Sports Interactive Community
The Rebel MC

England vs Iceland - 8pm ITV

Just going to say this. Even if we turn it around (which I'm not confident we will) I reckon his job will be over after the tournament now.

I reckon that was a forgone conclusion even before the ball was kicked. Hodgson has no clue how to set England up to score goals.

England are doing quite well to keep their vastly superior opponents to 2-1.

Stop ****ing around England you useless ****s! I hope if we lose this we have mass international retirements. Disgraceful. Sturridge on the wing ffs? :mad:

i say if england get through tonight the players should have a referendum to see if they want hodgson to stay with them. this way the whole country can get behind it and we can start healing together, as one nation.

Hodgson should resign at half time. Just do what's best for the country, walk out of the dressing room and never return.

The England defence have had to do practically nothing for the entire tournament and they still managed to concede 4 goals. :D

There is a reason Roy is out of contract after this tournament and despite the multiple vacancies this summer he hasn't been linked with one club. He just isnt good enough. We had the failed spell at Liverpool, the poor first tournament, the absolute joke of a second. Poor manager and supposedly the highest paid one at this tournament.

This would be the biggest odds upset in the Euros this century. That's all the data I have, but I think I would struggle to find something which was a bigger upset from before 2000.

Biggest World Cup upset in the data is Switzerland's win over Spain in 2010. 16/1

I don't even know why I'm surprised ?

Typically dross tournament football from us with no final third tempo or guile. Interested to see what Woy does at half time - could hook a few.

Hodgson should resign at half time. Just do what's best for the country, walk out of the dressing room and never return.

Haha that would be amazing if he just disappeared and then for years you'd get random sightings of people claiming to have seen Hodgson.

Would still keep it as it is for another 15/20 mins...but the movement needs to be better. After that, if it's still 2-1, I'd get Alli off and bring Vardy on. Not been great this has it :(

Maybe Iceland will do a Leicester and win Euro 16?

Just going to say this. Even if we turn it around (which I'm not confident we will) I reckon his job will be over after the tournament now.

Hopefully, he doesn't get nearly as much stick as he should for the job hes done.

Please Rashford to come on and save us. :mad:

This would be the biggest odds upset in the Euros this century. That's all the data I have, but I think I would struggle to find something which was a bigger upset from before 2000.

Biggest World Cup upset in the data is Switzerland's win over Spain in 2010. 16/1

Greece winning the Euros?

Woy on course to have 3 wins out of 11 games at major touanments. Conte has matched that in just his only tournament :thup:

'Mon Iceland!

Finish the job and I promise I'll never shop in Farmfoods ever again. :thup:

Woy on course to have 3 wins out of 11 games at major touanments. Conte has matched that in just his only tournament :thup:
With a better first 11, squad and with more experience tbf.

This is an utter **** show.

He wants width but Sterling and Sturridge are playing on the "wrong" side so that have to check their run to cut inside, and thus lose momentum. We need tempo, but every play is taking 3/4 seconds the ball.

It's not a carousel of passing because no one is moving off their markers to get the ball, therefore it's not working Iceland and tiring them out.

They are forcing the play through the middle, but there is no 10 so we are undermanned outside their box. And we've conceded two really awful goals.

Awful tactically and performance wise.

Danny Mills

Ex-England defender on BBC Radio 5 live

England are letting themselves down. They have to show a bit of character and move the ball around sharply and precisely. This is against a Championship standard team.

:applause:

still we could be Scotland who.. were not there

This tournament and the last world cup were absolutely brutal, not sure if id prefer England to be at home tbh.

Greece winning the Euros?

I don't have outright data, just individual 90 min scores. But this is bigger than Greece beating Portugal in the opener in 2004

this is gonna end with us going 2 up front in the 88th minute and look amazing but go out anyway. while we watch sterling and wilshere run into people all half and rooney overhitting every pass.

Scotland are honking and would add nothing to this tournament at all. You wont find many Scots outside the Tartan Army who don't recognise that. Still, that doesn't detract from the hilarity of watching England embarrass themselves at Finals every second summer :D

This isn't a quality of player thing, this is a coaching & tactical problem. Conte has showed how well drilled an international side can be even if it doesn't have many exceptional players.

This isn't a quality of player thing, this is a coaching & tactical problem. Conte has showed how well drilled an international side can be even if it doesn't have exceptional players.

we have quality, it needs to be used properly.

Scotland are honking and would add nothing to this tournament at all. You wont find many Scots outside the Tartan Army who don't recognise that. Still, that doesn't detract from the hilarity of watching England embarrass themselves at Finals every second summer :D

Indeed, it's just 'another' excuse to have a beer if Scotland ever do go to another tournament.

There is always an excuse though, "Hey look England are getting ****ed, I'm going to have a beer".

This isn't a quality of player thing, this is a coaching & tactical problem. Conte has showed how well drilled an international side can be even if it doesn't have many exceptional players.
we have quality, it needs to be used properly.

That was my point. Its not the lack of good players, its very poor coaching and tactics. A decent international coach would not have such a poor tournament with this set of players.

I'm not saying we should win the tournament, far from it, but Hodgson is completely out of his depth. Even if we turn this match around, its despite him not because of him.

Kane 0 from 5000 on set pieces.

Seriously Hogdson??

How can England can play so badly?

You dont have any good corner kick takers that Kane must take them ?

Really dont understand that team

Even worst than my weak France

This reminds me of watching Newcastle under McClaren and its just sheer morbid curiosity to why im still watching it

Alli has had a terrific season but really unconvinced by him in England shirt. Not adding much. I really would like to see Barkley given a go who I think will do a lot more than him and Rooney.