Coming back after the first month after release

I just played 10 games 50 goals being scored, of them 42 were from crosses or rebounds from a cross. I know that every game there is a heavy reliance on crosses and that some tactics even use them more, but i wanted to know if this is normal in fm16 for all of you guys. Its kinda boring looking at the matches and seeing the goals all look the same and no "nice" goals being scored. This goes for my own goals and the ones the AI gets against me. Also still seeing a lot of open players and the one carrying the ball just prefer to shot even if he is in a poor position. Would love to see those last second passes in game too.

On a different note, im using the same pc as before, but with win 10. Right now my matches are really slow, not the highlights per se, but the in between. The corresponding slider is set to max (i used to set it at 50%) and is way lower than before. Is this an issue with win 10? I already tried resetting the settings, clearing cache and downgrading the graphics options.

Thanks!

Seriously? Great moderating, you've blatantly just lied to a user. Sure you can argue semantics and say that not "everyone" sees games with goals constantly being scored from crosses, but you know fine rightly a lot of users have issues with the number of goals from crosses, and SI have admitted there was an issue that couldn't be properly worked on at this stage of the development cycle without potential knock-on effects. So to reply so dismissively to a query on the subject is absolutely pathetic.

Wow. Yes of course lots of users encounter this problem. I haven't; but many other users have so don't think that there is something wrong with your game of something like that.:p

This problem has also been acknowledged by SI staff and they have been trying to re-balance the match engine so that it doesn't occur as much.

Seriously? Great moderating, you've blatantly just lied to a user. Sure you can argue semantics and say that not "everyone" sees games with goals constantly being scored from crosses, but you know fine rightly a lot of users have issues with the number of goals from crosses, and SI have admitted there was an issue that couldn't be properly worked on at this stage of the development cycle without potential knock-on effects. So to reply so dismissively to a query on the subject is absolutely pathetic.

I said it isn't normal for everyone. That is true. And it wasn't "moderating". It was a post. Moderating would be telling you to wind your neck in a little. You're blowing everything out of proportion where you could have just posted a clarification to the OP. Everyone is free to contribute.

Just FYI about the 'isn't normal for everyone' - here's the post you're talking about:

Okay, as you’re aware the staff here at SI read the forums so clearly we’re aware that some users are experiencing some issues with the way that crosses are defended. From the numbers we’ve had feeding back to us this only seems to affect a relatively small number players and largely depends on those player's tactics. Saying that, we did take a long, hard look at it and ultimately decided that given potential knock-ons and the major impact it would have had on user’s tactics that it wasn’t something we could tweak without unbalancing the match engine and worsening the user’s playing experience.

As anyone who’s played FM for a while knows, we’re constantly striving to make the match engine a 100 per cent perfect simulation of real football. While we’re still some way away from achieving this goal, we do feel that we’re getting closer and closer and this progress is helped enormously by the constructive feedback that we get here on the forums. We’re happy with the match engine which is included in version 16.3.0 and we’ve only been able to get up to this point thanks to everyone who has been involved in the game’s development, be it SI staff members, beta testers or those of you posting here on the forums.

Having spoken at length about this with the match team, there is some good news to report in that the work the team have done in trying to address this issue long-term has led to some other major improvements which, once they’re fully implemented, will make any future versions of the match engine better for everyone.

All I would add to that is that you should give the new update a thorough play-through and let us know what you think when you’ve had a chance to put it through its paces. That's what this thread is here for.

Many thanks.

It can be improved a lot by adjusting the tactical setup so that you're not that reliant on crosses.

I said it isn't normal for everyone. That is true. And it wasn't "moderating". It was a post. Moderating would be telling you to wind your neck in a little. You're blowing everything out of proportion where you could have just posted a clarification to the OP. Everyone is free to contribute.

Just FYI about the 'isn't normal for everyone' - here's the post you're talking about:

It can be improved a lot by adjusting the tactical setup so that you're not that reliant on crosses.

If I can just add my four penny worth here. As I said in various posts a few months ago I was very unimpressed with the demo and resumed playing FM12 as I didn't think the ME had felt "right" since then, but I saw FM16 in a sale at a price That I couldn't not buy it. I have to say that It is a vast improvement on the demo, I know you are going to tell me that the ME was not touched in the winter upgrade, but something happened I don't know what and I don't really care what but I no longer notice too many goals from crosses or too many crosses in general I don't think it differs too much from a real match now regardless of the tatics I employ. I no longer notice the bad defending I did with the demo and the only issue I could identify now is the keepers going for a save when the ball was going wide, but this is a minor issue and certainly not a game breaker and I am really enjoying playing this version and it is the closest yet to real football

Archived