It's too easy

Just downloaded this latest version of football manager, and I have to say it's too easy.... Maybe my choice of first club , picked Liverpool, added a couple signings and currently running with a 80% win rate and won everything so far.

Is there a difficult level on the game?

Also, how come no of my team have player pictures? Only those I brought in from la liga have profile pictures.... Is this down to players image rights etc

• SI Staff

1) Liverpool are one of the easiest teams to manage in my experience. I would suggest trying a poor lower league side in Belgium/Italy etc for a tougher challenge.

2) Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2016 at 07:57, StevieWard said:

Take over a bottom 6 Vanarana team & win the champions league with them. See if you still find it easy then ;)

I have taken AFC Fylde from Vanarama North to winning the treble. 

Took a while but the rise through the leagues was steady. It actually got easier the higher I got, when really once I got to the championship it should have become much more difficult to improve. Weirdly, before the AFC Fylde job I was sacked from Carlisle after disappointing badly. I have screenshots if anyone is interested!

Not boasting at all I just mention it because like the OP here, I think there should be difficulty levels. I know the game is aimed at casual players, but there are people playing it who know FM quite well but play the mobile version because it's quicker or not having a powerful computer and so wanting to use a tablet.

I think two difficulty levels could be good. I think the teams I've built haven't "overachieved" in terms of the players they had- it's just probably been a bit too easy early on to secure good players.

To those who find it too easy, would you mind sharing your tactic(s)? I am struggling no matter what team I play. I really want to enjoy this game so I try again and again, but I keep failing. My tactics all seem reasonable enough to me, but clearly they're not! 

I'm on the enhanced engine BTW, if it makes much difference. 

Cheers 

I had a friend who used to play CM/FM 95/96. He'd always be Monaco - win every single trophy, every single season & barely lose a game. Was so obvious he was saving the game before every match & replaying them until he won games he lost.

These players who continually take teams from the conference to the premiership & become European Champions within 5/6 years - I say its a load of bull. If you did this over say 15 years it would be more believable.

Im Man United with a decent enough squad & a transfer budget of £100m every season & Im always so tight to win the league. In 8 seasons with Aberdeen it took me 6 years to finally win the league & I always ended up runner up to the old firm in the cups. In 5 seasons at City I only won the Champions League once, 10 seasons at Chelsea I only won it 3 times & only won the league 7/10 times.

FMs a hard game. I really dont believe these managers taking pub teams to the top of European football within a few years aren't doing it without cheating.

On 7/13/2016 at 16:39, Alari Naylor said:

What sort of formation are you playing?

it has more to do by how poor the transfer system is and how easy it is to take advantage of it rather than the ME/formations.

1- top players often transfer listed at 25% value and no one seems to want to buy them giving the player all the time in the world  to pick them up.

2- AI not having a clue about value of player. not giving contracts to players with expiring contracts or selling them before their contracts expire.

3- too easy to buy free and sell. i can make 150Mil every year buying a dozen of players and selling each the next year for 10-15Mil. main problem is AI clubs not buying good players for free and then they are ready to pay you 2Mil to loan them that same year. if they are willing to loan the player for 2Mil, why not just sign him for free? 

all in all, this game will always be easy as long as the AI is a farce in the transfers. the AI must be much more aggressive and act more like the player of the game.

19 hours ago, Footix said:

To those who find it too easy, would you mind sharing your tactic(s)? I am struggling no matter what team I play. I really want to enjoy this game so I try again and again, but I keep failing. My tactics all seem reasonable enough to me, but clearly they're not! 

I'm on the enhanced engine BTW, if it makes much difference. 

Cheers 

You have to fit the tactics to the players you have I think, not the other way around. Maybe have a more defensive formation for difficult away games.

But as other people have said, it's the transfer system that makes it easier rather than anything else. My teams haven't overachieved in terms of the players I've had- it's just been too easy to massively improve a team every season or two.

17 hours ago, oneleggedpig said:

But as other people have said, it's the transfer system that makes it easier rather than anything else. My teams haven't overachieved in terms of the players I've had- it's just been too easy to massively improve a team every season or two.

Try playing a lower division team (Vanarama level) if you want that to not be the case.  All the players on the market are basically a different mix of bad stats who all want more money than they deserve.  The only solution I found is to manually fish players from your reserve team on a weekly basis.  3 years in on my current save, a third of my starters are free young RNG players I found from my reserve team.  I haven't had much time to play lately but I fully expect that in 2-3 more seasons, most of my team will be cheap RNG players with good stats in key categories who end up blooming into stars.  It's a tedious exercise to check all the gray names in the reserve team on a weekly basis but it's the only way to improve without overpaying from an already crippling budget.  Rather take a gamble on a guy who's $100/week over some young punk in the transfer market for $1,250/week.  It's certainly a decent dose of realism at the depths of the league pyramid but doesn't always feel great from a gameplay perspective.

6 hours ago, veerus said:

Try playing a lower division team (Vanarama level) if you want that to not be the case.  All the players on the market are basically a different mix of bad stats who all want more money than they deserve.  The only solution I found is to manually fish players from your reserve team on a weekly basis.  3 years in on my current save, a third of my starters are free young RNG players I found from my reserve team.  I haven't had much time to play lately but I fully expect that in 2-3 more seasons, most of my team will be cheap RNG players with good stats in key categories who end up blooming into stars.  It's a tedious exercise to check all the gray names in the reserve team on a weekly basis but it's the only way to improve without overpaying from an already crippling budget.  Rather take a gamble on a guy who's $100/week over some young punk in the transfer market for $1,250/week.  It's certainly a decent dose of realism at the depths of the league pyramid but doesn't always feel great from a gameplay perspective.

I have, I've taken AFC Fylde from Vanarama North to the Prem treble.

I agree that bringing through young reserve players makes it more fun. I've been playing steadily for ages and the team I've currently got has 6 out of starting 11 as former "youth" players.

But I feel that I would have enjoyed the career more if I had needed more seasons to climb up the football league. It was tough at the start but after I got to League 2 it got easy to improve the team and I got promotions quite easily.

Archived