in the world and trying his damndest to win every game he's helping Portugal anyway. Most of the best sportsmen of all time are selfish too, they're winners.

Where have I commented in any way as to the quality of him as a player?

They all look the same eh Boots :D

Hey, Aidan is the racist one remember!

Is it a surprise it's Man Utd fans that stick up for Cristiano.

While everyone else must be anti Utd for despising Cristiano's selfish antics.

Where have I commented in any way as to the quality of him as a player?

Then why does it bother you, and others so much that he's not a team player? What does it matter that he takes all the free kicks and penalties? I'd bet most of the Portuguese players are happy for him to take them because they know how good he is. A happy Ronaldo means more chance of a win for them.

Where have all these moths come from?

This thread has had posts about Ronaldo, moths and wotsits. Sums up the quality of this game.

Where have all these moths come from?

Someone left the lights on last night and the stadium was full of them today, thousands of them.

Then why does it bother you, and others so much that he's not a team player? What does it matter that he takes all the free kicks and penalties? I'd bet most of the Portuguese players are happy for him to take them because they know how good he is. A happy Ronaldo means more chance of a win for them.

It didn't bother me. Someone said that was the saddest thing they've ever seen, and I questioned why that is as it's just a guy feeling sorry for himself.

That was literally it.

Its one thing depsising his antics its another criticising the man for crying because he got inured 20 minutes into his last international final and possibly tournament.

Someone left the lights on last night and the stadium was full of them today, thousands of them.

Hah, nice.

I see you're working hard to fill the "half troll, half cretin" role vacated by jmr...

That's it Coman, you blame the floor for that awful shot and waste of a great chance.

Ermmm... already mentioned 43 freekick attempts with 0 goals.

I generally hate people whining about commentators constantly but i do find it hard to believe the BBC couldnt get anyone better than Murphy for a euros final, the combination of an already boring game and his tones is almost sending me to sleep.

Love him or hate him how great would it be to see Ronaldo come out all bandaged up and lift the trophy?

I honestly think it would be great!

I see you're working hard to fill the "half troll, half cretin" role vacated by jmr...

*gasp*

A Man Utd fan. SHOCKING.

Just start the penalty shootout now.

Love him or hate him how great would it be to see Ronaldo come out all bandaged up and lift the trophy?

I honestly think it would be great!

The commentators mentioned that he's fine now, so there's a good chance of it.

*gasp*

A Man Utd fan. SHOCKING.

Who funnily enough hasn't mentioned Ronaldo either way, you've got that cretin part nailed right down.

France look like they need to be 4-3-3 here, Kante releasing Pogba and Matuidi, but that would require breaking up Giroud and Griezmann...

What's the difference? I point out you find it's mostly Man Utd fans who defend Cristiano on here, you come on here calling me a cretin.

*rolleyes*

I generally hate people whining about commentators constantly but i do find it hard to believe the BBC couldnt get anyone better than Murphy for a euros final, the combination of an already boring game and his tones is almost sending me to sleep.
I like Danny Murphy, I think he's a good pundit.

This final has been utterly dreadful.

Almost as bad as some of the cretins in this thread.

What's the difference? I point out you find it's mostly Man Utd fans who defend Cristiano on here, you come on here calling me a cretin.

*rolleyes*

Why the hell would one of the best and most professional players of all time need defending?