England vs Iceland - 8pm ITV

Rebs

Absolute ****. I cant believe any of those players wearing an England shirt is actually paid to play this game. Its not about passion, that should come as standard, but some of them look absolutely lost on the pitch.

As much as it comes down to Hodgson and his staff to guide the team, theres 11 men out there who know how to play football and do at least the basics in the right way. Yet again, it failed to happen.

Well the positive is that I can enjoy the Quarters and not worry that we have to play.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic in all this is that Iceland (co-)manager Lars Lagerbäck, and indeed the whole of Swedish football for a long time, were inspired by the Roy Hodgson way of playing 4-4-2. Now he finally has a team that fully committs to it.

I just don't understand what's SO wrong with England...

Every major tournament, they show up with solid ambitions and with decent players (forget the insane media hype), then they collapse against much weaker opposition... It can't just be the managers' fault... They've tried pretty much every kind of solution and the final outcome has never changed...

I'm surprised at the lack of seethe here, I mean there are a few but everyone else was mainly just laughing and doing other things. Good thing Algeria broke me all them years ago that the lack of care just makes me take a back seat to the lot.

Evening lads. How you all doing on this fine evening? :D what's everyone's plans for the 1/4s???

I suppose there's always the summer transfer thread. Assuming they'll even let any foreigners in now. :(

I'm surprised at the lack of seethe here, I mean there are a few but everyone else was mainly just laughing and doing other things. Good thing Algeria broke me all them years ago that the lack of care just makes me take a back seat to the lot.

It would be ludicrous to be angry at England. You would have to be genuinely hopeful of their chances to get like that.

Shearer finally saying something i and many have said for years and that is we dont have as good as players as we think we do. We dont have any world class players in the team and even though the Premier League is arguably the best in the world, its the foreign players that make it so

This is incredible :D. Like a comedy sketch!

Just horrendous from England. Indescribably embarrassing from top to bottom. No wonder English fans are so cynical when this happens every time.

Shearer finally saying something i and many have said for years and that is we dont have as good as players as we think we do. We dont have any world class players in the team and even though the Premier League is arguably the best in the world, its the foreign players that make it so

Italy don't really have that many world class players, they still play a whole hell of a lot better than England do. That's down to coaching and managing

Italy don't really have that many world class players, they still play a whole hell of a lot better than England do. That's down to coaching and managing

Well Leicester City have proven you dont need the best players to win things, as have Iceland tonight so yea agree tactics rule over players. So many pundits though have called England players world class over recent years when none are

Archived