The Quarter Finals are here! QF1 - Poland VS Portugal

Baptista_8

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When was that on?

It was before a game, I think at the weekend.

It was just a short bit maybe 5 minutes, was actually a bit of an eye opener. I never knew he actually gave up on the game because of the way players reacted on the park, also how he gave a lot of money to people from his home town.

Come on guys, backing Wales against Belgium and then Portugal as well? No chance against either.

Belgium without Vertonghen and Vermaelen though. Looks like a Lukaku-Denayer-Alderweireld-Meunier defence which doesn't exactly look great.

They've been one of the most dire teams to watch in this competition. I was hoping they'd get punted for that reason alone.

What do you count as dire? Apart from Croatia game they've created a huge amount of chances in each game they've played. If Ronaldo finished like he does for Real and they'd be blitzing sides 3/4 goals at least.

Ronaldo has been good this tournament apart from his finishing. Involved in moves, constantly on the move, work rate higher then normal. Just can't finish for save his life.

What do you count as dire? Apart from Croatia game they've created a huge amount of chances in each game they've played. If Ronaldo finished like he does for Real and they'd be blitzing sides 3/4 goals at least.

Ronaldo has been good this tournament apart from his finishing. Involved in moves, constantly on the move, work rate higher then normal. Just can't finish for save his life.

They've just been boring imo. Think I've fallen asleep 3 times during games and all have involved Portugal. I don't agree with you on Ronaldo. He looks like he's not fully fit. Always moaning and acting like it's all about him. Just not the Ronaldo we're used to seeing. His free kicks have been terrible too. About time someone told him to do one with regards to the freekicks.

This exact same day last year, Portugal lost the euro u21 final on penalties vs Sweden

this time we won.

I would sue the Portuguese Federation if we had lost again on penalties for bullying, because it's also my birthday :D

C'mon Portugal!!!!

I'm genuinely stunned that you think he's been good. He's been so far from that I have to question your sanity.

Portugal have been decent, they are just making sure they don't peak too early.

Portugal's training camp was useless, because the Portuguese tactic model has a target man, which is Ronaldo, who decided to be on holidays in Ibiza during all training camp long, so it didn't allow the team to know how to play with him.

So Portugal have started the competition without any coordination between Ronaldo and the rest of the team. Every single Portuguese game so far, they have changed tactic during the 1st half, and kept changing plenty of times during the games, because they just can't find any decent tactic to allow Ronaldo to have the space that he requires.

The manager keeps being clueless by now. And the next game will be different once again.

Lewandowski made a huge mistake by choosing to go second after winning the toss

Never understood why the winning toss would opt for 2nd. I always think the team going 2nd has the pressure. If the first team misses, then there's the added pressure on the 2nd team knowing it could put your team in the lead and if the first one goes in, the 2nd team have the added pressure of trying to keep things level.

I'm genuinely stunned that you think he's been good. He's been so far from that I have to question your sanity.

Agreed, I'm a Ronaldo fan generally (sometimes he annoys me) but his link-up play has been woeful.

I'm loving Ronaldo. It's like a one man theatre production. He's just so moody poo! Love it.

Loving that Sanchez guy. Is it just the dreds, or does he remind anyone else of Edgar Davids?

I know what you mean, he's got better technique and skill than Davids though.

he gained weight (all muscle) way too quickly, probably like 15-20 kgs in year and half, and lost a bit of agility and doesn't seem to fully control his "new found" strength, hence why many of his passes have way too much power. He was pretty good passer as well when youngster. Hopefully he doesn't turn into a robot and loses all his agility like Ronaldo.

tumblr_o9lxvzIcLD1tjkfe1o1_540.gif

Archived