[FM13] The Scandinavian Shankly: smashing the status quo

withnail316

13 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Gave 'em a good fight.

13 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Hell of a result, even though you didn't go through. No shame in going out 2-1 with a victory thrown in.

Yeah, have to be happy with that. Massively beyond my expectations.

12 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Tremendous work being done in Sweden! Love seeing it!

You're setting up one Hell of a dynasty.

Cheers, it does make me wonder where the club would be if I'd never left, but we're making good progress.

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

Poor Sporting... or maybe not #sorrynotsorry

That was quite the run. Must've been a nice financial boost and also UEFA rankings boost.

I thought you might enjoy that Sporting defeat! 

I haven't really noticed a financial boost as we've brought so much money in from player sales, but I hope both the league and ourselves get a little boost in our cofficient in the next couple of years. 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April

58f68ea872cf5_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule.thumb.png.5511ad8b254ce0d0eed418cffee573d6.png

58f68eaa6a5bd_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.68f21a5707865f05ee7e59cc4668a949.png

Things are going well domestically so far, we've moved into top spot in the league and into another cup final, although injuries are beginning to bite. I've not been able to change formation yet as Vladimir Nevinskiy picked up a knock before I had a chance to change things around, but I suspect we'll move to 4-4-2 in the not too distant future...

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

You could try conceding some goals for a change.

I love it how you don't even mention that you won the cup, that's kinda assumed by this stage. :lol:

Heh, fair point. I wish it was played later in the season, tbh. It would feel a bit more special that way if the final was played at the end of a long campaign. Instead, it's a played on a midweek in the middle of the season... a bit rubbish. 

But yes, the defence are definitely doing their job. Juventus-like defending...

58ffa160380b5_LOGOCHAMPIONSLEAGUE.thumb.jpg.55c1baf981a1bc95fb4f7d06f671021a.jpg

UEFA Champions League
2nd qualifying round

1st leg: Örebro SK 3-0 Rosenborg
An outstanding performance from Stelian Mareș secured a great first leg result for us. The Romanian winger bagged two goals before half time, then set up a Ludvig Jonsson header in the second half to see us finish the game in a comfortable position. 

2nd leg: Rosenborg 1-2 Örebro SK
Not quite as comfortable as the first leg, but we got the job done. Jonsson and Mareș on target again, but Nevinskiy was the star. We're going to miss him when he goes - he has two more years left on his deal, but expects €20,000p/w to sign a new one, more than double my top earner - and we currently only spend €130,000p/w on the whole squad!

We'll meet MSK Zilina of Slovakia in the next round. 

You've started conceding! Yay! 

On 23/4/2017 at 19:35, withnail316 said:

Thought I had three straight hours of FM on the coach from the airport, but my laptop charger isn't working. I feel like my dog just died...gutted. 

That's a bummer. :( 

How was your trip though? 

18 hours ago, Benjoe said:

You've started conceding! Yay! 

That's a bummer. :( 

How was your trip though? 

I enjoyed it thanks, man. It's fun to cover boxing, and getting to cover it overseas is even better. 

5900dc7a86c17_LOGOCHAMPIONSLEAGUE.thumb.jpg.87dad992fc112c9d1b7ae0da2d091d49.jpg

UEFA Champions League
3rd qualifying round

1st leg: Örebro SK 2-0 Zilina 
I was hoping for a decisive lead to take into the second leg, but despite us utterly dominating, we had to settle for two. Both goals came from the boot of Luis Roberto, who ran Zilina ragged on the right all night long. 

2nd leg: Zilina 1-3 Örebro SK
No issues at all in the second game. Paul Lucic charged through Zilina's midfield to blast home from 20 yards after 23 minutes, and despite the Slovakians levelling straight after, a Mareș double puts us into the play offs. We'll meet BATE, who we played at the same stage of the competition in 2017, the last time we made the group stage. 

2 hours ago, withnail316 said:

I enjoyed it thanks, man. It's fun to cover boxing, and getting to cover it overseas is even better. 

Who do you cover boxing for since you traveled to Sweden? 

Solid performance against Zilina. 

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

Who do you cover boxing for since you traveled to Sweden? 

Solid performance against Zilina. 

It's called the world feed, which is essentially for TV stations who have decided not to send their own commentators. 

