Euro 2016 FINAL - Portugal vs France

gillsminnow

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with mods on this site being such bellends? On other sites it's the mods trying to be the reasoned voice.

Final has lost most of its interest now, as it will either be penalty kicks or France will win before then. Saw France as clear favourites pre-match, but with Ronaldo out it's not a real contest any more. Would like to utter the usual phrase that you never want to see players get injured, especially the very best ones, but some in here are clearly loving it :thdn:

What is with mods on this site being such bellends? On other sites it's the mods trying to be the reasoned voice.

Final has lost most of its interest now, as it will either be penalty kicks or France will win before then. Saw France as clear favourites pre-match, but with Ronaldo out it's not a real contest any more. Would like to utter the usual phrase that you never want to see players get injured, especially the very best ones, but some in here are clearly loving it :thdn:

Mate, I love Ronaldo but his all round game in this tournament has been poor. This game is no different to what it would have been with him on. But yeah, stick to the 'Portugal are a one man team LOL' thing if you want.

Start an official Wotsits thread for this discussion please.

Haha!

The official wotsits thread. :D

It's not like it's getting in the way of all the chat about the excitement that is going on, it actually shows really how dull it has been.

I wish the commentators would stop going on about Ronaldo in the commentary. Leave the pundits talk about that during the break and get back to commentating on what's actually happening in the match.

Kinda had a feeling Ronaldo was genuinely injured the moment he went down. Portugal seem to be content to play for Extra Time and pens already.

Sissoko is having a blinder though. Mike Ashley must be loving this because it's pushing his value higher and higher for the inevitable cash-in.

I can't believe the criticism Ackter's getting for suggesting Ronaldo's tears are self pity, this is a guy who would rather take the winning penalty for his team than taking it earlier to improve his team's chances of progressing. He is the epitome of self-centered.

I can't believe the criticism Ackter's getting for suggesting Ronaldo's tears are self pity, this is a guy who would rather take the winning penalty for his team than taking it earlier to improve his team's chances of progressing. He is the epitome of self-centered.

I think it might have been more about the time when he said that (just after his injury...).

In fairness I think he learned from that, he took the first penalty the other night.

Then went and took the 1st penalty the very next time just for a laugh.

The irony of the guy defenfing stupid opinion and then spouts absolute rubbish himself. A pair made in heaven.

It was a shame that Ronaldo has gone off, the final did deserve to have the 2nd best player in the world take centre stage and it has now taken away something from the glamour...if France win it then there's always the "well, they didn't have Ronaldo against them really." As for the tears, I think it is a bit of self pity, but then I think anyone booing away means it would be about that...he's just wanting to play and win the final isn't he. It's still pretty funny seeing him go off though, not that I wish injuries on anyone, I mean...it actually probably means a lot of people want Portugal to win now maybe. Anyways, France 3-1 for me...just to fit my prediction in the prediction league thing...need a stormer of a 2nd half from everyone. Oh...and Quaresma's head is idiotic...chop it off, the head that is, not the hair.

I swear Ronaldo could cure cancer and people would still be raging at him for getting fame for it.

Love him or hate him, but the final as a spectacle has been much worse with him not in it. Portugal are clearly playing for the draw now, and why wouldn't they. They don't stand a chance in an open game. With Ronaldo still playing they would at least have a proper threat going forward.

What's so stupid about the suggestion that Ronaldo cares far more about himself than he does his team?

Because it's stupid.

It's a team sport. Ronaldo is one of 11 players. He knows better than anyone that he doesn't stand a moth's chance in hell to score or win trophies without those other 10 players.

Archived