Wales v Belgium | Quarter Final | BBC1 20.00

mrbpme

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah it wasn't. You've been snide about us from the start. Calling you out on your bollocks, because frankly, it's exactly that.

We might lose, we might win. But we're in the Semi final and we've fully deserved it.

Sad little men like you, desperate to suck any joy out of this really aren't going to succeed at all. Nothing is bringing us down from this high.

Sad little men :D

A lot of your fans take pops at the English at any opportunity, so I just do the same back. If you were light hearted towards us, I wouldn't care.

Calm down mate.

All conversations have to revolve around Engerland for some don't they?. This thread isn't even about you. Perhaps it's the self-centered ''all about us & me'' mentality that has England in this situation it's in your culture it's no wonder the self serving Tories are so revered over there.

everyone has

I wonder how nobody beat Portugal :(

Bohooo

and still Portugal dont win in 90.. joke team.

would be less embarrassing if Portugal won it via extra times and penos the entire way bh

Portugal have won less games then England..
Portugal are the luckiest team. they got through as a 3rd placed team playing *****, in a group containing Hungary Iceland and Austria, they won...
it takes some doing to lose to cape Verde though tbh. Portugal, as i said, over rated.
Portugal always being over rated

Learn to respect other nations.

I think the term you're looking for is "struggled".

They never struggled. The teams who struggled are the teams who have been knocked out. They were better than their opponents in the knockout stages.

Wales have been much better than Portugal this tournament.

They have, but Portugal haven't been anywhere near as bad as everyone apart from PandoraBox is making out. This is going to be the sixth tournament out of seven where, if they lose, it will be to a runner up or winner. They don't get knocked out by nobodies. And they're not easy to get rid of either

2004 - lost to the winners

2006 - runners up

2008 - runners up

2010 - winners

2012 - winners

2014 - groups

Exactly. Wales is playing better? No doubts!

Is Portugal playing horrible football to watch? definitely yes.

Have any team beat Portugal? No.

Have any team been clearly better than Portugal? No (Croatia had more possession, but did they do anything with it? No. 0 Shots on goal. Any clear chances? No)

I wonder how everybody keep saying the same. Cro is gonna smash Portugal, Poland is gonna smash Portugal, Wales is gonna smash Portugal.

Calm your tits down, Can it happen? of course it can! Any evidence strengthening that theory? Hell no.

May the best in the game win. I'm not gonna get mad if we lose, we've reached semis not playing 1/10 of our potential, so how could i get mad? I'm only mad at Portuguese Federation for allowing Ronaldo to be in Ibiza while the training camp was going on. What's happening is the consequence of that decision. Portugal can't link up plays between the team and Ronaldo.

I expect Portugal to win myself as I see them as being better at handling pressure. Wales have done brilliantly to get this far but this will be the first game where they have real pressure on them, a lot of people are expecting them to beat Portugal (mostly neutrals rather than the Welsh strangely though), whereas they've been able to play with the freedom of no pressure in all their other games.

If there's one thing Portuguese players are horrible is to handle pressure :D Always been like that and always will. It's like we were all born anxious.

Yes but with the pressure on Wales as most neutrals favourites that means less pressure on Portugal.

I'd be happy for Wales to win, but as a Sheffield Wednesday fan our growing Portuguese contingent means I'm just as happy for them to win too. It's great watching international tournaments once England have been dumped out, I can find a reason to support any of the other teams tbh :D

Imagine Ronaldos face at Real Madrid training if Bale waltzed back in with a Euro 2016 winners medal, especially given that would mean they beat Portugal :D

That would potentially put Bale on track for World Player of the Year? Euros, Champions League, Real Madrid player, decent form in 2016 as it is....

People say Croatia were great but Portugal were better than them. People say Poland were good getting 7pts in Germany's group, but Portugal were better than them. It's not about how you do in qualifying or group stages. It's about how you do in the knockout matches.

Wales have been very impressive but Portugal have been good as well. Will be a good match and we will have a very deserving finalist who will be the underdog in the final.

Archived