Cheers, we sailed through in the end.

July

5901100ecb5b9_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule.thumb.png.e3f2cb3f125818ffaeadfbef89a3564b.png

59011011157c8_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.617126a23bbce19d3c8fa6b0bf9fe5ee.png

Our defensive record is ridiculous. I don't mind admitting that I'm actively searching for a new challenge, too. I wouldn't mind if we were sweeping everybody away because we had a top class squad, but we're fairly ordinary - it's just the league is lacking quality. Where I'll be heading though (and when) I'm not sure. 

59011122bd000_DongYilong_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.f3b567dd9c4f663a2f0cc12d3a5b9551.png

Here's a new arrival. Not bad for €500,000. 

5901165543eb9_JohannAndersson_NewsInbox-10.thumb.png.b1d51291f4479e458886c7fe274bf115.png

Sad times. He was the goalkeeper coach at the club when I arrived in 2012, and within 48 hours he had accepted my offer to become assistant manager, and he's been in that job ever since. He's also the club's record appearance maker, so Örebro is in his blood.

5901165322741_AndersKarlsson_HistoryBiography.thumb.png.37956da08e3eaf241681facfa94fbbd9.png

Seems preposterous that he isn't a club legend after all that, but he is at least an icon. Enjoy your retirement, fella. 

5901c963cbf16_LOGOCHAMPIONSLEAGUE.thumb.jpg.66de47334841f8a3e3605189c82fdca2.jpg

UEFA Champions League
Play Off

1st leg: BATE 0-5 Örebro SK
A clinical and utterly ruthless display in the first leg leaves us with a foot and three quarters in the group. Vladimir Nevinskiy was the star on his return to his homeland, bagging two goals and making a third for Panizza. I subbed him with 10 minutes to play, and his replacement Renan bagged two more in that time for an almost 
unassailable lead. 

2nd leg: Örebro SK 5-0 BATE
Perfection. Nevinskiy again was on fire, he bagged two more to take him to 20 for the season. Jakobsson and a Mareș double sealed it. We'll meet Shakhtar, Celtic and REAL MADRID in the group stage. 

New Chinese winger looks fantastic. Teach him a new punch or two.

Any particular ideas on where to go next?

10-0 over BATE, Christ. :lol:

He does looks useful, doesn't he? The jobs I've applied for have both been in Germany, but I'd be interested in something else, too. 

15 minutes ago, noikeee said:

"Very little in this intake" then shows an utterly amazing winger. :idiot: (if a bit slow)

Brilliant result in the CL, ahead of Real Madrid in the group too. :cool:

Heh, what I didn't show you was the half/one star lads who came through with him. I still find myself hoping for three or four prospects a year, not just one. Greedy? Possibly!

• 4 weeks later...

October

592d7a8088421_rebroSK_FixturesSchedule.thumb.png.8c99e0db7c1cae675e878e9e983e56d6.png

A fairly straightforward month domestically rounded off the season in style - we'd dropped just six points all season, and so the final table was wonderful viewing.

592d7a7d1f6b2_SwedishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.thumb.png.259285bb28eb7f45a1ba454a765b6c7a.png

As for Europe, I was a little disappointed with our performance away at Celtic, but with three games to go, we still have every chance of finishing above 4th in the group. That would mean the first competitive game at the new stadium next year will be a European tie - I don't really care whether it is in the CL or the EL. 

Pondering letting the club's all time record goalscorer leave the club in the winter. Vladimir Nevinskiy has scored 186 goals in nearly 300 games, including 27 this season, but I think the time has come for him to move on. He has two years left on his deal, and expects his wages quadrupling if he is to sign on again, but with Brofeldt, Renan and Roger Ring, I think we can survive without him. Unfortunately his buy-out is only €2m, but I think it is the right thing for the club for him to go. 

I can't see the fans being too impressed, however!

I'm confused that you manage to keep going back to old saves successfully (and old clubs sometimes!), whenever I try that I get bored after like a game session, almost never feels right.

I'm confused that you manage to keep going back to old saves successfully (and old clubs sometimes!), whenever I try that I get bored after like a game session, almost never feels right.

I used to be like that, but I find picking up an old career is much easier than starting again. It helps I only have three games to go before the end of the season so I can refresh my memory with the place, though.

Archived