Contract Length Realism

In EHM, most players want 3-5 year deals, from RFA to Superstar. In real life, everyone wants and demands 5,6,7 and 8 year deals, from low rated players to superstars. I think contract length demands absolutely need to be adjusted to reflect this, as it is just so unrealistic to see Stamkos, or a Crosby signing 3 and 4 year deals. Any plans on this Riz?

If we talk about thing that could make the lenght vary i'm thinking :

the timing of when the contract is proposed : if the player if doing well, or the team (or both) the player could ask for lenghtier deal.

The loyalty of player

His age

If he was drafted by this team or not.

if the team as a legitimate chance of winning in the next x season (prospect pool)

I agree with this idea and especially loyalty. Seems loyalty is completely out of touch with reality. Most players now want security in term. Star players asking 3 and 4 year deals is not very realistic. I also think the value of these contracts need to be looked at. Right now it seems the only way to lock up your franchise players to long term deals is to pay them 13-15mil a season and even that doesn't guarantee you'll get over 6 years. Most superstars want to get paid, but we've also seen that they don't want to empty the cookie jar and leave the team unable to ice a competetive team. In the future we should be able to lock up our franchise players to 7-8 years deals in the 7-10 million aav range.

Archived