Sports Interactive Community
VinnyChilds

A question on 'play with first team tactics'

I switch my first team between a 4-4-1-1, a 4-1-4-1 and a 4-4-2, and I'd like the U21s and U18s to stick to just those formations that are in my tactics 'pool'. Do they already do this if I specify to play with first team tactics and I'm just overlooking it? Or do they only play with the currently selected tactic?

I switch my first team between a 4-4-1-1, a 4-1-4-1 and a 4-4-2, and I'd like the U21s and U18s to stick to just those formations that are in my tactics 'pool'. Do they already do this if I specify to play with first team tactics and I'm just overlooking it? Or do they only play with the currently selected tactic?

With this instruction, I believe that the reserve teams will use the formation that your first team used in its previous match

You are left with these choices if you have the squad manager running the team:

You play with the first team's last formation

You pick the formation before every game- this is the safest option and it only takes a few seconds

You allow the squad manager full authority and he will select the formation

Tactics are not just about formations.

While the philosophy of smooth interchangeable parts makes management easier, you may need different instructions.... Your first team may be playing against a team that has slow attackers so therefore plays with a higher block, however your second team may be playing against a team that has fast attackers so therefore needs a lower block.