Sports Interactive Community
darren1983

Semi Final 2 - Germany vs France

You would've thought that after giving away a penalty for a stupidly raised arm, the German players wouldn't have the arms in stupid positions here right?

he give a penalty, i dont have commentary on?

No-one really knew with commentary on. :D

Very strange decision, I assume given on the advice of the AAR.

****ing hell. We NEED video reffing, and fast. Horribly harsh for Germany.

1-0 Griezmann :thdn:

So undeserved

awful decision from the ref

Ref has been poor generally in that half, topped off by that shocker of a decision

On second look that's a penalty for me

I have seen it 3 times and did his hand even touch the ball?

I shouted penalty the moment it happened :D not sure how nobody else saw it.

Boateng was pants for Man City but has been amazing since he left them.

Kind of ironic as City are looking for that class (and fit) CB :D

He rarely played tbh. He had an injury that kept him out for a while and when he came back he was behind in the pecking order. A bit too flamboyant sometimes but he has got everything you want from a CB.

Clear penalty for me, another stupid raised arm for no reason.

Did the ball even hit his arm/hand?

Yes. and it was above his head.

Ref has been poor generally in that half, topped off by that shocker of a decision

Agree. Yellow to Can for the dive by Griezman was bad too, and many other smaller decisions. Hope Germany managed to get back into the game, so that the ref doesn't effectively hand France a spot in the final. Just awful. Hate it when the refs make howlers that decide important matches.

Dodgy penalty given against the Germans \0/

Similar to the Boateng incident in the last game so the ref was correct. Thought it was quite funny that no-one knew what was going on.

Dunno why people are outraged by that. Seemed a clear penalty. As clear as the one Boateng gave away last match. His hand has no business being out there and he blocks the header.

That was a great decision. Probably from ref behind the goal. Don't see how people are complaining. He led with his arm so clearly, and stopped Evra's header going towards goal. It wasn't going in, but it would have headed in that direction.

Some of you guys have better eyes than me, I honestly thought he stopped play for a clash of heads! :)

So did the commentator :D

It was nice of Germany to let France have the ball back for a bit before half time, but I bet they wish they didn't

Thought I saw the hand up watching live but thought the ref was stopping for clash of heads as well yeah :D

Some of you guys have better eyes than me, I honestly thought he stopped play for a clash of heads! :)

You are not alone, he certainly didn't make it clear, I saw no signal for a penalty before he booked Schweinsteiger.

You are not alone, he certainly didn't make it clear, I saw no signal for a penalty before he booked Schweinsteiger.

Did he even point to the spot before booking Schweinsteiger?

I thought he was just going over to check on the players and then it was a penalty.

I thought he was just going over to check on the players and then it was a penalty.

Pointed to his hand and then at the offending player before he pointed at the spot so can understand people being confused.

Didnt see it first time. But when I saw the replay, could easily see why it was given.

the delay and confusion was, I assume, because it wasn't given by Rizzoli, but by the ref behind the goal

Still amazed how dominant Germans were, 70% possession, France defended well. Useful bit of luck for France will make this second half good. Ozil's face as the French scored. Germans really craving this Euro tournament win.

Why did Germany only take one out and out striker?

Because that's all they have?

I didn't see him point to the spot at all, I thought the same then the card was shown and my reaction was oh it's a penalty.

Should be a great second half, Germany will be pissed!