Italy vs Spain - BBC1 - KO - 17.00

craigcwwe

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this Spain side aren't quite as tedious to watch as previous iterations, but still, good riddance. Horribly one-dimensional.

Great performance by Italy and great to see a team so obviously enjoying themselves.

I think Spain have been trading on past successes and are very much in need of big changes. I only saw a small part of the game, but they looked like a team of statues at times. No one seemed to be fighting for the ball. Whereas the Italians, especially Eder, seemed to be giving it a go. I didn't see the whole game, but that's the impression I got.

I have to admit I probably have underestimated Conte's management skills...

Italy have a rather mediocre side in midfield and attack, but they've been instructed to play in the only logical and productive way, even outplaying both Belgium and Spain, two much stronger sides on paper. Kudos to Conte and to the players...

As an extra bonus, maybe tiki-taka's time is up and direct football is ready to make a comeback?

I think Conte could be a revelation in England. As to me he plays quite an English style of football. What impresses me about Italy is that they keep on battling till the end rather than just sit on a lead. I've been quite impressed with them, and think they have a definite chance against Germany. Should be a great game!

I'm not so sure Germany will win. I'd make them favourites. But I think Pelle and Eder will cause the German defence problems. I'm not totally convinced by the German defence. I think if Italy score first they'll hold on to the lead, and get through.

I think it would be harsh to call Conte's style "up and direct football", they weren't doing aimless hoofs forward.

Nobody called it 'up and direct football' :D

He said mayb tiki-taka's time is UP and DIRECT football is ready to make a come back. Direct doesn't mean hoof.

Archived