France vs Not England - EURO 2016 Quarter Final | ITV

Heartwork

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's 3-0. Sadly think that's it for Iceland now. Would take a moment of absolute tactical mastery for Lagerback to turn this around in the second half. It's not entirely beyond someone of his capabilities but it is still one hell of a challenge and extraordinarily unlikely.

EDIT no that's not happening.

This really shows how bad England were to lose to Iceland. No offence Iceland.

Iceland played their cards just right in the opening games. The problem for them is, France did their homework and got their tactics right to deal with the places where Iceland normally threaten other sides. They presented Iceland with a way of playing that they weren't ready for and simply couldn't cope with and now Lagerback has to work out a way to minimise the damage as much as possible so Iceland can still go home with a respectable result.

if I said 'England could have done this if they hadn't conceded straight away' would everyone laugh?

England could have done this with a competent manager and a more balanced squad.

if I said 'England could have done this if they hadn't conceded straight away' would everyone laugh?

England could have done this if they actually did their homework on the Iceland way of playing and prepared their tactical approach accordingly. Instead they had no plan whatsoever and thought the result would take care of itself.

Pougatch or whoever it is said that France have two left footed CB in Koscielny and Umtiti. Ermm....Koscielny is right footed. At least do your research before you splurt about such rubbish.

I half-heard him going on about two left-footed CBs while I was in the kitchen and thought WTF are Mangala and Umtiti both playing?

I half-heard him going on about two left-footed CBs while I was in the kitchen and thought WTF are Mangala and Umtiti both playing?

Yep, just stupidness. Where do people get this knowledge from.

Ever since Martial poor first half against Albania, he seems to have been punished by the manager. Looks like the other two subs coming on is Coman and maybe Mangala.

France will be well rested after this training match and have home advantage. Germany will be more tired and no hummels.

Another contender for stating the obvious from Sid. The match will be close & France might have issues with history weighing heavily on them plus Germany are hardly going to be lacking in player or tactical options.

That's it- I'm really happy that it didn't end with a total thrashing, as Iceland didn't deserve that after such a great tournament

And I wonder how badly England would've got beaten today by the French? ;):D

Archived