Wales v Belgium | Quarter Final | BBC1 20.00

mrbpme

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to take anything away from Wales because they deserve it, but Belgium are ****

I disagree, Belgium have played well for long periods but Wales held out and took their chances.

This win is all on how good Wales have been from back to front and not how bad Belgium have been.

I might not agree with where he has set the bar but he is consistent and hasn't gotten any major calls wrong, he will get a good score from his assessor.

Disagree - two major decisions wrong at least. One just outside the box where Lukaku was brought down and the other was the Belgian penalty that was never given.

That and pretty much all of his yellow cards were wrong.

Disagree - two major decisions wrong at least. One just outside the box where Lukaku was brought down and the other was the Belgian penalty that was never given.

Think he may have been blocked for the penalty appeal, there were a lot of bodies in the way (the one behind the goal could/should have seen it). Not sure how me missed the freekick though.

Wales on the Euros semi-finals. :D Would've been seen as a silly, completely unrealistic "only in FM" event just some 5 years ago. The Belgians must be shocked, how do you mess up a side of the draw that pairs you with Hungary and Wales, and with all that talent at your disposition??? Wilmots is going to be crucified.

Now it's our turn to be favourites on paper, and this match is a serious warning. We're not all different from Belgium as we're not taking the best out of our players (and Wales are), but our strengths and weaknesses are completely different and it might turn out to be a completely different match. Well at least I hope so. Wales look packed full with spirit and the joy of playing without any pressure on their backs, hopefully (and this will be a mean thing to say - sorry Welsh fans) the possibility of reaching a competition final will start weighing on them next. Their counter-attacks look dangerous as hell - it's almost a good thing William Carvalho is suspended so Danilo Pereira can fill in as I trust him a little more to shut off space.

Portugal are far better than Belgium. Wales will have to perform even more impressively to win that.

Seriously?

One of the worst team of the tournament, miracle for Ronaldo to be still there for the semis

The one on Naingolan at the 75ish minute? Yea I like that as a PK but it was below the bar that he had set so still consistent. He was a bit generous with his cautions but all in all, I still think he'll get a good score on his assessment.

Ohh **** off with your bait, this is about Wales.

:D I'm kidding ffs. Absolutely ****ing brilliant. So pleased for Wales. Got tonnes of Welsh mates and none of them thought they'd ever see that. Love it. So pleased, nearly in tears.

Archived