Free agent database

jimmyt86

Is there an easy way in the pre-game editor to release all players in major leagues from their contracts and to start with the clubs having no players? I've seen a video in the forum with someone doing it in the Premier League but it didn't have a link to the save game or instructions on how to do. I remember in FM14 there was a database created with this but can't find one anywhere for 16 so am going to try and do my own

It's in one of the menu's at the top of the editor, can't remember which one exactly off the top of my head though

I don't think there's an option to release everyone?

I thought you had to go to settings, maximum records for search & change it to unlimited, then search on the editor, select all of them & then change their club to none...

but this can take quite a while to load

Some did that already and it does not work very well. High ranked players won't join any clubs because they don't have any players at the same level at the start of the game.

• 3 months later...

I've really enjoyed free agent games in previous FM versions so I attempted to create my own this year. However, by accident I only set a part of the player database as free agents, 50,000 to be exact. It was fairly evenly distributed across all teams and released some top players and wonderkids including Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar and Alaba.

The problem with total free agent databases previously is, as KUBI mentioned, the very top players won't join a club and tend to retire early. But because teams still have a decent rating with less than a 10% reduction they do sign. In my save Chelsea have snapped up Ronaldo, Bale and Pedro amongst others and no-one is refusing to sign for a club.

I'm Spurs and whilst I retained key players, Kane, Eriksen, Lamela, Alli and Lloris et al, I've also snaffled Lahm, Javi Martinez, Aboubakar and Batshuayi and a few promising youngsters. It's fun having access to players that I would normally have little chance of acquiring.

Archived